Linux Cube

Remember when freetards were flaunting this desktop cube meme? Few years back.

>Dude can Windows XP do this??? Hahahaha Linux Desktop surpassed Windows

Yeah.

How many of you use this cube feature today?

But don't worry freetards. 2017 is coming soon, I'm sure it will be the year of the Linux Desktop!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NX2WmWg2-4E
winaero.com/blog/stop-windows-10-anniversary-update-from-installing-candy-crush-and-other-unwanted-apps/
youtube.com/watch?v=7d33Pu2OW7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(((GNU)))) fans will still defend the Linux Desktop

>Getting this triggered because some people prefer a non-microsoft operative system.
>Having the need to sell the lack of one or more features your operative system doesn't have as something good even if their existence doesn't affects you negatively.
>Feeling the need to show that you're with the "winner team" to feel better with yourself instead of caring for what you like.
why?

Year of linux desktop was in 2012 you downtube.

SPINNAN CUEBZ

>winnigers are still bumflustered because of a decade old pointless feature that their operating system newer had

SPINNAN CUBEZ

WOBBLY WINDOWS

What are market trends? It's not cool anymore is why no-one uses it.

WOBBLY_WINDOWS

why the fuck would ayone use this """feature"""

Good memories, just like glossy icons and winamp.

I don't know.
It's hard to understand (((GNUfags))).

mom, its fashion, you wouldnt get it

>Pajeet is out of ideas, the post.
POO IN THE LOO.

i would use the cube if i had it. I use muh workspaces pretty regularly when dealing with full screen programs and looks like the cube is just a cool way of doing that.

What do you expect from this board? iFags are saying the same thing about Android phones, "hurr I don't use this and Android can do it, therefore Android is shit!". Although OP is probably baiting.

Poo in loos and /v manchildren are just rationalizing the fact that after 15 years they only got a cheap knockoff instead of a proper implementation of virtual desktops.

ricing retards so linux users

they were flaunting the fact that it was possible to do shit like that.

enjoy WPF, wincuck.

Because it's
>A E S T H E T I C
and a cheap alternative to buying some shiny new thing. poor people need shiny things too guise

>possible to make 3D cubes
>not possible to make a decent, unified, consistent desktop that doesn't look like utter shit

that would be actual work tho

wobbly windows ftw

Sauce on unedited?

I miss the wobblies.

GNUtard logic:
"Let's make a feature nobody ever asked for!"

Microsoft logic:
"Let's optimize user experience pragmatically."

Mac OS had spinning cubes before Compiz but after 3ddesktop

>posted by linux shill
kek
the irony

You mean like pic related?
Stay mad WinPOO.

This

all the ingredients are there, whereas on windows they are not

>not possible to make a decent, unified, consistent desktop that doesn't look like utter shit
you just described xfce

but of course you're going to hand wave it away because you're an idiot child

>build 10162
at least update your memes

>build 10162

Even windows can wobble and I wobble on kwin to this day
Video is win7 wobble
youtu.be/NX2WmWg2-4E

Microsot logic for 8/10:
"Let's remove a feature everbody likes"

I would but "Something Happened"

Apple logic:
"Let's remove something everyone uses because fuck you"

Never had that error before, but I know how to take care of my Windows installation.

There are a few good looking desktop environments, ZorinOS looks beautiful by default. Everyone has different UI preferences.
This is the exact opposite of what Microsoft did with 10. It's inconsistent and looks like shit. At this point even Apple has a better OS than Microsoft.

>Microsoft products
>optimised
Have you ever used anything made by Microsoft? It's almost as if they intentionally don't optimize shit so you'd have to buy new hardware from their partners every year.

pretty much this. inb4 I'm a shill too.

He has to take care of his OS becasue it can shit the bed any minute.

Bump. I'll be back with some even cooler shit.

member when ubuntu was debian with just a different theme

Microsoft logic:
Let's remove user choice, integrate ads into the OS, use dark patterns and forcefully introduce telemetry and keylogging, download promoted store apps in the background and uninstall "incompatible" app with no user interaction

You don't have to like linux but I don't see how you can defend any of this shit on wangblows

I'm still rocking wobbly windows. They're nice.

> >Getting this triggered because some people prefer a non-microsoft operative system.

>winnigers are still bumflustered because of a decade old pointless feature that their operating system newer had

There was a half-baked desktop switching program for Windows that provided similar functionality. It was written by a Japanese guy.

IMO, it's still a neat effect, especially if you don't have a really predictable set of windows on each desktop (i.e. you want a bird's eye view as you switch to remind you what's on which desktop).

