Why is there a chip inside my phone charger?

Seriously why? Am I being ripped off? The phone has two chips inside. There's a LED that lights up when the charger is plugged in, but it doesn't switch between two colors. It has it's own chip. Note that I have a google phone.

>Am I being ripped off?
>Note that I have a google phone.
Then the answer is yes.

It's a obviously a bug

Charge and voltage Controllers i guess.

whats the problem with an IC beeing there?

I just don't know why it's there. I'm a retard when it comes to technical stuff. But honestly I thought you only needed a cable and a plug in to charge a phone. Why all this chip stuff?

>Why all this chip stuff.
Yeah I know right. From the wall to the phone. No need for chips...

Are you retarded?

OP's retarded all right.

Yes I don't know technical stuff. Can you explain why it has a chip and what purpose it serves? I can't find anything on google.

nice b8 m8

It's to keep track of the info on your phone and gives them a back door into it everytime you plug it in to charge.

Oh the chip uses your power line systems as a large antenna for a ham radio system. Everytime you plug in your phone to charge it uses the ham system to sync settings with google.

OP here, I just realized Sup Forums isn't the best place to ask technical questions. But there's nothing on google about it.

This is why conspiracy theories exist. People who are dumb as rocks notice something "unusual" and then think they get spied on by muh gubmint n shiet

Thank you so much!

Kek

just a shot in the dark but its probably there so it knows to stop charging when the phone reports 100% charge level, or maybe just feed the phone electrical current directly while the battery is in standby

also sends your info to the moon nazis

You know you can just read the model number from the chip and google it so see what it does.
It's probably a controller to talk with the charging chip in the phone so that the charger can give the right amount of power

Something needs to transform your 110 / 230-240 volts from the grid into the 5 volts your usb plug and phone take in, dummy.
IIRC better ones also have overcharge protectors.

I knew it!

Its a botnet and you need to remove it

But you literally are being spied on by "muh gubmint n shiet"

Apple™ DRM Charger™©

because you need some smarts to stop the wall socket from sticking as much possible current into your tiny little 3000mAh battery. Plus you don't want it to over charge and blow the fuck up now do you?

Because you're using inappropriate search terms due to being a technical retard and knowing virtually nothing while thinking you know quite a lot.