/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Noctua Edition
Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Gaming builds based on purpose or display resolution / Hz
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>Consider substituting an i5 6500 for an i3 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build
>Consider a B150 mobo for any i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Great" tier build
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL (embed) (embed)

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/gL4VD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/DJLLwV
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126122
pcpartpicker.com/list/p9mCD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/mVdPgL
pcpartpicker.com/user/Hooplah_/saved/2Y8Jxr
pcpartpicker.com/list/KkJWBP
pcpartpicker.com/product/T9Gj4D/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvk
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201085
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820233826
amazon.com/Hitachi-Ultrastar-HUA722020ALA331-Enterprise-Refurbished/dp/B01CM85C0K/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480027007&sr=1-2&keywords=hitachi
amazon.com/dp/B01D4C7Z9Y/ref=twister_B015OTEPGQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128868&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ/?tag=logicaincrem-20
amazon.com/Intel-I5-6600-FC-LGA14C-Processor-BX80662I56600/dp/B01MCSZLSE/?tag=logicaincrem-20&th=1
amazon.com/Kingston-2133MHz-Non-ECC-Desktop-HX421C14FBK2/dp/B00TY6A1P0/ref=pd_sbs_147_5?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=46BE99WVM5XCNVQAME2F&th=1
amazon.com/ASUS-DDR4-Intel-Motherboard-Z170-P/dp/B012VOO3E6/?tag=logicaincrem-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/cgq2bj
pcpartpicker.com/list/xnMYQV
pcpartpicker.com/list/gy9ZzM
pcpartpicker.com/list/QFq2bj
videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce GTX 1060&id=3548
videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce GTX 980&id=2953
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2576vs3639
ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-950-NVMe-PCIe-M2-256GB-vs-Samsung-850-Evo-500GB/m38570vs3477
pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15
pcpartpicker.com/product/c78H99/kingston-memory-hx430c15sb2k216
pcpartpicker.com/list/WcDdr7
youtube.com/watch?v=4d9r6zUyKx8
youtube.com/watch?v=wrfBAGYbtgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who makes the overall best/reliable hard drives guys?

HAY GUYS IS THAT MOTHERBOARD AND CEE PEE YOU COMBO GOOD?!?!?!

pcpartpicker.com/list/gL4VD8
How's this build? I plan to use it for light gaming, drawing, video rending, and web browsing.

Is there anyway I can improve it while retaining a similar price?

How much cheaper can I get the PC if I shop during BF vs. next month? Is it worth hunting the deals?

Why not a 1060?

Are AIO watercooled GPU's worth it?
I like the temps, but not the risk of something leaking inside my PC.

I'm mounting a Corsair H100i GTX into the top of a Corsair Obsidian 750D case. There are washers included, which are supposed to mount into the case, but the rubber stands present in the case are preventing me from securing the top screws.If I mount without the screws, the rubber squishes in a way that makes me uncomfortable. Is this still a correct mounting? Pic related.
Also, do I want the fans blowing air to the radiator or to the inside of the case?

Me personally, I've saved almost a hundred dollars buying now compared to if I were to have just assembled earlier in the month or last month. If you're fixing to save, now is the time. Keep your eyes open towards many retailers to find the items you want; Just today, I saw that Micro Center had the CPU I purchased for about $40 less than what I paid for.

Don't have the money

With the build I posted I'd only have like $30 leftover in my budget

Is there any point in getting a 8 Gb Sapphire Nitro RX480 over the 4 Gb one if I just play in 1080p? Most intensive games I play are probably Witcher 3 and the new Hitman.

Planning to build first PC next month and would appreciate any feedback on
the parts I have in mind.

pcpartpicker.com/list/DJLLwV

This would be for mostly 1080p@60hz gaming on newer titles, along with a few MMOs
like WoW or FFXIV.

My budget is around $800-850.

How does Sup Forums feel about ASUS cards. I was thinking about picking this card up:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126122

For 1080 no. For 1440 yes.

to piggyback off of this question. Is the only reason to pick up a 8GB rx480 for the resolution? It doesn't add to the future proof of the card?

What brands for that card are good? There were two of them but I don't remember what people were suggesting. Sapphire and Asus??

My budget is 600€, is this any decent?

Gaming @ 1080/1440-60hz

pcpartpicker.com/list/p9mCD8

Good to go for Friday?

