Discrete Graphics Market Share: NVIDIA 81.1% - AMD 18.8%

wccftech.com/nvidia-amd-discrete-graphics-market-q3-2016/

gfxspeak.com/2016/11/22/graphics-board-shipments-quarter/

>NVIDIA Gains Q3 2016 Discrete Graphics Market Share By 0.9%, AMD’s Share Falls By 0.8% – AIB Shipments Up 38.2% in Q3 2016

M O N O P O L Y

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidia-amd-discrete-graphics-market-q3-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just wait until next year. AMD is getting ready to BTFO of Nvidia.

The PC gaming community (and some companies) are retarded. They cheer on AMD (like zen) and say "competition is good!!11! :DDDDDD" then buy nvidia and intel anyway.

>Just wait until next year
That must be the ayymdfags favorite phrase.

This. It's incredible, especially in light of all the screwups nvidia have had the past few years. I mean, AMD are far from perfect but at least card killers aren't an annual thing with them.

>JUST WAIT

Fucking AMD FANGAYS when will they learn??!

yeah it's a daily thingy lmao

>AMD is getting ready to BTFO of Nvidia.
By the time AMD can BTFO GF10, NVIDIA will have something new to release. I really hope AMD can somehow get their ass into high gear and start competing at the high-end again.

With R9 3xx and Fury they at least had something in the same ballpark of the 970/980/980Ti (even though Fury X was pretty terrible compared to a 980Ti), but now they've let NVIDIA have the high-end market with absolutely no competition. To top it all off, RX 480 wasn't even the power-sipping budget monster they tried to hype up, it's just an OK card with 290X-tier performance.

>NVIDIA 81.1% - AMD 18.8%

Those are the numbers from the same quarter last year, you dumb shill. Q3 this year was 70.9% to 29.1% in favour of Nvidia, meaning AMD have clawed back more than 10% with the RX 480 alone.

>Posted 4 hours ago

nope. it's this year. stay mad.

Read the chart. Are you being stupid on purpose? lel

>I'm too dumb to read a chart, so I'll pretend I was pretending to be retarded!

I don't think you understand how competition works. Multiple companies release competing products, then consumers buy the one which (they think) is best. Sucking up to AMD and buying AMD just because they're the underdog isn't how competition works. It only works if AMD is legit making superior products, if not you're just encouraging mediocre products by paying for them.

This time around AMD decided to not even compete at all in the >$250 price segment, so they lost all potential customers who were looking for performance better than a 2013 (290X) card by default. They also fumbled their budget messiah with the PCI-E power draw issue at launch and vastly overestimated the power efficiency Polaris has in practical situations. Still, despite all that RX 480 earned them quite a bit of market share, which is good, but I hope they'll start competing for the single-GPU performance crown again with a product that can go toe to toe with GeForce GTX 20xx or w/e NVIDIA's next gen is going to be called.

Read the table in the article retard

>As shown in Table 1, AIB market share is shifting. In the past 12 months AMD has gained 11 points of market share on its rival Nvidia.

Nice try though, Pajeet.

>all the charts say q3 2016
>article specifically says september 20

wow

>mfw people are celebrating having barely a quarter of the market

AMDrones everyone. Atleast the majority of the world know Nvidia are superior :^)

Holy shit kys

I own a 1070, because AMD have nothing in that market segment. That doesn't change the fact that you're a retard who can't comprehend a table consisting of three columns. What's it like to be that dumb, user?

Hey I bothered with AMD and bought a r9 390 and it was complete shit so I can see why the rest of the world avoids their stuff completely.

>Discrete Graphics Market Share: NVIDIA 81.1% - AMD 18.8%

Last year.
Current year: AMD 30%, Nvidia 70%.

And if you count non-discrete market, then it's Intel at 70%.

Based Huang.

i owned a 390. what's you point? you're still worshiping a company that is objectively inferior to every company it competes with.

dude, i had a 390 and i'm in the same boat as you. i've posted my speccy in threads before and i keep getting called out as being fake even though i've included time, date and everything. i swear, you can't say shit against amd on this board without being called a false flagger.

it was an abortion of a gpu, and that experience will keep me away from amd till someone like samsung buys them up and makes them decent again.

I wonder why nobody commented on that. Nvidia users so retarded? More likely it is all a troll though, given it's Sup Forums. Not very clear to me who is this supposed to troll though. Oh well, GPUfan kiddos a shit.

>nvidia fags crying because there shitty overpriced GPU is being surpassed by the #AMDMASTERRACE

lmao

Nobody believed whatever your stupid sob story was because it was filled with inconsistencies. Like holy shit, if you have a faulty card RMA it. Instead you just blogged about it on Sup Forums or you're just Huang false-flagging as usual.

