I can understand Linux or BSD

I can understand Linux or BSD.

But why would you use ANY (any) Windows other than Windows XP?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11196
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

XP is deprecated as fuck. Try installing a new browser in XP and see what error message you get.

>lack of support for most common softwares
>no more security updates which implies security flaws that will be discovered in 2 years
>directx 9 (not really important desu)
>managing shared folders and network on xp is a mess
>You can install Tiny7 on a toaster

Meh.
Most Linux distros are going to exceed the functionality of it as well as offering a shitload more security.
dx9 is easily doable in wine these days as well.

>Most Linux distros are going to exceed

WHEN?

Windows 7 looks nicer, has better support for modern hardware/software, and can lessen the load on a CPU by offloading graphics to the GPU (Aero).

>But why would you use ANY (any) Windows other than Windows XP?
Maybe, because many software doesn't support anything lower than Vista or 7 due the fact that they use newer APIs then your ancient XP provides?

Apart from that performance and driver improvements.

>Windows>stopped reading right there

XP was never good

>Windows XP
It's trash. It's trash for over a fucking decade.

Anyone who still willingly uses Windows XP should - quite literally - just kill themselves.

right about 3 years ago, install lubuntu user

>lxde
>more functional than windows xp

Only if you're autistic enough to rice your desktop. It's literally inferior in every other way.

>Why would anyone use anything other than XP for Windows

Literal pajeet detected.

>using anything after iexplorer 6

there's your problem

Security
Support to software
Shit interface

I dislike getting my identity stolen so I don't use Windows XP.

Windows PoS 2009 is the same thing, use that instead

Because the distributor does not deliver updates anymore.

And you've had your identity stolen by using Windows XP before?

Why would you assume that your computer isn't more comprimised than a 60 year old asian hooker if you're using Windows XP? You basically have NO security.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Call me whatever you want, I still have your social security number because you're using windows XP.

Newfag here, why are OS updates important for security?

They aren't.

??? Literally everyone is talking about security updates being the issue on old OS.p

Install Gentoo

kek

Only good for vaporware. Things like ancient tuning for older automotive ECU's require ancient software to tune fuel maps.

The shilling is real

there are more browsers than chrome, friend

XP is easy to hack.

Last version of IE for XP was 8. We 11 now.
Edge is of course a no-go as well.
Firefox is dropping support for XP soon if they haven't already.
Most all browsers require SSE2 so if you want to browse the web on your 1GHz Pentium 3 you're stuck with an old version.

Come on dude, you only use IE in XP for getting windows updates and Firefox is good with the ESR release for a while, when they release it.

I'm on POSReady and that is good until 2019 but I really think MS will continue to make custom updates for companies that pay for it and these will be available...somehow

Hardly shilling. Microsoft can barely make money off of XP. Probably just autists being autistic.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>I really think MS will continue to make custom updates for companies that pay for it
What makes you think that ?

Firefox 47 installs just fine, retard. Kill yourself.

Windows Embedded POSReady 2009.

microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11196

google for permanent key.

Support til 2019.
Customers pay for this software so expect support pretty much forever.

>Firefox

OP is right thou