HGST

Compare to used. You could get an 8350+mobo+RAM for a lot less

240GB SSD
RX 470; 1050Ti is for prebuilts

Save another $60

I'd say no; a few games will have ultra texture options that req more than 4GB but the card is kinda weak for that anyway

Drop to B150 mobo or get 3000MHz RAM if you keep the Z170

Drop to i3 6100
240GB SSD
Get aftermarket cooler / factory OC gfx card

Looks good but you need a nice monitor

I have a decent 1440 monitor already, basically replacing a 7 year old computer

Can you give some advice on this?

pcpartpicker.com/list/mVdPgL

How's it lookin?

And before you mention graphics card, I know. I intentionally didn't put one in because I'm not planning on doing anything graphic intensive with this and figured I'll just buy the GPU whenever it gets to my desired price point...

I need a new HDD

Amazon has a bunch of 1TB ones for $50, hopefully they'll get cheaper tomorrow

Any recommendations?

Bump

>have this junk
>Can't improve it so gotta invest
>yuropoor
I wish our cyber Monday offers won't be as shitty as Black Friday's.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Hooplah_/saved/2Y8Jxr
Looking to play all current triple A games at ultra, with reasonable fps.

pcpartpicker.com/list/KkJWBP

Alright, I'm about to pull the trigger on this. Anything I need to worry about if I do? Any changes I should make?

I'd swap out the memory for a G.Skill Ripjaws 3200. It's $5 more but you get a higher speed.

pcpartpicker.com/product/T9Gj4D/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvk

>laptop with a quad core processor
>$198
That must be one of those Atom-based Celerons.

is it safe to purchase a 1060?

I understand the 1070 and 1080 had some heating issues that was supposedly addressed with free thermal pads / bios update but can't seem to find anything regarding the 1060 even though they are included in the list of models potentially affected.

Oh great Wizards of the Tech Machines, I have come to ask ye of helpe.

There are two hard drives, two hard drives of different types, that I'll be putting in a MSA60 NAS storage. I plan to purchase several of these drives.

I had planned to purchase the WD 8TB Red NAS drive, which costs 310 USD.
However, a challenger has appeared:

The Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS hard drive, which now costs 260 USD.

The Seagate sports a higher internal buffer of 256MB vs the WD's 128, and the Seagate has a RPM of 7200 while the WD has a RPM of 5400.

Is the Seagate just THAT much better of a deal, Sup Forums?

Hey! I'm looking to upgrade my CPU for gaming. Is there any reason that I shouldn't get a Xeon 6/8 core over one of the i5/i7s on logical increments?

The xeons are significantly cheaper while having better CPUmark scores (albeit slightly lower single-thread scores)

>albeit slightly lower single-thread scores

That's why.
Lot of games nowdays do single core shit instead of multicore.
So a CPU with 4 strong cores is better than 8 weak ones.

Did I fuck up? I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my $$$. t. almostpoorfag

(Keyboard) newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201085
(PSU) newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
(RAM) newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820233826
(HDD) amazon.com/Hitachi-Ultrastar-HUA722020ALA331-Enterprise-Refurbished/dp/B01CM85C0K/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480027007&sr=1-2&keywords=hitachi
(CPU) amazon.com/dp/B01D4C7Z9Y/ref=twister_B015OTEPGQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
(Mobo) newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128868&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
(Monitor) amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ/?tag=logicaincrem-20

>hurr POST A LIST
t. no standardized website

Are you serious with this shit?
This has to be troll.

Thinking about picking up another WD Blue WD10EZEX. Already have one which is usually 75% full, but with a lot of useless shit. Is WD still good? And is 1TB enough? Just want some headroom so I don't need to always keep cleaning downloads and shit.

Thanks for the comment, I reconsidered it and changed it some. I still need advice. I am VERY new to this, and am basing a lot of my choices off of what I see on LogicalIncrements, PCPartPicker, Amazon, and NewEgg.

(CPU) amazon.com/Intel-I5-6600-FC-LGA14C-Processor-BX80662I56600/dp/B01MCSZLSE/?tag=logicaincrem-20&th=1
(RAM) amazon.com/Kingston-2133MHz-Non-ECC-Desktop-HX421C14FBK2/dp/B00TY6A1P0/ref=pd_sbs_147_5?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=46BE99WVM5XCNVQAME2F&th=1
(Motherboard) amazon.com/ASUS-DDR4-Intel-Motherboard-Z170-P/dp/B012VOO3E6/?tag=logicaincrem-20

I still think youre trolling but you need an SSD. Also if you want to play games you need a gpu.

>Check to see if there's any deals on z170s
>Asus' has like 8 versions of the damn thing

Yeesh
Aside from one using ddr3 instead of ddr4 and form factors, I haven't looked too much into anything else that could be different.