Would have been nice if Nvidia didn't kick Asynchronous Compute to the curb. Good technology being wasted because of corporate politics.

My guess is that I was lucky enough to be able to get a 1070 to replace that hunk of shit and get double the performance and half the power usage.

I guess people become AMDrones because they fall for the meme, realize they spent all their money on a poorly engineered piece of crap that will explode if you try to run games on it, and then try to justify their purchase on an anonymous imageboard so they don't feel as bad.

PCI-E -> PCI extended
PCIe -> PCI express
I thought i was on egay for a moment.

>i-it's all a lie!

t. assmad amd fanboy who can't handle the simple facts that amd can't make good driver software.

come back to me when the 390 display driver stops crashing after an hour of gta 5. and yes, it's a common issue. check the steam forums if you don't believe me.

Strangely enough, the scenario you just described seems slightly less believable than the one in which you're just a false flagging retard.

t. child that's too stupid to RMA a defective card. wew.

>PCI-E -> PCI extended
That's wrong, "PCI extended" is PCI-X

>defective card

all the thousands of people who are having the same driver issues as me all have defective gpu? ok, there's another reason to avoid amd.

you heard it here people, confirms amd for having terrible build quality as the majority of their cards are faulty.

Literally fuck of my Sup Forums Huang. The only thing that would make your tears more delicious would be if you bought an ACX 3.0 1070.

>a rebranded 290 oc with 8GiB ram

At least, your card is faster than Poolaris

I'm not worshipping anything, user. I'm not a dumb, drooling fanboy, so I can see both that AMD produce some good products and that them being competitive helps me even if I choose to buy an Nvidia card. I can also read a simple table of information, whereas you seem unable to do so.

I wonder if there's a connection between these things?

Why do I have to care if you believe me?

I had a 390, got a 1070, sold the 390 on craigslist.
If you're a butthurt Pajeet thats your problem, I get to enjoy smooth sailing with Nvidia now.

i don't have a 1070. you're replying to 2 different people, both who have had bad experiences with a 390.

>Just wait until the next year

AMD's usual catchphrase

what?

Why are AMDrones always the ones so butthurt and defensive? Lol. I seriously dont need to justify buying my 1070 to you, it's fucking great and if you're too poor to afford one then I guess it's tough luck.

Do you really have a stake in AMD? Bought their stocks while they were still a meme? Why do you care so much that their image isn't tarnished on a chinese cartoon website?

He basically sent you to where you belong.

Don't forget to sage and report.

i see you're running solus, i'm a winbabby myself

waitfags are so funny

>It only works if AMD is legit making superior products
But they are. Their cards aren't the absolutely best performing but they hit a solid price/performance segment. Their APUs are lacklustre in the CPU department but they hit a nice CPU/GPU balance. Their drivers aren't technically the best but they're consistent and don't have as many show stopping bugs as the nvidia ones.
> I hope they'll start competing for the single-GPU performance crown again
This isn't really relevant for the vast majority of customers but the public is swayed by the whole flagship product phenomena. "Oh, hey, they have the best thing in this category, their cheaper stuff must be the best too!"

>Just wait until next year.

Is this the official AMD company motto yet?

Not when the competition is pants on the heads retarded.
If AMD dies there will be someone taking even if it is just Intel/Nvidia being spit up and that one will actually make competitive products.

If we support the state now with 1 overprices price gauged product and one piece of literal shit then you are the problem not the people supporting a decaying corpse so that Nvidia can keep doing their thing.

>But they are.
Maybe in some very specific niche uses, sure. What is an APU good for in practice? Low-end gaming? If the goal is regular desktop use, a low-end Intel CPU is probably better, because if you're not playing games the GPU performance is wasted on nothing. A faster CPU has more potential to be useful than a faster GPU for desktop use.

RX 480 was successful, yeah, but I wouldn't praise AMD's drivers too much. I personally switched to NVIDIA a few months ago and while their drivers definitely have bugs they at least try to react quicker to serious issues and don't suffer from crippling problems at their core, like AMD's very poor DX11 CPU overhead/draw call limit. I mean, for a few months NVIDIA's drivers reported erroneous VRAM usage numbers. That's annoying, yeah, but not critical. But when I ran AMD, there were games which straight-up choked and dropped from 60+ to 20FPS with 30% GPU usage in certain areas. That's a much more serious issue and not one you can really hope will get fixed in a few versions (one of these was DDDA, a very, very old game). Freesync was always quite glitchy and CF support utterly terrible (I had 290X CF before).

