Where do I find a no-bullshit...

Where do I find a no-bullshit, free (as in $0) and open source digital audio workstation that I can use to make music with?

Can't you nerds write anything properly

Other urls found in this thread:

ardour.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ardour.org/

>$0

>Paying someone to compile a program for you
>Not installing it with your package manager
>Wanting to use latency-ridden Windows rather than latency free JACK
It is $0

It's not $0 and it's not no-bullshit. It's a relatively big amount of bullshit, actually. I'd rather buy a properietary DAW if I'm going to be paying for it.

How come there's no unofficial Ardour builds out there? Or am I just too stupid to find one?

Why can't you cut the bullshit and just "apt install ardour"? Or are you just too stupid for that?

And have the 10 minute limit in place?

Also, I would prefer to run it on Windows if possible because, uh, you know, it actually has proper sound drivers and shit?

LMMS doesn't even work for me on Linux while it does run fine on Windows.

The package in your repos is not the same one from the website. It doesn't have some 10 minute limit.

>Also, I would prefer to run it on Windows if possible because, uh, you know, it actually has proper sound drivers and shit?
You claim it has "proper" sound drivers but in reality it's got massive latency that cannot be fixed without external "bullshit". If you're so hung up on cutting bullshit why are you NOT using an operating system with zero latency audio drivers? If all you want is a no cost, no bullshit, open source daw then why are you not using a no cost, no bullshit, open source operating system?

Exactly what part of linux audio drivers is not "proper"?

>Exactly what part of linux audio drivers is not "proper"?
The part where they don't work with my sound card.

Also, good job with the evangelistic bollocks, I don't give a crap which OS I use as long as it works

Linux supports all sound cards ever. You're just retarded.

Then why do you care about which digital audio workstation to use when you have many paid options that fit the "as long as it works"

If you're already a filthy goyim, might as well go all the way.

>Linux
>Hardware support

Music production under Linux? Forget it.

Then why not just a proprietary DAW as well?

*use

>Music production
What's up with millenial faggots all thinking they're Kanye West or some shit? These threads make me laugh.

I never thought I am Kayne West nor am I a Music Producer but I happen to work in Post-Production who knows quite a lot about recording, mixing and mastering. Even if you're a simple bedroom EDM producer, you will have a hard time producing music on Linux because first of all there's not even a proper DAW available for Linux. And if you call Bitwig a proper DAW you obviously never worked with a real DAW and even if you could work with Bitwig you'd still face the massive lack of plugins, especially virtuall instruments which are essential for bedroom producers. No Kontakt, no Omnisphere, no Serum no nothing excepft for some u-he synths that have been in beta stage for years. Don't even get me started about recording.

OP here. I'm a game developer. I want to make music for my own games.

>I can't answer OP
>I'll insult him instead
Typical

I would prefer to use Windows

>I would prefer to use Windows
What kind of music do you produce?

Good joke my man.

Game music, obviously.

Sorry, didn't see you want to make game music. Why does you DAW have to be open source?

Because I'm broke and I would prefer to spend money on food and car parts. I'm currently stuck with tracker programs and I would really prefer to gravitate away from them.

Literally kill yourself, faggot.

Ever heard of pirating software?

So use a cracked version of Studio One.

but why mention open-source in addition to "free (as in 0$)" if you don't actually care about it being open-source?

Because I don't care about your GPL evangelism? Fuck you and the fuck the high horse you rode on.

Yes, but I would prefer not to.

>Yes, but I would prefer not to.
Well but you seem to be short money so you got no choice.

Because open source programs tend to also be free?

In the unlikely case that I make a bunch of money off my game, I would prefer all my tools be legit.

which you already mentioned

That is too broad, chiptunes, mathrock? Link an example of what type of music you want to make or be more specific.

>Linux supports all sound cards ever
YLYL thread?

Nothing will stop you to buy the DAW you have pirated as soon as you have money.

You're a game developer but you can't even compile things on the platform you develop on?

It's pretty amateur music to be honest. I know the basics of composing but I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mastering, so all my tracks end up sounding kind of like how game music sounded in the late 80s and early 90s (lots of bass and 4/4 melodies). Which is sort of what I want, anyway.

And if you already have problems financing a DAW wait until you see how much plugins cost.

That's a retarded image.
Many of those libraries like OpenAL you'd have on Windows too.

>hurr durr compiling a huge program is simple
Yes, I'm a fucking game programmer and I won't spend a second with that bullshit. Any further questions?

I don't really need expensive VST plugins, basic samples would do fine. I just need an environment that isn't a bloody 80s interface tracker program.

>what is build automation
Ardour uses waf, it's easy as fuck to build.

Just kill yourself, if you can't even do that.

Qtractor is pretty nice.

Then you have no choice other than pirate a DAW. Just use Studio One or something.. you can even download a 30 day trial. It comes with nice plugins and instruments.

you are as delusional as any random linuxfag. there is a reason why audiofags don't bother with linux too much, seeing that there is no proper support for their hardware.

