Are you actually autistic user? How did you find out? How does it affect your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MuSW2YckxJY
youtube.com/watch?v=BGN8bP5uJvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Are you actually autistic user?

Yes.

>How did you find out?

A doctor had told me.

How does it affect your life?

I wouldn't know, I manage fine and I'm quite satisfied with myself really.

Wrong board. Correct one is

Really? Have you seen the posts on this board?

>how does it affect your life
People started asking stupid questions.

99% of ppl here are on the autistic disorder spectrum. those who deny it are lying or are not diagnosed yet with it.

No one here is autistic, retard.

Having depression puts you in the ASD??

I took the aspie test it says im borderline.

I think thats just showing common comorbidities w/ ASD

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome at 10. Parents didn't tell me until I was 18. Really pissed about that because they'd punish me severely for things I couldn't control like panic attacks from overstimulation, inability to recognize faces, and "looking at them wrong". They knew I wasn't doing it on purpose but they punished me like I was and I didn't understand what was wrong with me.

I was pretty lonely and depressed for my early twenties because I couldn't figure out how to make friends. I put all my obsessiveness into learning electronics and programming, and that really paid off. My life is pretty awesome now. Some good friends, the perfect girlfriend, a high paying job I really enjoy.

Your parents did you a favor by not telling you.

I been wondering if I am autistic because of the way I relate with people, monotone voice, hard to remember names of people I know, hard time with faces if I don't see them everyday, used to have bad social anxiety in the past, always had trouble reading books would read one or two sentences and by the third I already lost track. People getting pissed at me for my tone even though I wasn't trying to offend or say it in a bad way that's just how it comes out. If I'm not autistic then I'm just a asshole.

I just scored a 33/50 so I have asbergers?

*An asshole

I have had friends test it and they all are 15 or under. I score between 25 and 35 depending on the day, anything above 35 is considered aspie. but you'd really have to see a dr to know.

thanks, sorry

add and adhd is the same thing fuck this image

ADHD fag here, can confirm this

how does it impact your life? does it hurt personal relationships or work?

>diagnosed with ADHD at 6
>Social Anxiety Disorder at 23
>took multiple assburgers tests and scored in the 80th percentile or above in all of them
>different doses of Vyvanse and multiple stimulants don't work so well anymore
>hypersensitive to sound and light
>can't figure out why people don't want to go hiking with me or keep rescheduling
>I seem to irritate all women, including gf
Should I investigate this further?

> Your parents did you a favor by not telling you.

You can't fix autism problems like Prosopagnosia (inability to recognize faces) by punishing someone until they stop doing it. That's like thinking someone with near nearsightedness is being lazy and you can force them to start using their eyes properly.

They're also not real.

>Should I investigate this further?
Yes. How is your light and sound sensitivity? I can't focus with either one in the background is that how it works for you?

Hey I agree with you, but your parents did you a favor in the sense that they didn't give you a way out of a normal development of your life till you reached adulthood. I have seen cases where that happens and people who could have graduated highschool and gone to college didn't because they had assburgers and their parents were protecting them.

Yes, and I've almost gotten in accidents while driving at night. Getting progressively worse as I get older.

> Your parents did you a favor by not telling you.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean by this.

youtube.com/watch?v=MuSW2YckxJY

If you have the patience to go see that documentary, you'd see that he could have actually done better for himself if his mom allowed it.

>I'm quite satisfied with myself really.

>Sup Forums - Technology

I was grown before autism became the go-to diagnosis. I have looked into it and I fit the aspergers symptoms pretty well, never make eye contact, intense interest and expertise in random subjects...

but I'm also a very emotional (depressed) person and I have never had a problem comprehending sarcasm, metaphors and other things aspies struggle with

never had bad coordination either.

I guess I'm just a nerd.

I have made joke posts on Sup Forums before that get paragraph long answers and it makes me feel bad because I sense the person can't differentiate between jokes and actual questions. There is nothing wrong with these people though, I think their brains are just tuned differently

full blown autism and aspergers/spectrum disorders, i don't care what head doctors think... they aren't the same thing. One of my old girlfriend's big brother was full blown autistic and trust me, that guy isn't posting on any board

>I have made joke posts on Sup Forums before that get paragraph long answers and it makes me feel bad because I sense the person can't differentiate between jokes and actual questions.