Amada

>while their drivers definitely have bugs they at least try to react quicker to serious issues

I been using Nvidia cards for the past four years and I can definitely say that Nvidia has just as many driver issues as AMD. There are ridiculous bugs in the drivers RIGHT NOW that I've had to roll back to a version from May to get away from because the THREE DIFFERENT VERSIONS I tried from the past month and a half all had bugs. And you know what the kicker is? The version from May ALSO has a bug that I was previously aware of and tolerated because I know Nvidia's driver releases barbeque cards every now and then.

Both vendors have driver issues. People should stop bringing this fucking meme up.

>CF and SLI support utterly terrible
>ftfy
SLI and CF are both dead, being displaced by DX12 multi-GPU. Sorry, that point is kind of irrelevant.

>What is an APU good for in practice?
Quite a bit actually. The IGP is leagues ahead of anything Intel has. Since absolutely everything is GPU accelerated nowadays, that has quite an impact on the general experience. If you do go for low end gaming, Intel has serious issues with anything before dx9.
>I wouldn't praise AMD's drivers too much.
Both companies screw up there pretty badly but nvidia has made a habit of killing older cards. As the other user pointed out, CF and SLI are both awful and should never have been a thing.

That adds up to 99.9%
Who is the .1%?

the .1% is intel intergated gpu

AMD have 57% of all gaming hardware due to the fact they are in the PS4 and Xbox One. It's also the reason so many triple A titles are furthering towards AMD's favor. Those stats are not shown on shitty Steam surveys. Take that and shove it up your asses Nvidiots.

>It's also the reason so many triple A titles are furthering towards AMD's favor

like what? dishonored was the last major AAA title and it runs way better on nvidia. same goes for civ 6.

'no'

Battlefield 1

battlefield 1 what? the 1060 beats the 480 consistently in bf1 by 2/3 fps

hahahaha fucking destroyed

>Q4 2017
>Nvidia 51%
>AMD 49%
>hahaha amdfags we have the majority why are you even trying :^) :^) :^) daddy wins again

FUCKING AMPAJEETS WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

>nvidia_fanboy_begging_for_corporate_dick.jpg

I'm tempted to go full AMD for my next build if Zen turns out to be good.

When are they releasing their high end graphic cards?

Within the next few months. No official date set for either Zen or Vega.

Those aren't discrete graphic cards you retard

It's amazing how wrong that tripfag is all the time. It's weird because he's here all the time yet he literally doesn't understand anything.

>New Zealand

According to steam there are more people with 1070s than 1060s, 480s and 470s combined.

AMD sure dropped the ball by having no higher end option.

AMD confirmed "JUST" tier

>mfw most of those sheep 1070 owners have 1080p/60 Hz monitors

Every day I wake up and thank God that I'm an educated owner of AMD graphics cards and not Huang's cuckboi.

>(you)

Just because you went to the Punjab School of Business doesn't mean you're educated, Pajeet.

Year of the AMD desktop :^)

>mfw gtx 1070 with 120hz 1440p monitor
As long as I stay within 60fps theres 0 stuttering, and if I go past 60 theres 0 tearing

>mfw playing Overwatch at 120hfps 1440p

AMDrones will never know this feeling

kek feels good I spent my neet money on a GTX 1070

>manchild NEET
>nvidiot

It checks out.

>poorfag amdrone
>can't even spend his government money on premium hardware

Loving Every Laff

>I wouldn't praise AMD's drivers too much.

When AMD has shit drivers it causes games to drop to 20FPS for no reason. When Nvidia has shit drivers, your card gets fried.

>AMDrones will never know this feeling

But user, I already do.

Plus, my Fury X doesn't even sound like a jet engine taking off, and won't be depreciated by this coming February.

My 1070 FE doesnt either
its fucking quiet as a whisper
also doesnt consume 400w of power like the Fury, or need liquid cooling so it doesnt get blown to pieces thanks to AMD's Spicy Curry housefires.

Fucking AMDlets, when will they learn

AMD has shit drivers 100% of the time and AMDlets are used to it

Nvidia has shit drivers 1% of the time and people expect quality from Nvidia so it's a big deal

>wccftech.com/nvidia-amd-discrete-graphics-market-q3-2016/

>Market Share This Quater
>Nvidia 70.9%
>AMD 29.1%

>Market Share Last Quater
>Nvidia 70%
>AMD 29.9%

>Market Share LAST Year
>Nvidia 81.1%
>AMD 18.8%

Fucking shills. This Circlejerk thread arose from the fact that no one opened the fucking webpage to see that AMD is on the rise finally.

Go cut your dicks off and insert your 970's into your rectum, you gamerfuck retard shitholes.

>mfw waiting for RX 490

>The new AYYYMD catch phrase

Why even include S3 thou
Marox probably has a quite bigger markeshare than S3 since they actually have products in production

what's this 490 rumor?
and then there is 490=dual gpu rumor, dual gpu would kill amd for real this time

the heck is S3?