Running a 0.5 Watt speaker at 3 Watts?

What will happen if I power a small 0.5 Watt speaker with 3 Watts? Do you think it can handle it or will it blow up?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xy769VmRxDM
youtube.com/watch?v=eSUyPnE4OhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will clip at volumes louder than the speaker is designed to handle

depends

Just try it out, you stupid piece of shit

I'm just wondering what will happen. It takes like a month for this stuff to come from China. So I can't test until it gets here.

What is the voltage of source and what voltage should the small speaker work with?
tldr connect with resistor if different voltage.

Maybe

blackhole. hope you're happy.

Depends on how often it's used, the quality of the speaker itself, how clean the signal is and how hot it gets.

I've been running a 250w sub off 400wrms for a few years now and because it's a rockford fosgate running with no clipping in the signal and a decent box with a big port so the motor gets decent airflow, i've had no problems.

Do the same with a chinkshit 250w sub in a sealed box and allowing 2-3% distortion, though, and it'll be dead in days.

the coil will overheat and warp, ruining the sound forever

What if he connects 10 ohm resistor inline?

This is what I ended up doing. I ordered a bunch of variable resistors. That way I can hook it up and if its too loud I will just decrease the voltage.

You can connect whatever the fuck you want but once the signal starts clipping the speaker will be damaged.

Probably the speaker will tear apart a membrane.

i'ma tear ur mums membrain

>not accepting the rules of real world
It's safe to use a speaker that has a more power than amplifier. You can use it in the opposite situation but only with lowered volume only

I know that rule senpai

I wouldn't do it senpai.
However you may attach some more in series or in parallel as long as you match the impedance of your amp.

If your amplifier's output impedance is 4ohms lets say, you probably can connect 4 1ohms speakers in series. If you have two 8ohm speakers, you can connect them in parallel to get 4ohms. If the speakers are equal you'll spread the power evenly.

>Watts
What happens if I run a 1 Watt LED at 5 Watts?
What happens if I connect a 1 Watt LED to a 5 Watt power supply?

should be a chunky ceramic resistor though

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xy769VmRxDM

kek

my favorite is

youtube.com/watch?v=eSUyPnE4OhI though