Hey Sup Forums. Are there any upsides (or downsides) to buying a macbook instead of a notebook?

Hey Sup Forums. Are there any upsides (or downsides) to buying a macbook instead of a notebook?

You'll be seen as a faggot.

No, buy one off craiglist tho

You do reali,e only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use macbooks, right?

I'm seriously asking here. Why would I not buy one over a notebook?

Are you suggesting a macbook isn't a notebook?

No, but you know what I mean.

Macs are for fags.

I just told you dumbass. Legit only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use macbooks.

There's a reason apple's ceo is a literal cock sucker.

/thread

He's not memeing btw OP.

I don't see why would anyone buy the regular (non-pro) MacBook

Ok, so if I don't care about being a fag, then macbook has no drawbacks?

You should really should just hang yourself at this point. Fags are a burden on humanity as a while and one less of you filthy abberations of nature would make this a world a much much better place.

It is highly underpowered, and isn't worth it's price when you could get the pro 13inch for just few hundred bucks more.

Upsides:
MacOS is nice.
The build quality is nice.

Downsides:
Price? It doesn't fit your performance needs? You don't like the keyboard?

I hope you spend 4k on one just to realize what a real piece of shit it is.

So it's actually true that mac is overpriced compared to normal notebooks?

No shit. In addition to underpowered processors they constantly overheat it's actually expected for the batteries to explode without notice.

You are paying for the brand, it's build quality and for being able to legally use Mac OS.

For a while, it wasn't. A comparably spec'd Thinkpad or Latitude was close.

Now, you're back to overpaying for a comparable machine.

this

they're really nice laptops but they're overpriced, with that kind of money there are other better options in the market

So, how much of a difference are we talking in price, generally speaking?

And what about the build, is it any better than the build for normal notebooks? I mean, a company like acer or whatever must know how to put together a computer too, right?

Instead of buying a macbook go for a macbook pro 2013 non-touch bar for more power, but macbook should be fine if you so choose

The build is nicer, but that keyboard is fucking awful.

Acer is not really in the same league, but a couple of hundred bucks cheaper, if not more, depending.

But why do people buy mac if it's overpriced? I mean, that's ridiculous.

Because we live in a time where $1200 isn't a lot of money

1. Because many people hates the Windows ecosystem
2. Besides Dell, Asus, Lenovo and Razer almost all other brands are just shit which you will get tired by real quick
3. Because it just works

Because Acer is kinda shit, and it runs winblows.

The rMBP was at a sweet price point for a while, and totally worth it. They hiked the prices with the 2016 memebar and awful keyboard.

Also, if it is a bit closer, it's totally worth a bit more. macOS includes a lot of shit you have to buy on Windows (XCode vs Visual Studio, etc)

If you wait a year or so, Apple has a habit of bringing prices down after the initial introduction of a model line, as well. The first year or two, they are generally high, but the divide tends to shrink as the model grows older with internal (processor/SSD) upgrades.

Your not wrong user, but it has never been said that you have to buy the pro version of Visual Studio.

Definitely right about that.