What do you guys think about these?

What do you guys think about these?
I want to buy new closed headphones and these look good.
Is there anything better for this price?

I love the DT 770. Only downside is the the cable is not unpluggable. Had a cable break couple of days ago and had to repair it.
Some friends/family said it is too heavy, but I never had any problems with it.

Did the cable break easily?

I bought it 4 years ago, so probably not.

Is it easy to repair?
and would i need an amp even if I get the 80 ohm version?

They're closed so they suck.

Also the cable sucks.

>and would i need an amp even if I get the 80 ohm version?
No.
Depends: Can you do basic soldering?

Only good for recording. For listening there are way better headphones

I've heard good things about them. Can't say personally though, never ownmed

No but I'll search on google how to fix it if I ever break it.
As far as closed headphones go, are they good?

any examples?

Only good for listening, for recording there are better headphones

I have a pair, they're pretty good if you like closed. They're not really suited to take everywhere you go, but you can of course still do that. They don't fit comfortably around the neck if you want to take them off for some time. The cable is very long and some players will have trouble driving the higher impendace versions. I don't think it's too heavy, but they're definitely not lightweight. They're comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time.
Soundwise, the thing that really stands out is that the (sub) bass is accurate without overpowering the other ranges. Hard to do right on closed headphones.

Thank you for the detailed answer user
not interested in taking it out of the house so I'm not worried.
Sounds good so far! probably gonna buy em in a couple of days.

Also, currently I have a fairly new ATH m30x, do you guys this the upgrade will be worth it?

I have them too. They are very comfortable. The padding is something I wish I had on all my pairs of headphones. Like everyone else said, the cable sucks. I prefer straight cables but you can do a cable mod if you want to put the time into it. Sound quality is amazing. Very flat sound with a hint of bass. Make sure you get an amplifier.

I got a pair of the 30ohm version about six months ago. I absolutely love them.

Amazing sound stage (especially for closed)
Incredible balance and range in the sound. You'll hear everything properly. Also good directional sound, I use them for Vidya too.

Turned them into a headset with a modmic and I love it. If you want closed headphones these are the way to go.

thank you lads!

32 and 80 no amp needed
32 if you're mobile and plan on using your phone or whatever

citation needed

citation needed

citation needed

This guy gets it

They come in straight cable versions instead of curly

No problem m8

Enjoy them!

I got these - they're amazing.

You'll like them if you game - the soundstage is really nice for closed headphones.

I suggest to listen to them first tho. If you're younger than 25 or so or just have sensitive ears the highs may be too high and you'll feel uncomfortable on high volume

unfortunately i dont have the option to test them because of the shit hole i live in but overall from these replies it looks like these might be perfect for me so I'm willing to risk it and buy em

I got the 250 ohm version off of Amazon.ca since they were only 170 loonerydoos.

They work well with my work computer, which is a 2013 macbook pro. Not amped.

The 32ohm versions have an inline volume control, I think.

they sound like two soup bowls with a paper driver inside. If you wnt everything to sound like it's played in a cub someone's running in their parents' basement-- these are for you.

I've been using mine for ~5 years and I still really like them.

>Amazing sound stage (especially for closed)
maybe if you've never compared them to anything else.
They're a mediocre design from the 70s with ~ no acoustic design. Literally two empty round plastic cups with speakers thrown inside.

Most mid range phones can even power the 250Ohm version.

Focal Elear

They're excellent if you want comfort, and a closed-back design. My only problem is I had to return my last pair because the right speaker started rattling, which apparently is caused by hair getting stuck to the speaker membrane. I even tried removing the hair, but it didn't fix it.