I have a tendency to do long paragraph answers.

supposedly so
i got diagnosed with aspergers when I was pretty small
i guess besides being obsessive about information security, having a bad memory, hating excess pressure imposed by any form of planning and being generally antisocial it probably doesn't really make much of a difference anymore. its probably the reason I dropped out of uni though

Audible kek

>i guess besides being obsessive about information security, having a bad memory, hating excess pressure imposed by any form of planning and being generally antisocial

jesus christ you just described me. just on thanksgiving i totally ignored my sister in law without meaning to (she's bed ridden).

How is your life how do you cope, what do you do for a living? Why didn't you continue on uni?

switch to 2d women

>hypersensitive to sound and light
Fuck this shit. I can't even eat at a restaurant anymore.

I wish autism diagnosis quizzes online made a distinction between social ineptitude and social apathy.

I have no issues with people - I pick up on social cues without the slightest difficulty and can read people/situations. I just don't care most of the time. I'm not socially unaware, I'm just a dick.

How do I know if I have Asperger's doctor user?

There are some, probably.

On the other hand I wouldn't trust the diagnosis of light Asperger too much. I would recommend anyone in a situation to have a second, hell third opinion.

Nowadays instead of Autism and Asperger there is simply ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
As far as I know many people got misdiagnosed with Asperger's, the diagnosis for a beginner doctor is not easy to make compared to full-blown autism.
There is a personality system called MBTI which contains a personality type called INTP. It's not really used professionally, but still many people use it. I read an article somewhere that many INTPs, the introverted thinker type of guys aka nerds got misdiagnosed with Asperger because it was the go to diagnosis for extroverted parents and their doctors.

Seeing so many posts this is to you guys in this thread; I don't really know how you guys feel, but assess your own performance and act according to that, not some shitty ass diagnosis especially if it doesn't have a strong foundation.
Also, everyone has strengths and weaknesses,. Knowing them and improving them is the common goal for everyone.
Don't be depressed guys and gals. :-)

everything but the obsession with InfoSec
i obese more with mechanisms

right now im in employment in IT, doing a bit of maintenence and development on IT systems, and besides the 40 hour work week sucking the fucking life out of me its pretty okay.
with uni i suppose i just didn't deem the potential reward to be worth the emotional, financial and time investment required

yeah i can't stand people eating or tiny sounds such as people tapping their fingers

I hope I am, what other reason could there be for everyone to find me annoying?

>implying they are real
They are just an excuse to legally sell crack to kids.

No. I am dyslexic though

i'm only a nurotic psychopath

Wait what is sound sesitivity? I cannot work with music in the background and can not stop listening to other peoples conversations.

I also cant sleep unless its completely dark and scored 33 at the Autism test.

So is this whats meant with Sound/Light sensitivity?

>So is this what's meant with sound/light sensitivity?

I don't know user, I just recently figured that I might be autistic because it nearly explains everything that is "wrong" with me.

I can work with sound because it's manual labor but I can't be on Sup Forums with music or talk with people face to face with music going, also can't stand bright lights in living rooms or bedrooms, I sleep in total darkness and silence and I sit at the computer in the dark mostly.

Example of this for me was when I was at a dentist and he had rock playing and it made me want to get the fuck out of there, music alone made it unbearable rock just made it worse.

Is it autism or personality? I truly don't know but it seems other people don't have the same problems I do.

This is nice thread.
Mods please keep.

No, although I could have looked less like Shaggy a few months ago.

t. t h e v i a c o m
h (1)
e (1)
i (1)
a (2)
c (2)
o (2)
m (3) (4)

I'm pretty much the same. Never been diagnosed with anything, mostly because I grew up before autism was a thing everyone had, but I score really high on all autism tests and fit almost all the symptoms for assburgers. Though I'd rather not be diagnosed even if I happen to be on the spectrum. I'm really successful and managed to channel my probable autism into something I love and made a career out of it. Wouldn't probably have happened if I had an excuse ready to go for why I can't do anything and why I'm different.

