I know this is a piece of shit, but fuck me if the touchpad isn't the best touchpad I've ever touched

I know this is a piece of shit, but fuck me if the touchpad isn't the best touchpad I've ever touched.

Every other laptop manufacturer needs to sit the fuck up.

nice blog where do I subscribe

XD

Why is the new touchpad so big? Doesn't your palm get in the way and accidentally move the mouse when typing?

Apple has amazing palm rejection (recognizing intentional multi touch input vs dropping your palm on it) so it's not an issue. The touchpad really is amazing, but it's bit worth the 2k+ in garbage it's soldered in to

The thinkpads have the best touchpads imo (the ones with dotted surface)

>best touchpad I've ever touched
Can't click fast

Try playing Diablo 2 on this fucker.

1. force touch is shit
a) feels fake
b) clicks only work in 98% of all cases
2. it's too big
a) typing got ergonomically even worse as your palms will rest on it
b) palm rejection isn't perfect but around 90%

best touchpad is 2014 mbp, which doesn't have such issues.

>Trackpad

I use a mouse and keyboard with my laptop which also happens to be my workstation and gaming station. Something your shitty Mac can't do because it can't run games and it overheats if you look at it in a funny way.

So suck my cock you Apple fag.

I've found it to be a bit flaky on the 13" machine actually, but it's still better than what's on most machines

>best touchpad is 2014 mbp

lol no, try clicking it along the top edge

each to their own, textured trackpads drive me nuts.

can you even click mac touchpads?

Ditto. I always just use the trackpoint if it's there. I find that windows trackpads are generally annoying. Mac trackpads do kick their ass.

Yes, but not physically.

no - they are totally unclickable. you just turn the machine on and push the little arrow around the screen. Weeeeeee.

And while people seem split on the issue, I find that the "fake" click doesn't feel fake at all and is far more consistent than physical buttons (e.g. clicking on an edge feels exactly the same as clicking in the center).

The only thing apple does well is the trackpad, its not even close.

Yeah I like them too

Just tried on of those new rMBPs a few hours ago.

>The lack of key travel is fucking annoying as hell, it's even worse than I thought. You can type, but it feels horrible.
>Two fucking ports man

But yes, the trackpad is fucking amazing. Force touch is actually working on this thing, it works like magic. I actually forgot about it at first and I thought the thing was actually moving. Then I remembered, and indeed it feels just like clicking even though it doesn't actually click.

Still, overall the thing is a downgrade from the predecessor.

This.

The trackpad is awesome, but they shit the bed with that keyboard. It doesn't matter how good the trackpad is if you have to type on that.

Several reviews I've come across now seem to indicate that the keyboard is something you warm up to over the course of a week. At first it feels weird, but after using it for a while the old MBP keyboards feel mushy.

chromebooks have very decent touchpads, the Pixel's is excellent

Several other reviewers (including the one on Macworld) said they warmed up to it, but found typing much nicer when they moved back to their old mac pro or air.

Nobody wants a half-millimeter of key travel. Can you "get used to it"? Sure, but when you type on a nice keyboard, it will remind you of what you're missing.

It would be fine if you are typing facebook posts or tweets. On a pro machine, artists may not care. If you are coding or writing, it will suck.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Doesn't make much difference to me, at work my rMBP is perpetually hooked up to a 27" monitor, mech KB, and USB mouse and my home workhorse is a custom built hackintosh tower. Time typing on the laptop's keyboard is minimal and is largely casual in nature.

i hated this, removed the sticker on mine

Totally understandable, but I use mine on the go. I won't be dragging along a keyboard.

For me, it's back to Chinkpads and Latitudes with a trackpoint, because Win trackpads are nowhere near the mac.

I was hoping to get the 2015 model for cheap when the new one comes out. Turns out, it is peace of shit and 2015 ones are selling out. FML