Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QoCMQUIGlEI
youtube.com/watch?v=ntuWvIHfM-o
youtube.com/watch?v=csReh4mYalg
youtube.com/watch?v=79ImZE0K7xc
youtube.com/watch?v=HBrpGpKeEvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's your shitty computer's fault you retard

Framedrops usually happen when your CPU can't decode the stream fast enough, it's not a network error you dumbfuck.

Use software that's designed to play video, not your browser.

>he fell for the in-browser meme

Really makes one ponder.

my pc is shit and i drop way less frames. how?

like what

It's actually thisYT's player is absolute shit
mpv master race

OP here didn't even think someone would reply to my shitpost rant, but maybe we're actually able to figure out the problem

essentially this sometimes happens with some videos when I play them at 2x. I guess(?) it's because of shitty encoding because 95% of the videos work fine.

If I play this Rossman stream at 2x for example youtube.com/watch?v=QoCMQUIGlEI it lags like shit

If I take a shitty normie video from the start page like this youtube.com/watch?v=ntuWvIHfM-o and play it at 2x it's absolutely fine

I use a 2500k and a R9 290X so that shouldn't be the problem

and no SSD?

mpv

doubt it is because i got a shitty a10 7850k apu
i can play that video at 1080/60 and get 50 max dropped frames

>using a web browser for media playback

Your hardware actually is the problem. Neither of those support hardware vp9 decoding. You can download h264ify to force h264 on YouTube.

It says it's using AVC tho not VP9

firefox, open-with and mpv
problem solved

>I use a 2500k and a R9 290X so that shouldn't be the problem

>Neither of those support hardware vp9 decoding.

Yes, exactly. Your hardware doesn't support VP9 so why would YouTube use VP9? Are you fucking retarded? Is this the state of modern Sup Forums? Top fucking kek.

Alternatively, mpv [url]

>shitty computer
>drop frames

>If I take a shitty normie video from the start page like this youtube.com/watch?v=ntuWvIHfM-o and play it at 2x it's absolutely fine
>Zoella
aka How to get 1 Million people to watch an advertisement without realizing youtube.com/watch?v=csReh4mYalg

You're the real retard here

Turn on hardware decoding. You are probably stressing your CPU 10x more than it needs to be.

the first is 60 fps
the second is 30 fps

at 2x speed, your pc has to decode at 120 fps
it cant

that's why

You lost. Fuck off already cuck.

holy shit you're right.

on all 60fps videos it drops frames like fuck

BUT only some lag.

I just searched for 1080p 60fps videos, this one says it's dropping almost 50% frames in the stats: youtube.com/watch?v=79ImZE0K7xc but it still plays back smooth as fuck

This one youtube.com/watch?v=HBrpGpKeEvw drops 80% and lags like fuck, similar to the Rossmann video :/

I'm confused now

sorry it was literally just on the front page I'm looking for examples

Start using an OS actually optimized for multimedia like Windows.

>arch
>qutebrowser
>2xspeed
>x220 w/ i5-2520m
lol

>3 year old phone
>can play 1080p60 youtube smoothly
>same video on 3 year old laptop with much more powerful hardware
>lags like shit

why?

hardware acceleration

my laptop is completely updated, using 64 bit software, no bloatware, latest drivers, etc

try opening it with vlc
or mpv, preferrably

Try to play the same video on your phone but on your PC screen

what do you mean?

It's easy to play something smoothly on a tiny screen

phone resolution:
1440x2560
laptop resolution:
1366x720

Trick is to use MP4 instead of garbage VP9 stream.

1080p, only 2 frames dropped.

I don't want to have to download each video before I play it

You don't need to. You can stream them directly through a media player, just like you stream them through your web browser's inbuilt player.

How do I change this?

Just be like "vlc youtube.com/watch?v=d4nkm3m35"

open with extension

>Trick is to use MP4 instead of garbage VP9 stream.

Garbage? The VP9 stream is substantially higher quality, it's already inherently more efficient than h264, it also gets a 50% higher bitrate. It's the reason new channels look like ass compared to established one, since established channels get priority VP9 conversion.

>Garbage? The VP9 stream is substantially higher quality, it's already inherently more efficient than h264, it also gets a 50% higher bitrate. It's the reason new channels look like ass compared to established one, since established channels get priority VP9 conversion.
No it isn't higher quality. And yes, while there is a 5% bandwidth savings, it's NOT HARDWARE ACCELERATED by anything. That means you computer will use MORE RESOURCES and more ENERGY to render the stream. That will cause you MORE dropped frames and will cost you more electricity/battery juice.

In short, only jewgle shill shitheads prefer VP9.

I imagine it has to do with the TCP protocol and how the internet works as a whole. Frame drops and packet drops are common via any connection for a number of reasons.
Although I'm not sure if youtube takes packets via TCP into the video buffer and then checks that all of the packets have been received or if it uses pure UDP.

Vp9 is higher quality than h264 at the same bitrate. Youtube uses a higher bitrate vp9 than h264, resulting in an even higher quality vp9 stream. In short, you're a fucking retard.

>he watches youtube

>Vp9 is higher quality than h264 at the same bitrate. Youtube uses a higher bitrate vp9 than h264, resulting in an even higher quality vp9 stream. In short, you're a fucking retard.
Shithead, did you even read what I wrote? Print this shit out and take it to your special ed teacher and ask her nicely to explain it to you, you fucking mongoloid.