I know I'm elite in the things I love and focus to and don't even care if I can't get all the cues in social situations.

Yeah I feel like there's this wall between me and humankind. I don't make any effort to know people anymore. I had friends but I can't bring myself to care anymore. I drank and smoked my brains out to try and fit in and later when I became addicted but withdrew from everyone and everything. At least I was fearless back then.

The most annoying sound for me is when people leaving their cars press the lock on their key again after locking it "to make sure it locked" and it beeps. It's irritating because of peoples' stupidity more than the sound but I never hesitate to bitch my mom out when she does it as I'm walking in front of the car.

Probably, I was tested for it and did my best to make my psych think he was wrong(and succeeded)

I had to learn social skills, I'm a bit of an elitist asshole, and am very anti social.

I also experience sensory overload when too many noises are going on.

I function fine though, have had several relationships and have a few close friends.

Autism confirmed.

>severe ocd
Only reason i use Linux but to be honest i can't even use my computer as i reinstall about 4 Times a day

Antisocial and Asocial is not the same thing guys

>i can't even use my computer as i reinstall about 4 Times a day

I used to do that, I reinstalled Windows so much in a day that I memorised the CD KEY 95(06397-OEM-0019443-06700) and at the time the CD KEY for XP (which I don't remember anymore)

haha i know all my Windows keys (about 4) and i don't even have very Good memory. If i stop with One thing i just have to do something else, the ocd needs feeding. Been on meds for 2 years so nothing new though

I didn't know, this video seems to explain it well.

youtube.com/watch?v=BGN8bP5uJvM

and describes my highschool experience of being asocial. they used to think i acted better than any of them because i wouldn't socialize with them, when i just didn't know or didnt have shit to talk about.

I've literally no idea what autism is

>a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.

For example, inability to know what you're feeling by the expression on your face a :) could be equal to a :( to someone in the autism spectrum

flashback to when i would go over to my friends house and light fires in his backyard myself. what the fuck? definitely not antisocial in the sense of being "psycho" though.. i regret way too much and worry too much.

>I've literally no idea what autism is
Your social skills sucks, pretty much

I'm on the autism spectrum and I've managed to adapt. I believe autism isn't a handicap, it just means you're different. Once you consider it to be a handicap, that's where you'll go wrong and start limiting yourself.

pdd-nos here.
was told by psychiatrist.
I'm socially isolated, so not very well. there are other things wrong with me as well though.

Sorry to hear user. I wish you the best.

> that's where you'll go wrong and start limiting yourself.

That is one of the problems of diagnosis so early on sometimes, like I said on

>How does it affect your life?
i don't have a job

>Sup Forums: full of depressed autistic sad sacks

A neurotypical person wouldn't be so cruel.

>1
not completely, but I have diagnosed aspergers
>2
test at local doctor
>3
doesn't really affect me as far as I can tell, you gotta rather ask normies on what they think about me

Do something and stop blaming (yourself and others)

I was diagnosed with anxiety and heavy OCD (the kind where you can't leave the house for an hour because I kept stressing that it will burn down the second I turn the corner due to a light switch in a half-position, and where you wash your hands until you scrape off the skin).
I was prescribed Anafranil, Zyprexa, he even tried Xanax, that shit did fuck all. I could leave the house again but once they wear off I'd freak out again and I didn't want to be an addict, so one day I threw all prescription shit in the trash and just battled against my will to tap every light switch in the house 35 times. I convinced myself that it was OK that the house burns down if I leave now, and did it, slowly, but steadily, and when I came home, surprise, the house was still there. Do that shit for weeks and you can get back on good habits.

I'm not saying all mental disorders are pure imagination, especially schizophrenia is some nasty shit, but I think some people just have to be more disciplined than others. You can drug yourself to death with Bars, Ritalin, Adderall, whatever but that won't stop the underlying problem.

I have assburgers, diagnosed when I was 8. It doesn't really affect me much other than my lower education level since I was in spud class until high school which I dropped out of.

However one thing that annoys me to no end is appointments. I have one tomorrow and I'm stressing the fuck out even though there is no pressure. Just any form of schedule triggers me to the point where I won't sleep for the next 28hrs.

What should I do?