I'm not trolling, I am FOR REAL this new.
I don't really care that much about write and read speeds. My concern is storage, and as far as I know, HGST/Hitachi is the most reliable.
I do gayme, but only because my friends do, it's not really an important part of my life. I'm on the fence buy thinking about trading the CPU even further for something with "nice" price:performance, perhaps a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480. I try not to go over $650 in total price for everything but peripherals.
Maybe I would downgrade to an i3 6300 for ~$155?
I did the math for the parts, and trading for an i3 6300 + RX 480 would run me $642. Not sure if the i3 6300 would be worth it.

Clarification: I gayme frequently, but I may stop at some random time. My life would hardly be affected if I don't have a GPU.

you know you can make a custom parts on PCPartpicker manually, right?

>his build
pcpartpicker.com/list/cgq2bj
Anyway, lets tear this apart step by step.

>CPU and CPU cooler.
CPU is alright, Cooler is good, that's nice.
what isn't nice is the fact that the bundle costs more than the two items separate.
>327.97 > 319.87

>Mobo
You buy a processor-

>thread updates.

Alright lets change it up some.
>CPU+Cooler
Same problem again.
>RAM
Too slow, need 3000MHz for Z170/overclocking.
>Mobo
Eh, could be cheaper.

You know what, fuck it.
I'm tired of putting your links and searching shit up, here have a build.
pcpartpicker.com/list/xnMYQV

And it's too much, here's another one that's cheaper.

pcpartpicker.com/list/gy9ZzM

If you're this new, tell me how much time you've spent doing research?

Also,
>i3-6300
It's just a 0.2 GHz upgrade for a stupid price from a 6100, get the 6100 and a 470(144 right now, overclocked version of the card I have, works fine, check links above).

So I'm looking to get a full upgrade, but want to see how worth it it will be at this time.
Currently I'm running an i5-4460, 16 gigabytes of ram, and CPU graphics. Am I better off doing a 6500K build from scratch, or just putting a new GPU and PSU in my current setup? Will my 4460 be relevant for much longer, with the somewhat recent addition of the 6800K and upward?

Alright, alright.

I've calmed down a bit, was really ticked earlier.
But-
>Post purpose of build
>Post budget
>Read sticky
>Do some research
>Make build
>THEN post it.

pcpartpicker.com/list/QFq2bj

Also, if you can tolerate an i3-6100, by all means, go with this.

If storage is your thing, 120 for OS, 2TB for whatever you have.

Mobo is Z170 with 3000MHz Ram in the case you decide to upgrade to an Intel K CPU that can overclock, as all non-K CPUs are locked, along with all non-Z170 Mobos.
No -K suffix at the end, no overclocking(only in really rare cases, while back there was something going on with manufacturers releasing shit that could do that before intel patched it.)

>6500K
You mean 6600K
>i5-4460.
Keep it, just see if you can get faster RAM or so.

Depending on what your motherboard allows, you can have 2133MHz DDR3 Ram which works nicely in your case.

>6800K
Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Just get a GPU/PSU and upgrade when intel's prices drop when AMD rolls out ZEN.

List the two GPUs, then we'll have a better idea of what you're talking about.

I started researching a few hours ago. Very new.

Also, no, thank you for telling me. No more of this awful linking shit.

(The above text is old, I have been distracted some)

Fuck me, I glanced over what was said on OP.

Needed advice: What do I look for in a motherboard besides ports?

*And the pin configuration for the CPU; I mean BGA, LGA, etc.

Check reviews, brand names, etc.
If there's a lot of bad shit going on with them, like DOA, unuseable interface, etc. drop it.

Make sure you have the correct form factor for the case you are using.
Micro ATX inside of an ATX case can work, but it looks silly as hell.

Even more so with Mini-ITX which is even smaller.

if you're not too strapped/want to save physical space on the PC, M.2 Drives like the one I posted earlier require an M.2 port on the mobo. Make sure it has that if you really need it.

Check how many PCIe x16 slots it has if you need multiple GPUs, etc.

partpicker will limit you to the socket for whatever CPU you chose, but as for chipsets, the info on them is in the sticky.

Also, stay away from mobo's that use DDR3 RAM with Skylake processors(6th generation intel processors, i3/i5/i7 - 6X00).

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce GTX 1060&id=3548

vs.

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce GTX 980&id=2953

I don't get how the second one is more expensive and performs better (according to G3Dmark) while having 2gb lower memory, and lower core and memory clock speeds...

