Ok so I'm new to the whole graphics card game, and I'm looking for a decent card for around $100...

Ok so I'm new to the whole graphics card game, and I'm looking for a decent card for around $100. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a GeForce GTX 750ti SC. There are some deals online right now where you cna get one for about $90-$100. Should I get one Sup Forums, or is there a better alternative for the price?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500412
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129324
twitter.com/AnonBabble

neither
even a rx 460 is better at the same price

get a gtx 1050ti or rx470 (preferably)

Black friday is on. You can get stuff for cheaper. See

got links to the exact deals you're looking at?

you'd be hobbling yourself by buying a card three generations out of date

GTX 1050

Search for them. Here are a few.

lolz. It has the same exact form factor and its clocked a few hundred MHz higher...its...so..tiny lol

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500412

>the 750ti meme still exists

>member when 1GB was good?

Hey i bought that Zotac 1050 TI mini for my laptop.

>tfw the shipping fees bumped it from $130 to $180

>for my laptop
Que?

ExpressCard eGPU setup.

I was running a 750ti before.

>1050 Ti
>For my Laptop
>Laptop

Ah. How well did it run?

Pretty good and it's been very stable on W7, serves most of my basic needs and the ExpressCard bottleneck is around ~5 fps in FurMark so it's not that big of an issue.

Basically something like this but replace the 950 with a 750ti.

you're a poorfag so you want something that will last as much as possible. That leaves nvidia out. They're good card but you have to buy a new one every year.

Forget about the 750ti, it's on legacy support already. Performance a shit.

Get a powercoror 4gb rx460 or rx470, hopefully 470.

pny gtx 580 enthusiast series 1.5gb on ebay for about $54.

Are visiontech an ok brand? There's a 4gb 460 that small and relatively cheap on newegg.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129324

>OP says they have a budget of $100
>people begin suggesting cards over $100
never change Sup Forums

At least i was on point. Pretty legit deal on for us poorfags.

What I got from this thread:

If you aren't willing to spend over $100 on a graphics card,don't bother.

You can do much better.

AMD RX460 or better yet, RX470 if you can pay a little more. Hell, you may definitely be able to lock something in pretty great for CyberMonday / holiday weekend..

If you're looking to game, this is pretty much it. I mean, you can play something - older games, newer stuff at 1080P on moderate settings etc.. with a GPU around 100 , meaning an AMD RX 460, but you get a pretty big jump up to a RX470. That $140 Asus STRIX RX470 is a fantastic card for the budget and is really worth it. Likewise, there's another big step up to the RX 480 8gb (asus STRIX again is one of the better but any of them are good) in the $200 range . Nvidia cards at this range aren't really worthwhile, price performance wise.

But yeah, gaming on a brand new sub 100 (no sales) card is going to be tough. Pay just a little more though and you can do pretty damn well.

OP here. Thanks, this helped alot. I might just save up for a better card.

at that price point, you ought to be looking at used cards. there really isn't much worthwhile that retails at that price

>470 to 480
>Big step up

OP plz don't listen to this retard

Get the 1050ti Zotac mini or EVGA
Almost same price and massive performance difference

How does the 1050 Ti stack up to the RX470 and 480?

performance difference relative to what?

Worse.

In this case (in the sub $200 category) AMD is the way to go.

There simply are no worthwhile cards that are $100 or less.

$200 is the ideal poorfag GPU budget. You can get a 1060 with that and be set for quite a while

is a gtx970 good for my price range? 280-350

Can't you get a 1070 for that price?

>$200 is the ideal poorfag GPU budget
You don't understand what you're saying.

He's not too far off. My GPU is from 2009 and spending anything less than $150 is going to get me something pretty close to what I have, which is not $150 properly spent.

GTX 1050 Ti

What's the best GPU I can buy for an i5 with 620W?

Price ain't an issue.

1050ti isn't comparable to the rx470 whatsoever. 470 direct competitor to the 1060 3gb. If they're the same price, and your psu will support it. You'd have to be retarded to buy a 1050ti over a 470.

What resolution? You could put literally any gpu in there you want with power to spare.

>What resolution?

1920 × 1200

Where the hell did you find a 145$ 470?

1080, or the 1080Ti when it's out.
Yes, this is the most powerful GPU currently out.
Go nuts.
620W is plenty for any single card.

>1080, or the 1080Ti when it's out.

Cheers, friend.

Btw. Will this be able to run Warhammer Total War well?

Rx 480 8gb or 1060 6gb will do you fine, 1070 will be absolute overkill, but you shouldn't have to worry about replacing it for a while. If money isn't an issue, why not just go ape shit and buy the 1080? Play literally everything 100% maxed out for years to come. Or wait and see what happens with Vega, it's all up to you,user.

It's the most powerful single card on the market.

You're asking if the best racing car on the world will run track x well.

I think it will.

>Btw. Will this be able to run Warhammer Total War well?

>1080
>Total war

Is this nigga for real?