Try linux user, it's easy to use

>try linux user, it's easy to use

you fuckers memed me hard. I'm unable to install programs that won't appear in the software center and I can't compile for shit, I try following tutorials step by step and shit just doesn't work. Right now I have the same functionality as a chromebook. I hate you.

>in b4 retard
not everyone had a lack of life to be a full-time autist growing up

Install Gentoo

>it's your fault that I'm stupid and can't use Google or learn anything, Sup Forums!
okay

Nice blog.

>software center
Use apt-get retard

This, there isn't a single distro that has a good "software center".

> trying to be edgy and not use windows or macOS
> upset because you're trouble shooting skills are shit and unable to accpet responsibility or use this as a learning expereince.

Stick to macOS and let the genius bar wipe your ass

your* inb4 nazis

>literal NEET for a few years
>learn nothing about tech, just use windows for gaymen
>start using linux when I start going to college
>works fine, can fix problems fine, can learn just fine
>go from kubuntu to debian netinst with openbox in the course of a few weeks
You have no excuse. Retard.

Sure it takes a fair bit more effort than a GUI, but it's worth it in the end

>not impressing girls with your abilities to globally wrangle petabytes of data with ease from your battle station

S Y N A P T I C

same boat when I tried Debian switch to Ubuntu but still having issues setting up Wine for literally 1 program. Beyond that doing alright having issue compiling source code for drivers. I just want to be an art fag god damn.

Is this bait? Cause this looks like bait. What the fuck are you trying to install exactly? what distro are you using? Give some god damn details, stop acting like an incompetent faggot, and we might be able to help. And any group that makes software worth installing will provide instructions on how to install. Sometimes its as simple as downloading a deb file and running it.

>Sup Forums
>help
lol

You either post your distro and what programs you wanted to install, or you are a troll.

-
-

-
--
-
-
-

user you are the only one with enough patience to help. Wish the friendly linux thread would actually be friendly and help.

>>go from kubuntu to debian netinst with openbox in the course of a few weeks
Why?

Hey, I'm all about helping people figure this shit out. I've been Linux-only for the past 3 years. I just hate when people have one bad experience and decide to make a "FUCK LINUX" thread.

Because ricing is fun, and using a graphical enviornment and workflow I set up mostly from scratch feels nice?
It sounds like hes unablbe to figure out how to install something not listed in the ubuntu software center.

Different guy, but also new to Linux. How are you supposed to know the exact name of the package you want?

google " "

tfw too fucking stupid to install arch

I need some help, I appear to have subscribed to some faggot's blog by accident and I don't know how to unsubscribe. Can anyone help?

shift+click to hide threads in catalog

search related words, parts of the softwares name in isolation, etc, or just google if you want it instantly
or browse the categories in synaptic or pamac or whatever, but thats probably only good if you'd like to get a general sense of whats available too, itd probably just be painful if you just wanted to find one particular thing.

Or if your OS isn't complete shit,
pacman -Ss [thing you're after]
Or to search nearly 40 thousand ready to install packages
yaourt -Ss [thing you're after]

its pretty clear he didnt know what he was talking about so i just handed him the easy way. solus isnt that bad, in fact its the only os that works both of my gpus flawlessly and its software manager is so simple but advanced enough that i still dont actually know what package manager it uses. i guess every os other than arch and arch derivatives are complete shit though lmao

Fuck off normie scum
Go buy an ipad faggot

apt-cache search

now, at least on debian, you can just go 'apt search'

Antergos.

kek I literally installed arch linux on a thinkpad by following a youtube vid and I have had 0 problems I couldn't sort out by asking Sup Forums and I have 0 experience with linux

Install gentoo.

kek

Synaptics is breddy gud

The fuck are they doing to that poor doggo?

They rescue her backwards.

Arch is a meme. Time sink like Gentoo. Even if you waste a year of your life and get it to work, you will sit there looking at your screen wondering what to do next. Because the optimizations don't do shit for a regular user.

So people who waste time on these distros are clinically insane and should be removed from the gene pool.

this
the Software Center in literally every distro is Buggy and clunky.
Even on >muhUbuntu the Software Center freezes when more than 2 programs are in que for installing
And thats on an i7 6700k with 16GiB DDR4.
Lubuntu and apt-get for life

whoa there edgelord
Sorry for having a different preference than you

Just use synaptics wtf I wrong with you people

You cannot deny my points. In the end what do you do with it that is so different from say Ubuntu or Windows 7?

Simply dumb shit you wankers do to waste time because you are all unemployed losers.

also pretty new to Linux, I understand OP's pain.

OP i recommend you watch a youtube video on how to install things from sourceforge github etc

it admittedly is a pita compared to the Windows way sometimes

The bright side is you don't have to watch your package like a hawk or end up with a new search bar or malware.

also most "big" programs are very easy to install if you run Ubuntu or Mint

>falling for the Linux meme

The software centres I have seen from ubuntu and co are minimal curated garbage that don't even have a fraction of what the repo has available. I don't understand how they could throw that shit at normies and expect them to find shit without synaptic or whatever it was called.

i'm not him but I installed a bloated Mint distro on my old laptop last night, replacing a finely tuned unbloated Windows 7 (i know windows very well i'm in my mid 30's used windows since 3.1)

computer is dell 6500 laptop with 2 gigs ddr2, core2duo, beat to shit 180 gig hdd... and it's like a whole new machine

able to stream videos with no stutter, boots twice as fast, wifi connectivity is way steadier (it's connected immediately when turned on unlike windows)

battery life literally doubled

linux brought my windows 7 computer (shipped with vista) back to life

mint 18 MATE 32 bit fwiw

the backwards swimming in the end gives it away