Thank you!
Why should I avoid DDR3 RAM with Skylake? Do these bottleneck?

Any advice on this?

Question how much is that in Noctua fans roughly.

>Should i upgrade my 980ti to 1080 or
>wait for a 1080ti or
>buy a HTC vive?

My friend gave me a used hard drive can, I use it without consequences?

EVGA 450B or EVGA 500W?

Lemme explain.

10-60.
10th generation, 3rd card in the line up of that generation
1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, etc.

So 9th generation, best card in the line up of that generation as well.

Best way to compare-
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2576vs3639

No, DDR3 is slower. starts out at 1333 MHz, then can branch up to 2133MHz, but DDR4 STARTS at 2133MHz and can branch farther.

>CPU
Fine
>Cooler.
Better look up reviews on that thing man, I think I did once and I wasn't sure what to make of it. Check all the sites.
>Mobo
95 for one with wifi, works out.
>RAM
Works out
>Storage
950 Pro, woah, what the fuck.
I mean, that's pretty fucking high end, but I'd stick with an 850 EVO at 500 GBs at the same price or so if I had the chance. M.2 form included as well.

And the 3TB HDD, look up reviews on that as well, Western digital and Hitatchi are my Go to for that kind of stuff.

>Case
Don't know too much about corsair, but I'd look up reviews and go with it.
>PSU
Not bad, seasonic. Though go for 750w if you're going to get a GPU.

wait for 1080ti

Yeah, just format the HDD, and make sure not to tilt it around while it's operating/shaking or moving it.

Especially the shaking part even when it's off, did that with an old HDD and got the clicking noise of death. Then again, it WAS a seagate.

500w
You always want room for expansion.
I have the 450w and have to buy a new PSU if I want to upgrade my videocard.

But one is bronze and the other isn't.

Would a 2TB WD Blue be sufficient as a drive for music, movies, and general storage? I won't be booting my OS or playing any games off of this particular drive and I'm not sure if spending the extra cash on a 2TB Black would really be worth it.

Also, from what I understand 2TB Blues are actually just rebranded Greens, is that a bad thing?

Thanks. This has been a nice learning experience.
t. half awake

They made the head parking less aggressive for less wear, but it's still there. Go for it if it's the cheapest 2TB drive you can get your hands on. Seagate 2TBs are cheaper and equally reliable, contrary to outdated information. The newer WD Blues have a higher fail rate than before, about on par with the older WD Green (I wonder why).

Thanks man.

Isn't the 950 NVMe but not the 850? How much performance hit would be using 850? I might as well go with a Intel 600p or Sandisk...

They seem okay. I see alot of peoplpe getting Zotac and EVGA 1060's.

The 80+ bronze, gold, etc are just indicators on how much power is saved when you pull power from the wall.

So if you get a 75% efficient PSU, and your PC pulls 250w, it's pulling 333w out of the wall actually.

The higher it gets, the higher the effieciency, etc.

For the most part, it doesn't make that big of a difference on your electricity bill, something like 20 bucks a year, I might be wrong so if someone could correct me on that, I'd appreciate it.

Userbenchmarks is your friend.
ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-950-NVMe-PCIe-M2-256GB-vs-Samsung-850-Evo-500GB/m38570vs3477

But I'm really curious, what are you putting on that SSD other then the OS?

Is there any real difference between RAM brands?

pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15
pcpartpicker.com/product/c78H99/kingston-memory-hx430c15sb2k216

I'm trying to pick between these two brands and even though their specs are the same they're priced totally differently. What's the difference? I want to save money, but I don't want to get fucked over.

No, not really.

If you ask me, I think it's just the economy being weird again.

the cards are good, but the customer service is pretty bad. I've heard the warranties aren't great either. The price is right on that one, especially with the rebate.
Just know what RMA'ing it or a need for customer support might be a giant pain in the ass.

Just did a motherboard change in a Define S case and I realized the motherboard standoff screws are stripped. Well not the screws but the holes. Anyone has suggestions?

pcpartpicker.com/list/WcDdr7
Is this fine?

just bought a graphics card. my rig is now complete

what do you guys think about my budget gaming build?

i3-6100 - $100
h100 - $40
>micro center deal if you buy cpu+mobo combo they take off $30
8gb ram - $40
1tb hdd - $40
120gb ssd - $40
gtx 1050 ti - $135
bronze 500w evga - $45
corsair 88r case - $40

23 inch acer 1080p - $80
amazon basics mouse keyboard combo - $15
amazon basics speakers - $12.50

the gpu should be here in a day or two. its my first build and im pretty stoked

You did a good job shopping. You might crave a cpu upgrade in the future, but your board will support Kaby Lake so it's all good.
In the mean time, fix those cables, Jesus.

