Macbook Pro 2016

Sup Forums is the new Macbook Pro really that bad if you disregard the thunderbolt ports?
Seriously through without using the USB-C meme why would you not buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ibVhqq9Asqw
quora.com/Why-do-most-professional-programmers-prefer-Macs
techradar.com/news/computing/businesses-are-replacing-pcs-with-macs-at-unprecedented-rates-1310885
youtu.be/pbDCq36tLm8
macrumors.com/2016/11/09/new-macbook-pro-has-outsold-all-competitors/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>can't do wifi and usb data transfer at the same time

No right click.

>$700 configuration on a $3000 laptop
>Can't go beyond 16gb of memory
>Nothing is upgradable
>No function keys
>Touchbar gimmick
>Shit keys
>Any inserted USB gimps wifi speed

>this old meme
it's useless but not for this reason, c'mon.

You know you paying a premium for the brand, and it's build quality

Thermal throttling.
Battery life is worse than the old model
Keyboard is shit.

because fuck functionality

>Premium brand
gr8 b8 m8

282 minutes is 4.7 hours

It's really good computer. I've pretty much only been using it for Minecraft and it runs good without any fps drops and the touch bar is really useful because it has your inventory on it

>slower than previous model
>way more expensive

I just don't find ethical to buy one unless you like to be treated as an idiot by Apple. And this coming from a longtime macfag. It's time to stop Tim Cuck

Bought it and loving it. It's so fast, I was actually a little worried but it's incredibly fast.

>dock taking up half the screen
apply yourself

price/performance faggot

I've only bought it yesterday, still playing around with it senpai

how did you justify the price?

I just wanted something that works perfectly. I got a great custom built PC but I cba with all that drivers etc. all the time bs.

#itjustworks

Because the CPU gets to 100C when under load.

>those arrow keys
Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

windows has automatically installs all the drivers

#itjustwerks

user just ignore the pcfags.
It's a great machine, but it is just a little ahead of it's time with it's ports and such.

WiFi stops working if one of the ports is used for external displays :^)

Man I actually love the keyboard, it flows really really nicely (not sure how else to describe it). Makes me want to get into coding stuffs. Download xcode last night.

>Automatically
>Stays awake for 20 minutes after you press shut-down
>"Getting Windows ready" every time you boot up

100% agree on the ports, at least the usb-a to usb-c dongles are cheap af.

>wifi thing not true anymore

Just tried it out in an Apple Store, keyboard is literally unusable

I like it, I like it way better than my mechanical keyboard.

>that bad
It's great. I've been pushing it with my regular use and I've yet to hear the fans once or experience any lag or slow down. The touchbar is underwhelming at the moment but it will become cool over time.

Normally I bash on apple, but I actually like that choice. I hate wasted space on a keyboard. On my Thinkmeme they fill up the space with page back and page forward, and on my Alienmeme they have it as page up and page down. Both are based in my eyes simply because they do something with that space. When a laptop has ALL the arrow keys as the half-size keys, AND leave wasted space, I just don't get the fucking point.

youtu.be/ibVhqq9Asqw

Eh I tried out my sister in law's new 13" mbp with the touch bar. The keyboard seemed weird but I got used to it fast. It's a neat idea, the tactile click/microswitch and force required to actuate seem to be aping a mechanical keyboard, but with no travel. It's kind of like a cheap force-touch. Which makes me realize that they're probably going to make the whole keyboard and touchpad area a giant force touch surface eventually, kinda like that yoga book

those it throttle? how bout battery life?

I understand that. I`m currently in the same boat. I just want something that works perfect out of the box. I`m probably at my 50th distro on my X220 and I always find something that bothers me or an issue that takes forever to solve.

My gf has a unibody Macbook and that thing is just so smooth, never had an issue and just works. Meanwhile I spend my saturday morning trying to configure Ubuntu.

>dat surface book though

Damn. Microsoft is stepping up their game.

It's not quite as bad as some say, but I'm not buying into the 2016 version — if anything I'd wait for accessories to switch over. Also, the price is fucking ridiculous.

As it stands, I'm probably buying a XPS 13 or 15 sometime this coming month.

There's more wasted space around the keys than would have been left if they used half height side arrows keys.
Take your autism elsewhere.

Has anyone tried the keyboard?

Is it as shit as the MacBook's keyboard?

That's the point though. Almost no laptop seems comfortable having all the keys be half-height. They always do the 2xHalf + 2 Full BS, or the wasted space way.

It's better. I love it.

It's actually really good. Makes you feel Pro™

It's way too noisy.

It isn't any louder than the 2015 rMBP once you use it for a while and realize you don't have to slap the keys so hard. I have the 15 and 16 and compared.

>without using the USB-C meme why would you not buy it?

OSX
overpriced

Why would i want this?

Tell me another 13" laptop that has a skylake 28w tdp processor

Not anymore

MacOS™ is great. There is a reason most professionals use it bud

>the dick is larger but that's OK since my ass is looser now

> There is a reason most professionals use it bud

Anecdotes are not facts.

quora.com/Why-do-most-professional-programmers-prefer-Macs

techradar.com/news/computing/businesses-are-replacing-pcs-with-macs-at-unprecedented-rates-1310885

;)

bad analogy

kys

Learn how to use the meme arrows, Reddit.

There is a huge lack of professional features on that MacBook "Pro".

>Quora
This link is a regression to more anecdotes.

>The JAMF report only cited support numbers, and the survey doesn't provide specifics about Mac adoption and deployment rates.

SHOW ME THE NUMBERS. If you have numbers, it should be NO PROBLEM to show them.

>using the word 'pcfag' on Sup Forums

Apple makes awesome products and you know it.
Stop bitching about 'facts', you misogynist pig.

