Hey Sup Forums, what laptop under $1,500 should I get for college? Probably going into engineering...

Hey Sup Forums, what laptop under $1,500 should I get for college? Probably going into engineering. I've been thinking about pic related, but I'm open to any suggestions.

macbook pro

p50 refresh

Get the new MacBook with touchbar

>spending 1500 on a laptop
You'd be better off getting a cheap notebook and a decent desktop for that price.

I hate replies like this. He said he wants a fucking LAPTOP. Not a laptop and desktop.

MacBook with touchbar

you don't need a laptop that is that expensive for college, op

a refurbished laptop under 200 dollars will due

if you buy a laptop over 500 dollars, you're a retard.

Better that I give him legitimate advice rather than HURR DURR MAKBOOK like most of this thread has been. And what I said falls under his question. He asked for a laptop under $1500; I told him to get a laptop significantly under $1500.

dickhead

engineering so i imagine cad work is pretty hardware intensive
i have no experience i just own two chinkpads, a x200t and a x220 but pic related looks beautiful. i wouldnt be against a macbook and girls will automatically think you're part of the posh club. end of the day you're still on a lmaotop

In all seriousness, you should not be getting an expensive laptop. Ignore the macfuckers, and the gamefuckers because what you need is a laptop that allows you to be productive first. Anything else for a laptop is entirely secondary.

If your laptop costs more than 200 dollars, you are a dumbass and don't deserve college.

under 400 buckeroos thinkpad with i7, 1080p screen....

no need to spend 1.5k

>Hi guys, looking for a laptop around $1,-
>LOL FAGET GET A USED THINKPAD AND BUILD AN EPAK Sup ForumsAYM1N RIG XDDDDDD

Every time. This isn't your shopping advice forum. As an engineering student, you should fucking know what machine to use, retarded prick.

the guy probably has the money for it, and thats a decent laptops going rate. i fail to see what you're salty about.

200 bucks??

jesus punjabi some of us have good enough eyes to see how shitty 720P resolutions are, and others actually need a processor with real power.

But majoring in IT and watching anime keeps ur needs low right

is new macbook pro really worth it? Seems like a shitty premium for a touch bar

that sums this thread up. we did it raddit

That sums this board up.

>thinkpad with i7, 1080p screen

Don't tell me you're trying to meme that retarded chink mod that hacks in a display that needs a daughterboard to go through displayport, that also has really awful flicker due to electrostatic interference.

>hurrr all you need a laptop for is note taking and shitposting
>you don't need one if you're in school and actually want to be able to use programs that require a decent CPU, a decent amount of RAM and that you'd probably prefer to have a decent resolution screen for

Yeah nah you're retarded.

Anyway, OP, if you can deal with the retarded logo on the back and the RGB lighting bullshit, check into the razerblade stealth. It should be on the better end of price/performance in ultrabook class laptops.

Or if you wanted some awful 15'' 5+lb laptop, there's literally mountains of them in the $5-700 range with a sort of okay dedicated GPU and i7's.

Accounting major here. I bought my x230 back in December of 2012. What's a good replacement laptop to do my accounting classes in?

fuck everyone in this thread. these cunts think they know something.

you'd be using matlab, excel, word some cad software a lot. You'd need 8GB and an SSD. The rest of it is whatever you want it to be.

i use an asus ux31 i got for $175

>Anyway, OP, if you can deal with the retarded logo on the back and the RGB lighting bullshit, check into the razerblade stealth. It should be on the better end of price/performance in ultrabook class laptops.

Cover it up with the D brand matte black skin.

If he has the money then why even ask?

Any laptop over $1,000 could support any CAD work you need

Just walk into a store, say "I'm a huge faggot, please grab any laptop under $1,500 and you're done

get like half a dozen of the cheapest chromebooks you can find and put various linux distros on them

Dell Precision 15 7000

nah i got a chinkpad that came stock with 1080p... Digitizer replacements are not something I plan on when i'm buying a laptop lol

T420 from gluglug, spend the rest on a new bike
>learn from my mistake user, never spend more than you need to