Spot on budget build, good job user!!

Thanks. Welp, that benchmarks bring me back on the 950.

On that SSD, there will probably be OS, and probably iOS and Android app sources that I'm working on, so I won't need the performance increase, per se, but still there like a 90% increase in 950...

lol i just dont know what to do with them. i tried making them look a little better but im just not that good :|

Well before you buy it, DO watch this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=4d9r6zUyKx8
It's a bit long, but there's a part he does talk about the performance of an SSD.

Plastic.
Cable.
Tie.
EVERYTHING.

youtube.com/watch?v=wrfBAGYbtgI

Noob here

How do you order all your parts? All from newegg? Amazon? Combo depending on deals?

>PowerColor Radeon R7 370, 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5

>CORSAIR VS Series VS600 (600W Power Supply)

>Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

>Crucial MX300 750GB SSD SATA

About $390 to upgrade my PC, I'm broke 24/7 so this was my one shot at getting a good system. Motherboard and CPU are good, just everything else was a bottleneck.

Did I do good for a budget upgrade?

>6600k for $177
wew, but who actually goes to stores to shop?

That's EVGA only that is making shitty incomplete coolers
But the 1060 tends to run hot in general, make sure there's at least two fans on your cooler

That gpu is pretty weak sauce but if you need 700gigs of ssd i dont think you can do anything

>plug the 8-pin cpu cable in first, then plug it in to the PSU.
Holy shit why did I never think of this? I've already built 3-4 systems with modular units and always plugged into the psu first.

Xeons have tons of cores but pathetic IPC and single core performance
Games rarely use more than two cores, DX11 can't even utilize over 4 threads (DX12 seems to top out at 6 cores) it's still up to game devs to make multicore processing run well anyways, and they aren't doing a good job
Get one of the simple streamlined quad cores with insane single thread performance (basically the whole core line)

nice little vid

im gunna browse for a bit tonight and ill get on it sometime tomorrow

>PowerColor Radeon R7 370
wouldn't a gtx 1050 perform better? Or shit, at that point try to find a used Gtx 960 or something.

1070 at $370 or wait for Vega

are noctua fans a meme?

Any decent recs on a cooler (liquid or not dont care) for a 6300? The stock cooler has been hell for the past year and I wanna take advantage of these sales while I can.

Ironically that picture shows some of the best GPU cooling you can do this side of watercooling.

I ripped off the shroud and fans off an ASUS DirectCUII and ghettorigged some cheap 120mm case fans (Alpenföhns) directly onto the heat sink. Went from being the loudest GPU I've ever known to the quietest I've ever known.

Wait until computers are obsolete, that's how to get the absolute best price to performance

my buddy has one and theyre really nice and quiet. but for the price you might as well hop onto water cooling

thats just my opinion

Hyper 212 evo or other $20 equivalent

I'm planning on buying better hardware when I have more money, which will take forever cause I'm on a college budget.

Yeah, but I think it can at least run games at medium-high quality, as long as textures look good and I'm getting 60 FPS then I can't complain. Again poor orphan boi who has to afford a $89 GPU.

They're fans, they spin just like other fans, and move air just like other fans, they just cost $25 a fan.

go to pcpartpicker.com and research shops that aren't in the site.

I am trying to get to my laptop's CPU to put Thermal Paste on it, and was doing fine until these things. How do I remove these things conveniently and safely? It has little straps on the wires but one they aren't attached to the jack itself so all the force is going against the wires, and two they lack the adhesive to sit still. The videos I watched show them pulling on the wires to remove it, but that makes me scream inside and I'm pretty sure I'll tear the wires out sooner than the jack. The last one I did took 10 minutes of fingernail digging, which I can't afford here because of all the junk next to it.

Picture may not be upright because phones are weird.

I want to change my 10 years old Lian-li case
What's better between the nzxt S340 and the corsair 400C?
or anything better in the $130 price range

seriously, just try looking for some used gpu's. the 370 is pretty damn weak.

1070 is essentially midrange chip and will be very obsolete in a year. wait.

A 370 with new games might not be able to hold up at high settings, definitely not 60fps at high
The 1050 might be better for $100, I haven't looked much into it though

So any noise issues with these since they're not liquid? Wanna make sure I'm not buying another vacuum by mistake.

At what resolution?
I don't think there's enough gimping in the world to bring a 1070 below 60fps at 1080p