/hpg/ - Headphone General

Memeheiser Edition

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Custom-Street-Headphones-Black/dp/B00UK7ZQXO/
blog.teufel.de/news/technologien/noise-cancelling-kopfhoerer-was-dahinter-steckt/
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RYYHSEQKOO7RC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are your thoughts on the headphones you posted, the 598 Cs?

Harman Kardon SOHO for 35, is ok just for a gift to a girl??

Girls care a lot about how their headphones look, and those are ugly as sin.

get her beats

Pardon my newfagness, but what's the matter with the memeheiser? Is it one model only or more?

its tinny and veiled

I see. thank you good sir

I fucking love these.

its shit and ur waifu a shit

I've been ruded

Elighten me then feg

Honestly I'm just assblasted that mine came defective today so I'm joining the hivemind train

hello
i'm not very knowledgeable with audio stuff, so i was wondering if i someone could recommend me a desktop dac+amp. my budget is about 150usd and my headphones are sennheiser hd 380 pros (if that matters)
many thanks

Bose Soundtrue.
Either full teal or teal/black.
Worked for me.
Then after a while she'll get curious about those Audio Technica/Sony/Audeze/Sennheisers you are using and the comparison of sound will blow her away.

Micca Origen +
Amazing DAC/Amp combo, best form factor of any cheap smaller combo.

What's the best cord for a pair of headphones or IEMs?

I have few IEMs with kevlar cord and the thing was great for about 4 months and then it acquired "memory" and now it's fucking impossible to keep it untangled. It always forms weird knots even when I use them with my computer and never fold them. WTF is going on?

Anyway, what' the best material for the cord? Silicone maybe?

That feel when the bruise in your left ear canal will never fully heal because you aren't about to go 2-3 days without sticking these in your ears.

Just superglue them into your ears.

Good thing I dodged that c bullet.

Thinking of coppin these for on the go use

amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Custom-Street-Headphones-Black/dp/B00UK7ZQXO/

Will I fit in with the Technica and Beatfags?

I-I actually like mine. only time will tell if they break but for now they are pretty good $100 headphones

Version 3 of the tier list

/hpg/'s boogeyman zeos just reviewed these
if you want low end they're a good option

add HM5 u nerd

cool thanks m8, just gotta wait for my 598Cs refund

>no HD 201

oredered those 598 cs for $80 usd, can't be that bad for the price.

At this point im sick of updating the tier list, if anyone wants to pick up where I left off that would be swell

>$100 headphones
huh? where can u get them for $100??

> 201
> Not the superior 202
kys

in the past

Black friday familia, there might be a similar sale on cyber monday, better check in a few hours

They were 100 USD on amazon earlier

In your time machine.

Any recommended IEMs? Preferably under $200.

How do my trusty a900x compare?

I honestly can't believe they're still alive. The pads are falling apart and I had to tape up the cable after a naughty pupper got to them.

OKAY YOU FUCKING RETARDS I NEED A CONSENSUS HERE

WAS THE 100 DOLLAR PRICE FOR THE 598 CS A GOOD DEAL AND ARE THE HEADPHONES WORTH IT OR WAS THERE SOMETHING BETTER FOR SMILIAR OR CHEAPER PRICE

I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON

get Xiaomi Pistons Hybrid for under $20. They beat most over $150.

They're really dark.
HM5's or M40x + HM5 pads are better.

Fuck off. Pistons aren't even that good for /csg/'s standards.

i wont get mine in the mail till tomorrow, but i honestly don't see how they could be that bad. they're just the closed back version of the highly rated 598's.

okay, suit yourself. waste your own fucking money.

They're only similar to 598's in name. Everything else is different down to padding material.

they sound better than my m40x but arem't built as well.

Better wasted on an actual quality good, rather than fucking Hybrids
Even the earlier pistons are better, not that I'd buy those either.

I agree with you on that second part, the durability feels weak. However, one user said his m40x sounds better than his 598Cs but he could have just been another memer

apparently they're closer to the HD 569 or 558 which are also good.

you're delusional and don't know shit. suit yourself. you can now stop replying.

>no HD25*

I'm sure I am. I'm not the one suggesting 20 dollar shit IEM's to someone with a $200 budget, you fuckin spud.

Even ED9's are better.
Hybrids are just mud cannons.

i was told the Custom One Pro was shit by one of you

wtf are you doing on here? why are you wasting your time when you know everything?

seems to me that you're just trying to confirm your biases.

I remember getting klipsch s4's and they were really good. Unfortunately looking at amazon reviews it seems they have fallen off.

Aren´t the DT250 fucking expensive and need an amp?

