Hp meme

So I found out I'm getting an HP Stream 11 this Christmas for school, would this thing work fine if I removed shitdows and just slapped linux on it? Would it work fine as a schoolwork computer with libreoffice installed?

Assuming its the most recent model with 4gb of ram, something like xubuntu or solus with light memory use could work. but it is limited to 32 gb of internal storage, and comes with cloud software instaleld by default. sure it could work, but at the end of the day its a machine meant for botnet computing

no. get asus x205ta. better in literaly every way

it seems to be implied he doesn't have an option

>Linux on a laptop
>libre office for studying at school
I hope you're never more than a couple of hours away from a charger and never have to use anything but libre writer.

Linux on a desktop can be pretty good, but on most laptops it's trash.

I bought one used last year for dirt cheap and installed Ubuntu Gnome on it. Besides 2GB RAM being a bit cramped occasionally and the built-in wifi being utter trash, it's been a great travel notebook for me. I hear the newer model with 4GB has a different/far better wifi antenna, so if you can get that I would highly recommend it.

I want to get the pink one and put Moebuntu on it.
But I guess blue is workable too

>has 2GB ram on his pc
>installs gnome 3

>4GB RAM needs a lightweight OS
where did we go wrong?

Poojeets and hipsters started writing code.

>being autistic enough to believe this

Ubuntu mate will run great with light multitasking on only 1GB ram.
It uses only 300MB on boot.

Solus uses ~450MB on boot.

Ubuntu uses around 550-600MB.

Linux mint uses ~500MB.

You don't need more than 1GB ram to comfortably use Linux on a facebook machine.

None of these are a full "lightweight" distro.

Theyre cloud based devices, and cloud integration isnt as great on linux.

Leave it with windows 10 desu senpai
You wouldnt notice much of a performance difference when were talking low specced netbooks

i use one
build is pretty good for the money
keep windows on it if it's for school
i installed Linux on mine (Debian) and got
cucked

I got one and it runs worse with linux on it for some reason. I'd just stick to botnet

checked

Don't kid yourself, OP.
You're not doing anything for school that a Windows laptop with 2GB can't handle. You just won't be GAYMIN.
If it indeed only has 32GB of storage, just slap in an SD card or a low profile USB drive.

I'm sorry OP.
Maybe lubuntu would make is usable.

4gb ram in 2016 is poo

Fuck off Tech illiterates.

>being autistic enough to take that post literally

leave windows on it, as it comes with a free year of office 365.

>Would it work fine as a schoolwork computer with libreoffice installed?
You seem underaged so no. You need MS office.

Nothing wrong with it (especially if it's free). Put something with mate on it if you really can't stand windows. I've just been burned by HP in the past so many times that I don't trust them even if they made something decent...

There are actually people autistic enough to believe what they read on Sup Forums, you know.

Which sucks because Sup Forums is now full of tech illiterates who think you need 8GB just for a facebook machine.