ESA, a leader company in space technology is using Windows 7 for developing new satellites

ESA, a leader company in space technology is using Windows 7 for developing new satellites.
>mfw linuxfags are just a bunch of autists...

Microsoft is purposely gimping Windows 7s performance

you have no knowledge about servers whatsoever and you should kys right now before you embarass yourself any further .

would you like to elaborate?

angry lonixfag

A computer and an operating system are both just tools. Seems to work best for this person's use cases. Nice to see Windows has a use other than playing video games.

>Sup Forums is a board where people argue over tools while working with neither what they defend or what they're attacking

how do i upvote

>doesn't even remove Internet Explorer and Media Player from the task bar

I guess my autismal desire to watch out for irrelevant details like these mean I don't invest enough of my brain to what actually matters?

tfw the us goverment uses seven because it takes years for all of the testing and patches and edits that go into the images they use on their computers and the us goverment chooses a platform that the vast majority of citizens are familiar with. theyve still got a lot of systems that use xp just because they cant be bothered to do the testing that would enable them to move up to another OS.

they probably didnt give him a choice. if he doesnt have the admin rights required to install a program and he doesnt want to get bad paperwork or better yet fired for fucking around with the image he was provided then he doesnt have a choice. internet explorer exclusively.

this nigger still has ie and windows media player in his taskbar wtf

ok youre right. that is inexcusable

As an actual engineer who works in the industry, let me clarify some things to NEETs here.

1) Nobody but autists cares what they use. Give them gentoo they will use it. Give them windows 98 they will use it
2) One of the most capable engineers I've met does calculations on windows 10's calc.exe and a pen. No matter your knowledge in matlab or fortran, a guy who knows the important crap will still be the Project Leader, while autists will do the spineless monkey work
3) Any relevant CAD software is made for windows. In the rare case that it's not windows exclusive, the linux port is a feature-starved bullshit.
4) "BUT THERE ARE FOSS LINUX ALTERNATIVES" - When you work 60 hours a week you don't want shit that kinda works. Shit people will take Catia over Creo or vice versa just because it works slightly better in that one particular thing you need for the current project. FreeCAD and other basement projects are nothing but to test if your new 3d printer works.

we should burn him at the stake and before he dies from that have him drawn and quartered for not giving a shit about his task bar. what a travesty.

Any possibility for a CS major to end up in that sort of a company? I'm doing pajeet tier web development and the arguing over which tool is the best is not really my slice of cake. I just want to solve problems and make things.

>BUT MUH OUTWARD FACING WEB SERVERS

Uh I can only think of developing in-house software.

Same ESA that crashed sonda on comet and Landrover on mars?

ESA uses Linux too on workstations for AI, robotics development and in the control room.

NASA is a bunch of gaymer faggots

we all know space isn't real, they might as well use Macs to edit their fake pictures andmovies

Most design work (CAD) is done on Windows. 98% of the analysis is done on Linux.
t. Lockheedfag

you mean while not working at all.