Why doesn't AMD have open source drivers?

why doesn't AMD have open source drivers?

or at least have drivers and users can modify and release so other people can use and can get the most out of the gpu.

this could help with their terrible drivers on linux and get rid of terrible driver performance

Nvidia doesn't have this problem :^)

This.
Get what you pay for.

They barely have the resources to write closed-source drivers, dude.
AMD is a broke-ass company.

Nvidia has all the money in the world and doesn't give two shits about open source linux drivers either.

They have their GPU Open drivers or whatever

the entire open source driver stack is a meme with tons of layers of abstractions that sap performance, layer AMD's inherent incompetence caused by years of corporate rot and H1B abuse and you get drivers that can't even compete with their already super shitty closed linux drivers.

errr uhhhh that do?!?

The drivers are a significant part of what makes a product competitive. They wouldn't just freely give that out to potential competitors.

???
they literally have the best open source drivers

>what is AMDGPU

>actively trying to gimp nouveau
Yeah, that's surely not a problem

OP is confusing 'linux driver' with 'open source' driver.

>they literally have the best open source drivers

lol no. intel and all the mobile graphics vendors are leagues ahead of amd when it comes to open source drivers.

seems like its real pajeet hours right about now

not a single mobile graphics vender has an open source driver, except for the reverse engineered freedreno project

That's not open source user, it's got proprietary blobs.

wtf I love AMD now!!

Are you stuck in 2008? Seriously. Nvid don't even release their own open source drivers. AMD release them along with their proprietary drivers, and are planning to actually pull the proprietary component out into userspace so it doesn't fuck with kernel devs.

>AMD
>Fully open source drivers
Kek, no.

>hurr durr proprietary blobs
GPU firmware is *totally different* to driver code and is something nobody really needs to or wants to touch. Linux *itself* typically comes with proprietary firmware for all kinds of devices.
Take your Stallman politics elsewhere.

Maybe if you actually understood how operating systems work you wouldn't give a shit about binary firmware being needed.

>totally different
Only because it's closed source. If it wasn't it would just be in the kernel drivers.

Evidently you don't know shit about operating systems.

I'll show you my university transcript if you show me yours.

Timestamp it with your dick faggot, if you care to dare!

Do it user. Make our day.

Make Sup Forums great again.

No because it's for a different arch and can't run on the cpu