Shy otaku girl here. I'm currently studying Medicine, but I want to switch to Computer Science, my true passion...

Shy otaku girl here. I'm currently studying Medicine, but I want to switch to Computer Science, my true passion. How hard is Computer Science compared to Medicine?

me on the left

Not

Compared to medicine, where you often follow pre-existing procedures, you need to think about your own in CS, but if you've got the slightest logical reasoning you should be fine, medicine is way harder than cs

dont

Just like any other field, it's easy as long as you do the damn coursework

>Shy Otaku girl here.
Nobody cares, you dumb fucking newfag. (Unless you're a trap; if you're a trap, we only care if you post your boipussy.)

My unironic advice though: Don't major in computer science. Just do it as a hobby. You'll hate any job other than front-end web development. That's not a strike at you being a female, it's just that every other job is fucking painful because everyone else is an objective idiot, where as in front-end web development, everyone is only a subjective idiot.

Computer science is slightly harder if you're not creative, slightly easier if you are creative.

Tits or gtfo

In medicine you have to learn everything, in cs you have to understand things. There are stuff to learn of course like algorithme and ho some things works to be able to understand what you're doing but in general it's easy.

Why would you say medicine is harder then? My brother's wife is a doctor, senior physician in a hospital by now, and a complete retard. Like, not a meme retard, but actually dumb as fuck. Studying medicine is 99% of memorizing shit, the only thing you really need is enough self-discipline to see it through to the end.

Not him but you said it. You have to learn everything which is annoying. In CS you just have to learn a few things and then you can easily find out everything else, and a lot of things are learned by practicing a lot rather than spending time on books.
I think something important in cs is also to learn by yourself and practice in your free time. But it's not needed

Well to be honest, the math involved with CS made me drop out and become a codemonkey. I just can't wrap my head around stuff like proving theorems, couldn't do that in highschool either. So I imagine a course which consists almost exclusively of memorizing shit would be much easier, at least for people like me.

>How hard is Computer Science compared to Medicine?
About 3.5

enjoy CS as a hobby and major in medicine

Medicine is mostly the ability to learn shit by heart and spend all your time studying. CS is mostly the ability to understand abstract thinking

That said, there are two approaches to CS (and anything, in general): There are those who are successful because they study hard and those who are successful because of an innate understanding.

If you're in the latter group, CS will be smooth-sailing for you. If you're in the former group, I guess you won't notice much difference.

But programming and theorem proving are basically the same thing. Theorem proving is nothing but “programming” / engineering a solution by fitting together the pieces given to you.

That's why I scoff at people who say they like programming but hate proving theorems, they're probably shit programmers who think programming is copy pasting fragments off stack overflow instead of actually solving problems.

>we only care if you post your boipussy.)
contrary to popular belief, no we don't want to see your dirty poo hole.

Why not stick in this current thread and stop asking same things?

This. The standard library is basically a set of axioms; other libraries are theorems; and functions and procedures are lemmas. All are combined logically for the purpose of arriving at a desired output, or the statement to be proven. It really baffles me how anyone in CS can find proving hard considering the tools are so similar. Even front end code monkeys have no excuse.

It gets even more obvious when you start entering functional programming which does away with the complicated imperative abstractions and reduces programming down to pure combinatorics, pattern matching and equivalence relationships - which is basically the same thing as theorem proving.

Questions of the form “implement a function with the following type signature” and “prove the following statement” are basically equivalent, which is actually a proven mathematical fact (curry-howard isomorphism)

What's you paypal info?

I want to send you $40

Why are you making fun of my thread? I was asking a genuine question.

>This. The standard library is basically a set of axioms;
I think a closer analogy would be to say that the underlying language constructs (loops/functions/classes/statements) map to basic axioms, although stuff like I/O capability is also axiomatic in nature so the standard library has to be considered part of it to at least some extent.

Still, it gets more obvious in something like functional programming where your axioms are the basic syntactical forms (abstraction, application, pattern matching, construction) and virtually all of the standard library is written in the language itself (e.g. Haskell).

At that point you basically have the exact same sort of structure that you do in axiomatic logic, upon which proofs are based - except instead instead of proofs you're constructing programs in your universe.

as someone who is getting his doctorate in pharmacy/pharmacology

i think overall the science community views itself in two different disciplines, applied sciences and stamp collecting

applied sciences can be seen as mathematics, chemistry, physics where you can deliberately see and use your knowledge in everyday real life scenarios to solve things

stamp collecting is more or less biology and other similar fields where you can go 'i know this tidbit of information, here is my stamp for this' and show your stamp collection to everyone else

all-in-all, nearing the end of my education I do wish starting all over again I would have just went for IA/CS/CE because I'm not a brute memorizer and I do end up spending all my time not in class on my computer wishing I was actually productive or doing something hands on with my learning/field. I can't practice studying drugs, chemicals, or interactions hands-on without being in a supervised lab or without a preceptor whereas you're free to study or apply yourself programming-wise whenever.

it really depends if you're comfortable with problem-solving and being meticulous rather than being able to see an incident and pull vast libraries of knowledge out to try and solve something that can't necessarily be outright solved immediately. i failed engineering physics more than once because the class for me never clicked. i could never figure out what speed the train was going to see the rain fall at a 33 degree angle but if you give me symptoms and a blood metabolite panel I could tell you why the patient feels weak and what they need to take.

if you're after money, don't do anything health professions related unless you want to own your own business. know a dude who got his b.s. in IA in 3 years and is making ~125k/yr starting salary in MD. I'll probably make 120k/yr with minimal wiggle room unless I want to own my own pharmacy and it's taken me 10 years to get.

tl;dr do it and save the heartache of never knowing.

RAWR XD

And why are you posting two threads at the same time?

You earn more being a doctor. Period.
Keep tech as your hobby, otherwise you may very well earn less and grow to hate tech.

>tfw can't get a job with my ccent/ccna so I got a job as a pharmacist after a week of studying

ezpz

maybe she is a girl but shes a little dumb and cute

>Shy otaku girl here
You're not doing medicine then
Get the fuck out

Why did you feel you needed say you're a girl? I got nothing to do with the question.

Stupid bitch