Create 30 GB partition on SSD

>create 30 GB partition on SSD
>launch Linux Mint
>click install
>choose "something else"
And that's where I'm having a problem:
>only sdb and sdc and some others, no sda
>create /root, /swap, /home on "unallocated space" (my 30 GB partition)
>click on next
>"You must have at least 1mb of dedicated boot memory. If you don't, you may not be able to boot, but it can be fixed later"
What do I do? Help me pls.

go to /wsr/

Create a 200mb /boot partition, fstype ext2.

me on the right

Correct, you need to create another partition to enable boot

>pig find long lost relative

bump

Why ext2?

You're booting the installer in UEFI mode, and your drive probably has a MBR partition which UEFI doesn't very much like. Reboot in legacy mode.

Pig meets mesu buta

What anime is that?

you read the sticky

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

Fuck off, you pedantic cunt. We'll help him if we want to.

It's a shoe

MD Geist

>there are people who are this shitty
disgusting.

You can try make partition on Gparted live cd. About swap partition: you don't need it. Instead you can later create swapfile so you can expand or delete it if you need more disk space.

I actually used legacy, because when I tried to install it, I couldn't figure out how to disable SecureBoot, but I know it now.

I use the default windows partioning tool. I just don't see a reason why people use gparted when the computer's able to do it without an external program.

>Cameron's indecisiveness between old flame and new waifu.jpg

Damn, that's a sexy ass pig

Well, then you were using GPT partition, which BIOS doesn't like. Have you been able to install it yet?

me on the left

What is GPT partition? I don't use a third party partitioning software if it's something like that.

White power

*left

It's the type of partition you're drive is using. BIOS/legacy uses MBR while UEFI uses GPT. If your drive is using GPT and you boot in legacy mode, it won't be able to see your partition table and viceversa. Since mint is asking you to create a /boot/EFI partition (which MBR doesn't require), I assume it's using GPT. So, boot back in UEFI mode and all should be fine.

your*
Also, I'm not even sure viceversa is an actual word in English.

>using linux mint
>ever
it's the windows ME of linuxes

>it's the windows ME of linuxes
no, it's not.