I know why I won't attempt it, now fuck off, you pretentious twat

lacks JACK, PulseAudio (yes those have Windows ports), allegro, clanlib, SDL

and then you'd have a throw it all in a chaotic graph

>doesn't even try
>baww it's so hard and awful

because you're a lazy fuck?

Check out Jupiter Broadcastings Linux Action Show. They just covered an upgrade to their audio systems. Use whatever they used.

>LMMS doesn't even work for me on Linux while it does run fine on Windows.
Works on my machine.

Install Gentoo

some people just want to drive a car without the need to know how to swap the engine or the transmission, which can be done rather easily by a mechanic/car enthusiast with proper tools. is this concept very hard to grasp or you have high functioning autism?

>dat PS1
where can i get

>some people just want to drive a car without the need to know how to swap the engine or the transmission

and those people don't call themselves mechanic

but you call yourself a developer, so at least learn something as easy and routine as using a simple build automation tool

Reaper

Does Gentoo even support audio

it's called Gentoo Linux not Gentoo Hurd

You're not replying to OP because I'm OP. I don't want to spend 3 days looking for dependencies and fix every minor crap that comes along. They specifically mention on the Ardour site that THE BUILD PROCESS FOR FUCKING WINDOWS IS A DIFFICULT FUCKING TASK. I have better things to do than waste my life catching missing dependencies and fixing never-ending fucking errors. Did you ever build anything beyond a hello fucking world yourself?

You know what? Since it's so goddamn easy for you, please make a Windows build and fucking post a link to it. Do it or shut the fuck up, you colossal vagina.

I do it all the time.
Of course, I don't use a shitty OS like Windows that makes that it unnecessarily annoying.

If you "have better things to do than waste my life catching missing dependencies" you should use something with a decent package manager instead of crying about how awful your OS of choice is.

>Audacity
>Synth plugins
>Combine with recordings from microphone
It literally couldn't get any simpler, user

You're the one crying, I'm just fuelled by your idiocy. Just fuck off already.

And yes, I'm using Windows. Problem? Fucking GPL goons. It's so typical of you when you can't solve a problem to go "well, you should use Linux". Well, and you should gargle another man's semen. We can all make the "you should" statements and throw them around. Fucking moron.

Is there any sort of track editing that goes into that process? I heard about Audacity as a DAW, but I was never sure if that's a joke or what. I mainly use audacity to fix minor problems with audio files, or do conversions, or add an effect and stuff like that. Can it really be used as a DAW?

With the right plugins. The cool thing about Audacity is it's extendable as fuck. I personally just use it to stitch together recordings, since I'm more into raw music and not electronic, but I've played around with it a bit. It's not a super full-featured DAW or anything, but it can get the basics done. It can be a bit daunting to dive headfirst into the community and check out all the plugins, but I'm sure you can find a comfy setup.

>games
Grow the fuck up

Thanks, that's an idea at least. Better than 99% of posts in this thread.

What do you do?

No prob. Also, if you're willing to put up with Adobe Flash cancer on your system, Newgrounds.com has tons of Flash-based music generator toys like Punk-O-Matic that may actually be pretty useful.

Kinda getting sick of this meme.

Then act like a Windows user and buy/pirate proprietary software.
It's 1$ a month, no one on Sup Forums is that poor.

>ITT Normal Human argues with Autistic retards

Not a meme, buddy.
Wasting your life for the sake on
>muh ebin gaymes Xddd
is one of the most childish things you can do

>normal human
>shocked of autists on Sup Forums

The average IQ can't be THAT low.

learn English

be less autistic

Says someone wasting their time on an anonymous image board

Linux supports all hardware that is worth supporting if your hardware isn't supported that is a vendor problem Linux is perfect and has way better support JACK has 0 latency and you're just a buttmad windows shill because you don't have 0 latency like Linux and OS X audio work is a joke they don't even have the ability to monitor outputs by default you're all just jealous of Linux saging this so that nobody has to see your filthy degenerate shilling

>Linux supports all hardware that is worth supporting

See I'm right your only argument is reaction image posting because you have no argument I am right my truth is the best truth now and forever

Am I witnessing OP's descent into madness?

Just because you can't comprehend the simple truth you must call me a troll? You must accept what you know is right before you can understand the problems you will face in the future.

Is hospital hardware worth supporting? How about aeroplane hardware? Or satellite hardware? Is that worth supporting?

hospital software is actually pretty terrible

It's all already running Linux. Except hospital hardware but the xray and MRI machines that don't support Linux don't deserve any money. Only buy MRI machines that support Linux because nothing else is with supporting.

Get your act together, I don't even know if you're trolling or not anymore.

Reaper
technically you have to buy a license but the "trial" runs forever and has all features.
also, in terms features and performance it competes with more traditional and expensive DAWs like protools or cubase and it's cheap as fuck if you decide to actually buy it