Sup Forums any idea if and how i can connect this with this so i get 5.1 sound ?

Sup Forums any idea if and how i can connect this sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/KDL-55W805C/list with this hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/r-v350.shtml so i get 5.1 sound ?

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

no? only battlestation/gpu/mkg threads now?

Get an S/PDIF+TOSLINK to analog converter box or replace the surround receiver with something from this century.

Note that many converter boxes do not accept 5.1 because doing that over TOSLINK generally requires a compressed audio format. The TV may have a "PCM" setting for S/PDIF in its audio output settings if 2.0 is acceptable, but on some TVs that only affects actual TV content (not smart TV apps / HDMI).

No way dude, that receiver looks pretty old and has nothing but analogue inputs.

At best you could get some stereo out of it.

thanks mate, will try that.

This won't magically grant surround sound on a receiver that only has stereo input you dipshit.

Outside topic, that's a weak ass reciever, what speakers are you using with it? It's even shit for analog one for it's age.

uhm, so no way to get 5.1 on this tv from this av receiver?

i did have 5.1 setup on this like 15 years ago, but i dont remember if it actually gave surround sound or not.

>i did have 5.1 setup on this like 15 years ago, but i don't* remember if it actually gave surround sound or not.
It's Dolby Surround, it's only mixing a stereo signal to 5.1

See all those audio inputs? They're all in 2's right channel and left channel.
There are no digital connections (HDMI, USB, optical/coaxial spdif, etc). So you're limited to 2 channel input.

kenwood's speakers, s-c700, s-f100, s-sr500
well they may be shit, but still beat the tv's speakers
guess im buying some sort of home cinema system then. thanks for the information

Use the stereo output of your source, enbale Dolby Prologic for the 5.1 sound.

>Dolby Prologic for the 5.1 sound

oaky 4.0, happy now...

that tv doesn't even have analog stereo output and a converter won't mix dolby surround

You are fcuked

Yes he is.
He won't be getting actual 5.1 over stereo, just a a mixed 4.0 from stereo.

>Kenwood actually made a 5.1 receiver with no 5.1 audio input
>5 amplified channels and they didn't even bother with fucking analog surround input at least
What the actual fuck is up with this product?

Dolby surround/prologic

Yes, but who the fuck would buy a "5.1 receiver" that's only capable of fake surround from stereo and can't actually accept a real 5.1 sound source? This is like making a "stereo" amplifier with mono input only, it's completely retarded.

actually my tech illiterate father bought it around 15 years ago. now i sort of inherited it. and seeing as i dont have any sound system other than headphones i tought id try it out.

the 2.0 is fine so far.

Should be fine for 2.0, yeah. I see it has a sub output too, that can also help if you're using bookshelf speakers and can get a sub.