Hi

Hi

I've never built a computer before.
Would like some advice if this is a good build or not.

Thanks

no SSD?

Do you really plan to overclock? If not, get non-K and stock cooler would be just fine, though 212 is cheap and cool anyway.

Looks pretty good from a components level. Maybe spend a tad more on the PSU.

>he pays sticker price

Nyx the optical drive, just pull one from your old PC if you need it to install Windows. Get a better case, and maybe go for micro-ATX case and board unless you need the extra expansion slots. Also contemplate if you really need 16GB of RAM; most people are fine with just 8.

Seasonic psu

The seem expensive to me, was thinking about getting one down the road

Yeah I didn't plan on overclocking it (don't even know how to do that lol)

Alright cool thanks will keep that in mind

When's the best time to buy parts you think?

Most Corsair's are really rebranded SeaSonic's.
>When's the best time to buy parts you think?
Either yesterday or Monday.

>Yeah I didn't plan on overclocking it (don't even know how to do that lol)
There are plenty of tutorials on how, but if you don't care for it then go with a non-K processor and H170 motherboard instead of a Z170. You'll save plenty doing so.

I don't have any laying around like that :( i've been using a laptop for the last 7 years

Do you live near a microcenter or frys? They have that cpu cheaper than online retailers.

Get the cryorig h7 or some different brand other than cooler master for the cpu cooler, if you've never dealt with them before then you'll be frustrated with mounting it more so than other tower coolers. But it up to you and what want.

Try getting that ram on jet.com and use TRIPLE15 to get 15% off before paying taxes. Jet.com is not a scam but I can understand if you're concerned about shipping and handling practices because they don't ship the same way as amazon.

Get an ssd, you'll never regret it. The hdd is fine but you can get it cheaper if you go to microcenter or frys. Outletpc doesn't charge tax but they do charge shipping.

GPU is fine but you'll probably benefit from getting an rx480 which is 8gb and better at dx12 benchmarks than the 1060.

I don't know about raidmax. Do some research on them and check out jet to see if you can find discounts there.

Don't spring for the cheapest psu. This is something you never want to settle on. Corsair's grey tag like cxm are ok but I would suggest getting something gold+ rated.

I don't know about optical drives.

If you can put legos together you can build a computer.

>But it up to you and what want.
Fuck, where did my English go? It's up to you and what you want.
The 212 evo is good at what it does but mounting it might be a bitch. If you care about aesthetic then it may also look a bit ugly or fantastic to you. You could just swap out the fan later on anyway if you care about the look of it.

Even if you swap the fan it often looks quite ugly, because the silver and copper clash with black, which is the "in" colour nowadays. And I can vouch for you in that they are a bitch to mount, and you'll think you've fucked up when you actually are doing it right.

Yeah the closest micro center is about 45 mins away and thank you ill check them out

>they are a bitch to mount
Is this a meme? I had no issues with mine.

Even if you're not, Intel shit is trivially easy to get up to like 4.5GHz without even fucking with voltage or extreme cooling solutions, I would recommend trying it

Well, if you are clumsy or have hand tremors, they can be. When tightening the mounting screws it's easy to slip and stab your finger or the board.

This will bottle back the whole system

Get a 120GB or so SSD to function as your boot drive, and a regular hard drive to store all your files. That's what I do. Or if you're rich get a bigger SSD, and use it to store your most important files, whilst storing stuff you don't need every day on a hard drive.

>45 min away
GO. My closest one it an hour and half away and it was so fucking worth it to get a cpu and mobo combo. I got the cpu $40 cheaper than usual and if you combo with a mobo you get an extra $30 off. Definitely go, their deals on cpus ends on December 4th. Check out the online store and if they have a mobo you like reserve it, or just call them before you go to ask if they one in stock. The ram is more expensive there, though. They have good prices on monitors and speakers, too. And the staff should be pretty helpful with any questions you have. They get paid by commission so they have to be nice but they're still really helpful to anyone with or without experience.

Okay so this is with the new changes.

If anyone is still here can you can you can you let me know how I did?

I'll definitely be going to micro center though to get the cpu cheaper too btw*

>When's the best time to buy parts you think?
Just bit of research will show that you can get your shit for $100-200 less

Don't bother with a full-ATX case if you're going with a micro-ATX board. Whatever you get, just make sure it has enough room for your GPU.

>2x4gb ram
i would go with the 1x8gb if you plan on upgrading in the future.

i recommend atx mobo with mid case, micro atx in a mid case looks weird

I agree. Or go micro-ATX board in micro-ATX case.

Just get a micro case, it's nice having a tiny PC

There should be some good 120gb or 250gb ssds for under $80. Jet has a samsung m.2 120gb for around $80, no doubt there are cheaper crucials, microns and sandisks.

alright cool i'll keep that in mind

So this is what I have so far