State of Hackintosh

>no support for Nvidia Pascal
>no support for AMD Polaris
>terrible support for R9 300-series (won't turn on after sleep, no support for dual display, need a bunch of tweaks to even get the GPU to work with a single screen)

Is Hackintoshing no longer worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

opensource.apple.com/release/os-x-1012.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It never was. Now die.

is this the new hackintosh thread?

>tfw want to dual boot Sierra on my desktop
>tfw GTX 1070
JUST

>tfw own Mac
feels good

Stockholm syndrome is a hell of a drug.

im trying to get Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5.dmg working in virtualbox on ubuntu. how do i check to see if the .dmg will even work?

>Mountain Lion
why

t400, to see if it can. I'm going to get a T420 to put a newer version on, but this is to tinker.

Got a 280x here. In order for it to work well with everything I have to disable injecting framebuffers so my machine won't identify exactly which GPU it is. But multimonitor only works that way.

Sleep doesn't work either. That hasn't stopped me.

>Want to install PoS Proprietary AF OS on non-Proprietary hardware
>Whine when it doesn't work

You cucks are something special, ain't ya?
Who the fuck cares if it doesn't support the latest GPUs. WTF games are you trying to play in OSX? Or what the fuck are you trying to do? Not like FCP is worth a shit anymore after FCPX. And just rent/run a virtual instance for Apple dev if you want to do that to yourself for some reason.

Just use the integrated intel HD graphics.
They run better anyway.

Installing a fruity toddler toy facebook OS on real computer hardware was never worth it.

ok i got a .DMG of sierra, how do i get it to run in a VM so i can install to usb drive to install it on my thinkpad?

very carefully haha

>literally everything about OSX is open source, except for Finder
>still cries

>t. mactoddler

U fucking piece of shit, this is the first time I'm actually replying to your shit "Is this the new desktop thread?" question. I've always held myself back but now I just can't handle it anymore. You're a fucking piece of shit and should seriously kill yourself because NO, this isn't the new desktop thread and NO, THE DESKTOP THREADS ARE OFF Sup Forums BY NOW YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT. You're even pretending to be fucking female even tho you probably have a dick, please kill yourself already, you have a serious mental disorder, nobody can help you and your pedophilia anime fetish. SO FUCK OFF, YOU'RE PISSING OFF EVERYONE HERE AT Sup Forums. I WISH THE MODS BANNED YOU OR THAT YOUR FUCKING TRASH PC FILLED WITH ANIME PEDOPHILIA DIES ALREADY. Please don't every try to reproduce either with a male or female you fucking imbecile. You seriously make me so mad every time you post over here you fucking mentally challenged neckbeard. I hope you're aware of how everybody hates you over here and how much of a moron you are, you fucking cuntbag. You probably still live in your mother's basement and I hope you fucking know how much of a dissapointment you are to your parents and how much you should be ashamed of yourself and your stupid question and riced weeaboo desktop. So fuck off and never come back cause I will find you and when I do, I will wipe your stupid hard drive and all shit that's on it and I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong or make you kill yourself so you'll finally end this stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF ALREADY. KILL YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING, JUST DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING SLICE YOUR THROAT YOU FUCKING UGLY ASS PEDOPHILE! THIS ISNT THE NEW FUCKING DESKTOP THREAD FUCK OFF THERE ARENT ANY DESKTOP THREADS, STOP POSTING ALREADY. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF!!!

I use my intel GPU instead since it can't detect my GPU. Sleep doesn't work either.
But I like it so far.

>fagintosh

haha epic post dude

>t. mactoddler

>he fell for the "mac os is a good operating system" meme
wew lad

How the fuck do I create a bootable USB to install this shit without owning a Mac or knowing anyone who does? Running a VM asks me to buy it, and some "custom builds" are on sketchy as fuck forums.

>t. mactoddler

>Running a VM asks me to buy it

Buy OSX? It's free on the app store.
Buy VMWare Workstation Pro? Just pirate it.

