Paying $400 for a GTX 770 when the GTX 760 is only $250 and basically the same performance wise

>paying $400 for a GTX 770 when the GTX 760 is only $250 and basically the same performance wise

no one on Sup Forums was dumb enough to buy a 770 - right?

oops

>literally throwing $150 away for a trivial performance increase

>2011 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1
>being this poor

I know right

you can stop now OP

Every fucking time
>Paying $550 for a GTX 780 when the GTX 770 is only $400 and basically the same performance wise
>paying $400 for a GTX 770 when the GTX 760 is only $250 and basically the same performance wise

By that logic, the 760 = 780, basically.

>not 32 gigs of RAM

2/10 shitbox that will be obsolete in 6 months.

I had a 760, upgraded to a 390, realized AMD is shit and threw it in the trash and got a 1070

the 760 served me pretty well, it was alright only it couldnt even run games released in the same year on ultra.

why would anyone need anything more than a 760?

A 760 can run anything on ultra

You're not running Battlefield 1&4 / Crysis 3 / Far Cry / COD on Ultra with a min of 60FPS. You can't do that with a single 780.

I didn't literally mean anything, you know what I meant.

99% of games you can get 60 fps on a single monitor at 1920x1080

It runs everything i play at high settings at 60fps. I wanted to get 480 to replace it but i don't see the point really

60 fps is not enough at 1920x1080, and 1920x1080 is pig disgustingly low res

But that's wrong. I have a 680 and there's a few games I can name that I can't max while keeping 60FPS.

Trackmania 2, BF3 (and 4 alpha), STALKER, Sleeping Dogs, Serious Sam 3, Crysis 3.

And that's just what's installed right now.

No it can't. You're probably one of those people who run some cheap ass cooler and claim it's running 30c under load.

I got one for 50 euros used. Asus DCII model. Been very fine for a few months now.

>playing on a monitor with a resolution other than 1920x1080

enjoy your stretched graphics

>this is wrong i'm going to use a 600 series generation old gpu that you weren't even talking about to prove it!

770 is literally a 680

It's true I have a 770 and most games I can run on high settings with about 60 fps, but when a lot of shit is happening on screen it drops. No way on ultra settings on modern games with more than like 40 fps.

no, it isn't.

it literally is, they just bumped up the clock speeds

what...?

the memory makes games run at higher settings

every modern game is optimized for 1920x1080 resolution.

every other resolution is an unnaturally stretched version of the game

I don't think you are even aware of whats going on

Most are actually optimized for 1280x720 or lower. They still look fine when rendered at 2560x1440 however, it's the same aspect ratio.

>31 posts
>7 IPs

wew

>modern games are rendered in 720p

sure thing buddy

It's more like 640p or 540p in most cases just upscaled to 720p.

more video RAM -> better graphical power

you learn this shit in 3rd grade

lol

why would I side grade from my 660ti?

Wait... did I time travel a few years in to the past?

Why are we discussing three generation old GPUs?

>PC gaymur autism
>talking about 7xx series cards in almost 2017

Do you know what 'rendering' is you fucking retard?

>mfw I run BF3 on ultra only without MSAA on 1920x1080 smooth as fuck on a 6870 and Phenom x4

Because I have a 570 and a 760 isn't a big enough performance increase to be worth upgrading to. Next card will probably be a 970.

Here's the deal with x60 cards, they don't last long. You have to pretty much upgrade in one generation. x70 cards last 2 to 3 generations before frame rates become unacceptable.

I ran Skyrim on ultra-hihg with an ATI Radeon HD4500 series card back in the day, why are gaymes these days such inefficient fucking memory hogs?

I bought a gtx 780

Umm...

What can I say? It was one of the best at the time of purchase. If I knew NVIDIA fucked me over I'd wait until 4GB VRAM became the norm and not overly expensive.

kek...total circlejerk

"$0.02 has been deposited to your account"

its only build up for the story
760 served well as a first graphics card

>typical british muslim.jpg

I wish she was my gf.

You do know where this image is from right?

>buying nvidia
>buying kepler
TOP KEK

>several generations old mid-tier GPU can suddenly run anything on ultra
>excluding modern releases and actual ultra settings, of course

every damn time, the GPU nostalgia goggles are so bad

Yes. Everybody makes mistakes.

>a thread on Sup Forums has a few posters having a discussion
really forces you to ponder

A 960 can't run everything on 1080p/Ultra present

A 1060 probably can't.

This.

My 680 still runs shit on high /ultra settings averaging 50+ FPS.
Literally no reason to upgrade yet.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about?
I just got a 980 Ti for $338

>2017
>1920x1080
What the fuck? Even old ass games look so much better with higher res. You all need to get glasses if you can't see the difference. Today even a fucking Titan X is shit tier for 3840x2160 gaming, and you are happy with shit cards. I am jelaous.

This reasoning can be used for everyone not using a ps4 slim, which goes as low as 200€ on black Friday

But i bought my 770 at 280€ tho
Still does the job

What year is this? 2011?

classic copypasta with red sauce

yes that is the point of every graphics card that isn't an nvidia 610 GT or onboard.

>Recommending 6/7/8/9xx cards when the 10xx series is fuckin fast
Not even shilling, I had a 660 last year and I recently got a 1060. The 660 couldn't even play nuDoom on low.

My 780 runs that shit on ultra with motion blur and aa turned off. It'll probably still be fine for another year or two of 1080p gaming as long as Nvidia doesn't kneecap it through drivers

770 here
yes