I bought a Surface Book. The battery life is absolutely amazing.

However, you are stuck with Windows and its fucking horrible piece of shit ecosystem.

Maybe in 5-10 years once Windows has gone through its transition, all the applications have been replaced with decent universal versions, everything is consistent, then it might be worthwhile.

Until then, I'm going to return my book and get something else.

It's overpriced and it lacks ports, but I don't get a lot of the hate.

youtu.be/pbDCq36tLm8

Just look at all the hate this video gets. This guy shows the benchmarks and some real world applications and its better than the old model.

>ahead of its time
>duel core

Hope you bought apple care.

here you go
also
>skylake in the current year

Ever since Tim "No Vision" Cook came aboard he's been running Applel into the ground. Mavericks was the last good OS. In fact everything past 2013 is shit.

has a garbage keyboard, which is pretty much all I care about in a laptop

Tim Cook will eventually be in the same situation as his senpai Steve Jobs.
Replaced because he can't innovate anymore, and he he probably won't come back like Jobs once did.

everything past 1990 is shit

You should keep it and run cygwin and vagrant for linux stuff, its amazing. If this sounds too technical to you, get the mac

Yes, I'm going to buy it. I have a MBP 15'' late-2013 and it has all the ports I need so I'm not bothered by the lack of ports.

The question I have is it worth getting a 2.7GHz Quad vs 2.6? Almost an extra $100.

they all get throttled down anyway

What is your CPU and specs of the machine? I have to order mine because they only sell the 256 SSDs here

Not as long idiots keep buying.
There's no reason to get rid of Tim if sales are up.

macrumors.com/2016/11/09/new-macbook-pro-has-outsold-all-competitors/

>Sup Forums is the new Macbook Pro really that bad if you disregard the thunderbolt ports?
Yes, because it removed one of the best features of the MacBook, magsafe

>Ubuntu
>Install
>Everything works

>Dat glorious xps 13 battery life

Then what should I choose CPU wise?

What is more important CPU or GPU?

I am thinking of.

2.6 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
512GB SSD
Radeon 460 (is the 460 much of a bump over 455)??

I could get the 2.7Ghz but not sure if the $100 extra is worth it. Tax is already adding $200 extra to the fucking thing

460 has twice the VRAM and extra shaders. Both will likely experience some throttling when under extended load like every MacBook Pro ever. I wouldn't waste money on a higher binned CPU, both chips have turbo boost speeds above 2.7GHz and will maintain that speed for awhile if the GPU isn't also being stressed heavily.

Okay thanks, I'll stick with the 2.6 & upgrade to the 460 and save $100.

I would but I literally don't have autism

The Apple ones are USB 2.0 tho, get yourself a 3.1 dongle from Amazon.

Only using it to charge my iPhone so I think I'm good for now. (Not buying a lighting to USB-C cable for £20 lol)

>$1500+ """premium""" machine
>99C load temp with a fucking dual core
>max 16 gb and it's not even ddr4
>proprietary SSD
>everything is soldered
>shit keyboard
>shit performance

Nigga theres a fucking limit. God damn man

The keyboard is absolute shit. It's a deal-breaker.

Also, I was playing with one yesterday, and shit took forever to load on a 15" touchbar version. Longer than on my 13". Im hoping that the display model was just fucked with. Anyone else have the same experience?

Fuck no.
Apple has no limits.
They boost up their prices with almost every generation, and they still gets more popular by every year. They know the sheeps will come.

LOL -- good one, you made me raff.

the price is ridiculous even for apple

the amount of drawbacks is pretty huge

also no touch screen (and yes, i already have a touchscreen laptop that i love, to the point of being a necesity these days)

the ports

the lack of upgradeability

the fucking keyboard, and humongous touchpad that relies on touch detection

even apple shills on youtube are doubting about it

you can have a top of the line laptop from any other brand at half the price, with a lot more features

>already dongle-ing like a mofo

Played with several, hoping to like them.

It's as shit as the MacBook's keyboard.

Literally nothing you can plug there but ipods. The button bar is a nightmare waiting to happen.

But it still got one thing going for it.
It runs a OS that forever will kick Windows's ass no matter what future you may be looking at (Mac OS).

that is a meme by itself

osx is a joke since snow leopard
basically, jobso is gone, and apple is just cashing on a quality promise that is long gone

>got rid of esc key
>still has caps lock
WHY

was it by special request from Kanye West?

it was always shit
you're only more aware of it since your cult leader died

You saying that like Apple is the only ones doing that. user from one tech enthusiast to another Microsoft, Dell, Apple and other major companies have been doing that for years.
Stop saying lt like Apple is the only ones trying to live by Steve Jobs ideology.

well, in a way i guess that is true

but put things in perspective: at that time, microsoft was doing 8

The touchbar is also useless unless you are too stupid to remember hotkeys.

I suppose someone will come up with a good use for it, but the one I used yesterday showed no options that I couldn't access via hotkeys.

I feel like they could have gotten rid of it and made it a dedicated Siri button or something

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that the esc key is not where it should be but shifted to the right?

macOS is legit, but with a choice between writing books on that keyboard in macOS, or on a Latitude/Thinkpad keyboard in linux, I'll go with Linux.

I can always check the final docx on a shitty win machine before sending to an editor.

using non proprietary usb devices fucks up the wifi

I think that was a while after his death.
We still had the 7 aka the last good Windows version.

>I can always check the final docx on a shitty win machine before sending to an editor.
that right there is key

at the end of the fucking day, windows is still the one that has better support, so it is everywhere

i dont like it either

but practically speaking.... who does not have a fucking windows VM for the ocassional crap that does not work