>download promoted store apps in the background and uninstall "incompatible" app with no user interaction

What's this? Particularly the second half.

cube

as of the anniversary update windows 10 will download promoted apps silently
winaero.com/blog/stop-windows-10-anniversary-update-from-installing-candy-crush-and-other-unwanted-apps/

additionally windows will uninstall apps it thinks are incompatible even though they often aren't (pic related) with no user interaction at all.

>operative system

Isn't that Linux?

I love this copypasta. it always catches buttmad freetards.

2010 + 6 linux summary:

desktop - virtually no real applications
server - pathetic stability, kernel panics a lot, who in the right state of mind would run this instead of AIX or any other enterprise level UNIX

Ah, Linux cube thing.
The memories.

>additionally windows will uninstall apps it thinks are incompatible even though they often aren't (pic related) with no user interaction at all.

What the actual FUCK. Removing Classic Shell? This is fucking war!

To be honest, some android phones actually use a similar effect

I was going to post a grab of compiz sphere and cylinder but they don't show up right in screengrabs. Fuck it I'm logging back into GNOME.

>the cube is pointless
>probably uses multiple monitors
At least it's a cheaper and more energy efficient option than falling for dual/multi monitor meme

I'm willing to bet that 90% of the Linux bashers here just looked at it and instantly thought it was the worst OS ever because it didn't have Microsoft Word.

hahahaha Wintards BTFO

"just install classic shell user, it fixes windows 10"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA WINBABIES WITH THEIR MICROPENISES, MANCHILDREN CHINK POO IN LOOS BTFO

We have angered the Great Spinning Cube!

All software shall forever look completely flat now for we are undeserving of its three-dimensional glory!

Be careful who you call ugly in middle school

᠎ ᠎ ▲
▲ ▲

I use the gnome3-desktop-switch-thing, which is basically a evolved version of the cube-thing

>>na decent, unified, consistent desktop that doesn't look like utter shit
> doesn't know about mate, gnome, xfce, lxde

>Let's optimize user experience pragmatically.
>by resetting some option the user made with every update
>also some option can only be switch via registry or group policies
>also lets embed ads directly into the operating system

>what is PlayOnLinux
You can get Microsoft Office working on Linux.

but I'm using workspaces in Linux you ding dong

youtube.com/watch?v=7d33Pu2OW7k

you know the point wasn't a spinny desktop cube yeah? the point was hardware accelerated composition. which is exactly what OS X and Windows use as well.

Amiga already had that for ages.

what DE is that?

Why update? It's still the same way.

The cube is still rad, imo. Wobbly windows were a mistake though.

it's not

it's pasta? well fuck

Man Ubuntu went to shit

i was. i had it both on ubuntu and vista.

>>Having the need to sell the lack of one or more features your operative system doesn't have as something good even if their existence doesn't affects you negatively.
what did he mean by this?

who is that chin chin bin?

sauce pls

I NEED THE NAME OF THAT SLUT

SAUCE NAAAOOOOOO

WHO IS THAT ROD GOD???

bump for cubez

To be quite honest, I actually would if compiz hadn't fucking shut down development.

I use i3 /xfce4 for my computers now.

I mean, fuck. All this focus on the Linux Desktop, and fucking NOBODY ever bothered to fix that piece of shit x.

Wayland NEVER:

Cx

Just use kwin on xfce. Seriously I have wobbles, cube, all that shit. On an actual nice de not kde.

>GNOME2
;-;7

>forgetting to close reddit tab when posting desktop on Sup Forums in 2016

not him, but that's Cinnamon. ctrl alt up shows all workspaces like that, and you can move programs to wherever etc, it's pretty cool. ctrl alt left/right to switch between them.

only time I ever use the other workspaces is when I play LoL because i run wine in full virtual desktop so the multiple workspaces allow me to look at other programs without crashing League

ceo of winpoo

Even caught the screen tearing

Nice copypasta, OP.
Here's your (You).

they got even uglier :-)

> it's not
please elaborate

I loved it.
Compiz Fusion + Beryl + Emerald + AIGLX rendering.

Oh my.
> 100 FPS 3D smoothness with tons of skins.
I would still use it.

Also, Linux became really popular at that time due to the 3d goodness and themes and easy skinning.

But hey, it's all gone now.

The desktop cube just shows how technically superior Linux is, even though no one actually uses it.

This thread is pure cancer and I don't know why I returned to this piece of hyman garbage that is this board now.

I originally installed Ubuntu back in 2008 just because the cube effect.

I never got it to work

I liked the wobbly windows though.