/wt/ Watch Thread The Kike returns edition MK.2

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ebest/eset000013673.html
pheidippides-watches.com/collection/hourglass/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for franken Amphibirskies.

Can someone recommend something simple, cheap, pope-watch-ish but less flimsy, sub 38mm?

what seiko is on the right and is there one with english dates?

yea. someone recommend a cheap watch around $100 or less that won't be embarrassing to wear if I ever meet rich people.No Osama watches.

Seiko 5206-6080 LM special, it has an English/Japanese Date wheel.

Seiko 5 famalam, plenty of various models. Vostok Amphibia is another option, along with Orients sub 100$ lineup.

Buy new unless you've properly researched. And whatever you do don't order from India.

my dad ordered a seiko from amazon. shit did not work at all.

What do you mean by didn't work at all?

Dam so true, NEVER EVER buy from India sellers

vintage Soviet mechanicals

Are Skagen's good/alpha? their minimalist design is my type. I am new to watches and don't want to look like a retard peb wearing some mickey mouse tier shit.

Skagens are turbo pleb dogshit

>Skagen
Oh shit. Here we go

minimal is as opposed to alpha

DId I just piss alot of people off?

I don't want to wear a mini nuclear reactor though.

Turboshit tier.

choose either minimalist or alpha and we can proceed

ok I want to look alpha, I am looking on macys and they have black friday deals now. I see Seikos and Bulovas at $99 marked down from $250.

get a seiko diver

i am starting dress business casual now. ( i am a STEM uni student who walks by my cities business/financial district to get to school and I see the guys with some nice watches).

dive watch is pretty much the center of the universe for business casual

What website though. I don't trust ebay or amazon. Macy's have seikos cheap but I'm afraid they are those items specifically made for Black Friday so are of shit quality.

>I don't trust eBay or Amazon

The websites aren't at fault.

long island watch has them cheap, but amazon has them cheaper. do you have some political/ethical problem with amazon or are you just a moron?

amazon is known to sell fakes. the reviews on some of the seikos has them chipping paint off the very first week.

moron, then. got it.

are Orients good watches?

gonna buy that one sexy bastard as a birthday present for myself
r8

yeah they're fine

So now that I've been accpeted to professional school, I know in about 5 years I'll actually be able to afford shit.
What should be my first major watch purchase?
I'm thinking speedy pro, any suggestions?

apple watch

You got five years to decide. There's a lot of options

SNOWFRAKE
NOWFRAKES
OWFRAKESN
WFRAKESNO
FRAKESNOW
RAKESNOWF
AKESNOWFR
KESNOWFRA
ESNOWFRAK

who's this cutie?

Can't wait for this to arrive, any other good black friday deals going on?

long island watch sale just went live

Thanks, I'll check it out. Anything of note?

Looks like a nice deal on the Orient ranger, I might pick one of those up.

the speedmaster is a nice, safe choice.
a sub/gmt-master works as well. doesn't dress up as well though.
or go for something dressier.
a reverso is a fun choice, but i wouldn't get one as my first nice watch.

Anyone got one of these Vostok-made solid steel crowns for their Amphibia? I know they're rough, but are they too rough to be polished up with some Cape Cod or a dremel with a polishing wheel?

Does anyone know where you can buy pic related in the North America (Leafland, specifically)? Or any Jap vendors that would ship it overseas?

I believe that's a discontinued model so you're going to have a rough time. /f29/ is probably your best best for one to turn up.

Yahoo Japan most likely

store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ebest/eset000013673.html

Which model is this?

Read the filename

My wife told me I have to sell my Rolex and my Omegas because she wants to go on an around the world trip with me and the money form selling it.

What do?

Why doesn't she sell her stuff?

She doesn't have stuff to sell.

If you've got a bunch of fag trinkets like those then she must be dripping in jewellery.
>Offer to match her selling shit 50/50.
>She fucks off for a while.
>?????
>Profit

Cлaвa (Slava) 2428

Tell the slag to pick one country and shut her fucking mouth.

this.

she picks a watch, you pick a rock, they go in the shoebox to sell. repeat until she breaks.

Regular poster to /wg/ here...recent stopped wearing my quartz and automatics.

Got a Mi band 2, I know I know it's against /wg/ morals to get a smart watch, but this thing is pretty gud for $25.

absolutely degenerate

buy a new wife. this model seems finicky.

I will never purchase/wear a diver.

Almost mediocre

i am not particularly into them either but i love my amphibia. it is just so fucking WEIRD

I said the same thing about Apple products but today I can happily say I am a full fledged homosexual.

I thought that as i was just getting into watches. Now they are my favorite type of watch.

Eh, I'd wear a real watch on my left wrist, and a mi band on my right wrist if I were you.

Same, I just don't like them. They're big and vulgar.

BEN

Interesting, I'm kinda new and love field watches.

I hate divers. For now

Yes Amphibia are divers, but there is something to them.... I like em

You're missing out, divers are the best kind of watch.

pheidippides-watches.com/collection/hourglass/

Hello comrades!

those buffalo wings?

minimalism is cancer

>Yes Amphibia are divers, but there is something to them
They're just really cheap and shitty divers, there isn't anything special about them.

One of us!

>watch on right hand
are you a manchild? oh the tendies....that answers it.

So my dad bought me a waterproof/shockproof watch that was $30 and worked fine then I realized it was uncomfortable to wear a watch around and that I carry something that tells the time and date on it pretty much 24/7, sometimes 2 of those things and even if I didn't there are clocks pretty much everywhere or at least another person who had the time so I threw the watch in a drawer and never touched it again so I guess my question is how fucking retarded is someone who wears a watch today, let alone the people who spend significant amounts of money on them just to look like a god damn faggot?

Maybe he's left handed you pillock

>caring about which hand someone wears their watch
are you autistic? oh your post....that answers it.

back to /r9k/

it's like you have no appreciation at all for wristwatches as the culmination of 10,000 years of the central european sun cult

>trumpposting
back to r/the_donald

its jewelery for men. Its to show off our status. I would love to show my BWC in public but laws exist and I don't want to be sued for giving women heart attacks. A nice watch will suffice.

its called presidentposting now

is Citizen a good brand?

Yes.

They make some ok watches, I'm wearing one now.

those are sweet chilli chicken bites, large chicken nuggets made of chicken breast by a local butcher

FOR RUSSIA COMRADE!!!

pic is the way round I decided to go for the straps on my two ruskies.

he does wear a rolex president in 18k

You mean one slav and a chink.

THANKSGIVING WATCH THREAD

LOOK AT MY NEW WATCH

nice KAPPA, i've been saving up for one

i wear this nearly every day, it's been flawless

But will it steal the ball from your ass?

holy fuck a KAPPPA

probably a fake

i can't stand how the minute indices are rotated but the hour indices are all upright. reee

Hello.

Very much so.

ofc, horology is maximal autism