>Buy OSX? It's free on the app store.
I remember running it on a VM and when I logged in with my ID and went to the Sierra app on the App Store, it asked me to put a credit card in to buy it.

you do need a credit card linked to the account but it's a free download, it won't charge you anything

I'll try it again, but if I recall correctly, even logging in with the account I use on my iPad still showed a "Buy" button. Still, if it's $20 I might try it just for the sake of it.

>t. mactoddler

so, can i burn the .dmg to a usb drive, using dmg2img, and have it bootable?

Well, it worked this time. Not sure if it had anything to do with using Sierra instead of El Capitan, but I managed to download it and make a bootable USB through Unibeast without even having to log in. Can I now just boot it and install to a fresh SSD? Do I need to do anything extra to get it to dual boot with Windows 10?

>Something is broken on Hackintosh
Wow nobody saw that coming, deal with it like the rest of us.

it was never worth it. It was like running Windows on an Android tablet. It's fun, once it's running you just clean the drive and move to better things.
I still can't believe people would use a crippled OSX on good decent hardware as a main OS.

>Is Hackintoshing no longer worth it?
it never was.

OP, just try macOS on a VM. I
f you don't throw up in the first 5 minutes of using it, congratulations, you are oficially a faggot

Hackintosh was always for hobbyists. It's not good enough to work for people that actually need OSX, it's not as good as simply using Windows or Linux.

Nobody that ever seriously worked on macs used hackintosh. It's completely retarded. Macs are overpriced but they're not THAT overpriced and they're nice computers, trying to save a few bucks hackintoshing as a professional is retarded.

Would a hackintosh run good on a
i5-2400 and a 7970?

kek this is copypasta now

ok so i have sierra in a VM what else do i need to do in order to hackintosh?

hardware support was never the strong side of hackintosh

I used hackintosh on my x220 recently, it ran absolutely flawlessly, like a real thing. I dropped it later because it was too difficult to get used to it, but if i'd like OSX, i'd surely stick with my flawless hackintosh system.

also
>professionals
you can also use osx for everyday shitposting, you know. it's good consumer OS, looks nice, works well.

Am I witnessing the birth of a hot new pasta

This

This

If this is fresh OC then I rate it 5/7 would copypasta again

Poolaris support should be coming fairly soon now that the MacBook Pro offers Poolaris GPUs and the new iMacs should in the first half of 2017.

If you really want to run macOS at all just buy a Mac, you're wasting your time waiting around. I really only like macOS on laptop anyway.

Are hackintoshs ok for coding for the enviornment? Like swift n shit

dood
don' be so mad
nice fresh coopypasta tho, heres an anime girl as a reward. nonon is a qt

Wut? You probably just need to wait for the support then, which is gonna take a while.
I don't plan to upgrade from my GTX 770, so everything werks™ desu.
The best most advanced OS in the world™.
I don't even boot into my windows ssd anymore.

Everything except the works on my hackintosh. I don't even boot into my windows partition anymore since I don't play Rocket League as much anyway. I should delete it

except the GPU

Yes, even though I have a MBP, I wanted to start programming on my new desktop build instead and windows goddamn sucks for programming.

here's a dick as reward

Aqua DE ported to Linux when

mac OS is no longer worth it. just install linux with gnome 3.22, and install nice icons and a good theme. mac OS irrelevant.

>gnome 3.22

isn't sierra open source now?

what awful thing would you recommend otherwise user?

Aqua

opensource.apple.com/release/os-x-1012.html

the GUI stuff isn't open, everything else is

so no Aqua for you, linux shitter

>tfw GPU passthrough
>rx 480 boots fine but no hardware accel

I don't want to risk to dual boot. Feels bad man.

>using macOS without hardware acceleration

>what is reading comprehension

macOS is a toy now, it's no longer worth using at all.
Tiger to Snow Leopard where the ones that where actually worth using, on a PC or Mac.

New versions of macOS don't even support RAID anymore, what kind of joke is that?

Hackintoshtards are just in denial about wanting to switch to Ganoo Lonux. They eventually all will, just a matter of time.

Windows is slowly turning to shit, and Linux has bad support for music production if you use VST. If VST worked on Linux, I would be on Linux.

one day

Sierra is a nightmare for actual macs too.
It has broken every single piece of software I've wrote that uses CUDA.