Your View On The Pixel

What does Sup Forums think of the Chromebook pixel?

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thinkpad/x1-tablet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks great, but limited by Storage and OS

Double the storage, give it a better price, install Gentoo, and you have the perfect ThinkPad killer

A 2013 model is your best bet on that

>Now $369.99
>3 years free 1Tb storage
>Boot Ubuntu
>hook up mini display port to 1080p
>You got yourself a decent gaming desktop.

LS owner here. Easily the best machine I've ever owned. But you need to embrace the cloud or you'll hate it.

you'd still need a trackpoint, a better keyboard, and more ports, upgradable storage and ram, and a dock. at least, i might be forgetting other things.

I've love it with a real OS

Posting from mine now, this shit's dope

I am looking for something to get, will be just for programming and watching movies, email, browsing while i travel around.

What do you guys think to the surface pro 4 core m version? Or should an xps 13 be the better choice?

If it had normal bios out of the box and upgradable ram/ssd it would be GOAT

I wish Google made a regular laptop that's not crippled by being a chromebook, it would finally kill macbooks

It's nice in every way except buy a chromebook.
Limited soldered RAM, storage.

Neither, get the first Chromebook pixel and run ubuntu.
You get everything you need but with better build quality.
Plus you can do a lot with 1Tb of google drive space.

Surface pro 4 is good but don't bust your balls on that.

XPS 13 is likely more power than you need if those are the only things you'll be doing. Same goes for the Surface Pro 4.
For a basic programming and web surfing machine, I'd value light weight and long battery life above all else.

Can't upgrade parts, it's utter dog shit.

What do people think of this?

shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thinkpad/x1-tablet/

>3 hour battery life

Yea there's that but I heard if you turn off the touchscreen you can get a bit more juice.
At least an extra hour and a half.

Great laptop, the free storage really adds it all.

>What does Sup Forums think of the Chromebook pixel?
I am gonna buy the asus or acer one on black monday

Get the Samsung Chromebook 3

>cheaper
>more ram
>11inch

I'm trying to think of what LS stands for, but I'm drawing a blank. Any user care to fill me in?

It literally means Ludicrous Speed

I bought an Acer 13" with a Tegra K1. Refurbished from Amazon for 120goodboypoints with prime.

1080p screen. great twitter/netflix machine. not that good for anything else tho.

sheeit, i am scared samsung will explode ;)

kek

hot-swappable 9-cell batteries. the new dual battery thing is such a good feature

The Pixel defeats the purpose of what a Chromebook even is. That said, I wish I had one and I'm not sure why. I'd get an HP Chromebook 13 instead, though. Premium, but less expensive.

>hook up mini display port to 1080p
The fuck? The display is the best feature of the pixel

I mean you wouldn't really need the 2:3 screen unless you're doing a ton of shit.

Hooking it to a 1080p screen will make you have more power in the end.