Is 4K on a laptop screen worth it? Isn't it too small to tell the difference?

Is 4K on a laptop screen worth it? Isn't it too small to tell the difference?

4k is a meme

2k is more than enough for literally anything below 50 inch screens

But are you going to settle for ''more than enough'' when you can tap into the full power of 4K entertainment?

Is it the kind of life you want to live?

Except it depends on how close you are sitting to said screen
You can tell the difference between 2k 4k and 1080 when you are two feet away from a monitor

When the fuck are you going to be more than two feet away from your laptop screen

4K in a sub 24" screen is as dumb as 1080p on a normal-sized phone
i dont see the point, and theres not even much content for 4K

Exactly

>spending more than $1000 on a laptop
I can't understand why anyone still buys high spec laptops, all they do is overheat and break. GET A FUCKING DESKTOP (And a low spec laptop for coding whilst you travel etc).

t. Went through several in my teens and early 20s. Never again.

>all they do is overheat and break

It would be nice if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about and used one for more than 2 minutes.

>GET A FUCKING DESKTOP (And a low spec laptop for coding whilst you travel etc).

We have a genius here. Someone fetch him a nobel prize.

high def is a meme

muh reading comprehension
>t. Went through several in my teens and early 20s. Never again.

I owned them for years. I'm never going back. Why pay twice the price for something half as reliable?

>used one for more than 2 minutes
Fuck off kiddo, I guarantee I have more experience than you.

>without giving you any information on my situation, is X worth it?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE learn how to ask a fucking question

Because I don't believe you. How the fuck do you fry computer parts. What were you doing with them. I bet you overlocked it.

Well it's a good job I don't care whether or not some random believes me about my stack of melted laptops in the cupboard. No, not overclocked. I've only done that to desktops with great cooling systems. Keep wasting money on overpriced laptops, it's your loss, not mine.

I've owned a lot of computers laptop included not a single one has fried on me even doing highly intensive 3d modelling and gaming. Last macbook lasted 5 years and my current lenovo is 2 years in still not fried up even after I dropped it from high up with initial velocity and consistently carry it and bump it in a bag, against walls...

Maybe you just need to stop buying the cheapest laptops on the market without reading the reviews before.

4K in general is a meme if don't own a 65" screen, people buying 4K TVs lower than that are complete retards.

To answer your question...yes it is worth it and yes the screen is too small to tell the difference. The laptop screen is basically without the slightest bit of worth, but you could plug it in to a gigantic, much better 4k tv and reap the benefit.

>macbook
This is the reason, they are just better built. I use macbooks now too. 99% of windows "gaming" laptops are plagued with issues. It's not just me, everyone I know has had these issues with a variety of vendors.

>cheapest laptops
I spent over $3k on some of them...

Give me some of the model names you had issues with. Temps always remain within a treshold it's nearly impossible to go above and if it does due to poor build quality then the reviews will point that out.

Maybe old laptops were crappier I wouldn't know since I started buying them 12 years ago. My Inspiron still works today and I'm pretty sure the 1999 gateway would if I plugged it back.

Everone I know that takes care of their stuff keep their laptops for years if not almost decades. This is why I assume you're overlocking it's the only way.

Hes right though. Gaming laptops are just prone to failure. I don't mind though because they usually die out after 2-3 years if you give it proper maintenance during its life time. Who the fuck isn't going to upgrade after that amount of time?

In a room full of friends watching a movie on my 4k laptop, drinking beer and laughing.

Your room of friends are gathering around a small laptop to watch a movie? Get a fucking tv you mong

You should reap the benefits of keeping your dipshit opinions to yourself.

(Opinion=Fact) in this case.

< 50'' = meme

Were outdoors in a park or new apartment or something. Point is tv is not nearby but my Dell™ Inspiron™ 17" 4k laptop is

Then no. If you're just going to look at the laptop screen, 4k capability is fucking useless.

>outside at a park
>watching movies
>friends are over at your new apartment thats not setup watching movies
>something
>couldn't think of any other ideas

Stop trying to make it work. You'll hardly use it for any situations to watch movies with your friends where a tv or projector wouldn't be much better. You think your faggot friends care about 4k ?

I can tell the difference between my note 5 and my stylo and they both have the same screensize but massively different resolutions so yes you can tell the difference