I went to try it for a week after years of using chrome

I went to try it for a week after years of using chrome.
I am done with it.
How this once greatest browser became this shit?
This slowness and glitchness is fucking unbearable.
It crashed on me, with just 10 tabs or so and 3 windows, 2 of them showing streaming content.
I just can't imagine how people still use it, If you are concerned about your privacy just get chromium instead of google chrome.

The only thing that is keeping alive ff are muh addons.

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
chromium.woolyss.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time to upgrade your old laptop from 2000. Firefox works just fine for me, never crashes even though I use the Nightly version.

That doesn't mean OP is wrong, he's saying that it's garbage compared to chrome / chromium, which it is.

I've been giving nightly a try since Saturday, just a last hurrah type thing because some anons claim that nightly makes it bearable.

It doesn't.

>Time to upgrade your old laptop from 2000
Nice assumptions, but even if it was the case, it would be much easier to move to chrome.
>Firefox works just fine for me, never crashes even though I use the Nightly version.
You should try chrome or chromium for a week or two and you will notice the difference.
Fuck fuck sake I can't even listen to music using the spotify web player without a random glitch sounds.

I've been trying normal firefox, nightly, firefox developer edition, waterfox and all of them are the same shit.
Never again.

>2 of them showing streaming content
Are you fucking retarded?

I tried chromium. Other than a shittier UI and no about:config there was 0 difference.

try brave dude

>lying on the internet

>two tabs with streaming content at the same time is too much for cuckfox

ok then, I will stick with a more powerful browser

>just 10 tabs or so and 3 windows
When you are using this much stuff, did you check your ram usage? Are you hitting utilization? Also, try using Firefox Nightly.

Don't bother OP is a shit baiter shill. Sage and move on..

Stay mad, firecux is garbage and the market share shows it very clearly. Right now even freetards have no excuse to use it.

ITS NOT SLOW
WEBKIT IS JUST FAST

>Having to upgrade your computer so the bruiser can work properly

>The only thing that is keeping alive ff are muh addons.

Yea, I am going to drop it the second Chrome gets Treestyle tabs.

>webkit

>using a web browser developed by an internet data collection/advertising company

You guys are all fucking tech illiterate morons.

>Implying bigger market share means that it's better

By that logic user the most listened to music artists are the best (Justin Bieber, one direction, etc.)

Developer Edition and Nightly are much faster and stable than the release edition, believe it or not

But why? Arent they just the next release? I mean, it gets worse every release. What changes?

Probably because they don't stuff it with end-user bloat due to testing other components.

Honesly I tried using firfox awhile ago a few days before the world series. I was watching a world series stream and the shit was crashing so fucking often I just said fuck it and went back to chrome. Other than the crashes and slowing down it's a decent browser I guess. Its fallen a long way from where it used to be back in the day.

I just switched back to FF after using Chrome last 4 years. It is somewhat slower, but not too bad. I'm just happy to not be a part of the botnet anymore

I'm using it just because I don't have RAM to spare, honestly. I hate it at so many levels

Stay salty, kid. Enjoy being ass blasted by google and sundar pajeet.

yup firefox sucks, and i say the same thing about Linux distros that include systemD

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

>It crashed on me, with just 10 tabs or so and 3 windows, 2 of them showing streaming content.

How in the fuck did you manage that? Haven't had a crash for a couple years now, and when it did it was flash fucking up, not ff.

>google did pay adobe large sums of money to have a chrome exclusive flash version that was more stable and feature rich

Food for thought

FF has bugs, Chromium has bugs, but at least in my case there's a very noticeable delay on typing and scrolling on FF. I wish I could show it on a webm or something. I guess I just got used to it, until I tried Chromium and was blown away. Never going back to Firefox unless they release a lite version or something.

Palemoon or Seamonkey?

So like, every distro that's worth a shit? You don't know shit boi

go back to Sup Forums with your conspiracy theories

I use chrome at work and firefox at home. I notice no difference but I don't want to give google anymore information than I need to.

How to install Chromium on windows?

For people who say they don't notice any difference between ff and chrome/cromium are you usinf ff just out of the box? or you twerk it in some way or instal addons? or use some special snoflake edition?

I tried ff in 3 different machines and it was slow and inresponsive in many occasions.

Just like every other program, you first download it..
chromium.woolyss.com/

Default, with uB0 on both browsers . There are some more add-ons in Fx, but nothing thaht would speed it up. Also customisation mostly visually. That being said, I'm not running them on a toaster: 3770k, 32GB RAM, Intel 530 240GB, GTX 780ti, 1 Gbps connection. Also multiprocess disabled in Fx. Both browsers perform equally, except for Chromium being a resource hog especially while loading a page. Both browsers are x64.

>>chromium
>>private
What is wrong with you

I have ublock and a couple privacy related ones. I have never had an issue with firefox and I have never owned a laptop worth more than $100 lol.

>How this once greatest browser became this shit?
liberal nepotism

>go back to Sup Forums with your conspiracy theories

user, they literally did. Remember a few years ago, when chrome was the only browser showing speaker icons on the tabs playing a flash with sound? Mozilla devs said themselves they knew how google did it, but they couldn't do the same because it was using a library tailor-made by adobe exclusively for chrome.