He's probably an AKG pony

People either say they're shit or they're great

I don't get it with the custom one pros

My ATH-PRO700MK2 are starting to disintegrate and im looking at replacement to take with me to dj gigs. I prefer to have isolation on my headsets.

Im looking at Sony MDR7506, Seinnheiser HD25 and ATH-M50X. if anyones got another recommendation, id like to know the name so i can test them out on my next visit to the music store.

They are if you leave the ports on full or completely closed. Otherwise they're great. Good platforms for modding since theyre pretty easy to take apart. Stock pads are a bit shit, but other than they're similar to DT770's, but have less highs. Mids are kind of more present, but have a larger upper mids dip than 770's.

Crispy

From all the stuff Im hearing, they are worst than the 558
the 558 is still the best in its price

>wtf are you doing on here?
Replying to you
>why are you wasting your time when you know everything?
I don't but it's great you think that highly of me.
>seems to me that you're just trying to confirm your biases.
What biases?

The HD 7 DJ go for like 130-150 bucks now that Sennheiser discontinued them
Supposedly they're made for DJs. Sound signature is bass heavy with treble rolled off to avoid hearing fatigue at high volumes. Also comes with two different cables and two sets of earpads.
They might be nice for DJing, I don't know. Used them for a year as my daily headphones and they were alright.

If you have big ears you might as well get a refund.

They have this weird thing in the drivers that sticks out that will rub the tips of your ears and drive you fucking crazy.

looking to add headphone/mic any suggestions?

I came to my senses and did some slight tweaking

DOPE

What's the difference between the DT990 Pro and regular DT990? Do I have any reason to return my 598Cs and get those instead while they're on sale?

*any reason to NOT return

just noticed the custom one pro label is off, fuck

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No difference at all except looks and the pro version comes with a coiled cable instead of straight. Sound is the same.
Return them and the the DTs.

Who else /sentthatshitback/

I'm not stupid, I bought the hd558

i don't buy headphones without frequency graphs and distort charts

If you like your 598's, no. 990's have very bright highs. Low end is good, but the highs just ruin them for some. 990's will be more detailed though.
From reviews so far, 598's are a lot darker.

990's are completely open too. Depends on if you want that or not.
Either way, return them and get something better. HM5's are a lot nicer of a headphone if you want neutral closed.

>DT990 Pro and regular DT990
Edition version has a bit less clamp than the Pro model. Pro design is a bit less adorned, more plastic. Edition should be available in a wider variety of impedances.

>Post yfw you didn't buy the 598 Cs

> Falling for the (((Sennheiser))) meme
> Any year
Nah senpai I'm too good for that.

>budget
100-120$

>location
eu but i can get stuff from u.s

>source
desktop computer w/ onboard sound

>Open or closed
i'm not really sure, i'm open to recommendations of both

>Comfort level
i'm gonna attach a mic on it and use it for both music, voip and gaymen stuff so i'd prefer if it is above average

>Sound signature
I don't listen to bass heavy music so i don't want it to be bass heavy

>tfw falling for Sup Forums memes and loving them
IPS, mechanical keyboard, perfect sensor mice, $1 mousepads, HD600, etc. have all been great.

I owned a HD598 from last year and they're still okay. Is it worth it to get a replacement or should I still keep them?

Really thinking about it. As posted in the other thread.

They almost sound exactly like their cheapo HD 201 (lowest end ~20€) just a little bit clearer.

While they are advertised as (passive) noise canceling they do shit. And don't get me started on that awful sound leaking which is a joke for closed cans. And yes, there is passive noise cancellation/isolation. Hope your German is good senpai.

blog.teufel.de/news/technologien/noise-cancelling-kopfhoerer-was-dahinter-steckt/

e.g. I've been using Philips SHP9500 for quite a while now. They are perhaps the most open headphones I ever had. It's basically like having speakers right next to your ears, the noise pollution is that bad (i.e. it's leaking sound like crazy). And since they're open build, the noise cancelling is nonexistent. The thing is the 598Cs leak just as much as the SHP9500 which is a bloody joke for closed headphones. It was also the only reason why I have considered those. To avoid sound leaking and have at aleast decent noise canceling. THE ONLY REASON WHY A NORMAL HUMAN BEING SHOULD BUY CLOSED HEADPHONES. It's the only advantage they could achieve and god do the 598Cs fail in this regard.

If you want decent noise canceling & no sound leaking you have to go with actual Studio/Monitoring/DJ- Headphones with no soundstage and super linear sound in general, unfortunately.

Also, 99€ for them is a joke... 229€ an even bigger one.

Sennheiser 558 or Phillips SHP9500 for open. 558's are more comfy, and 9500's are a bit colder. if you have the money get 558's

Brainwavz HM5 for closed. Amazingly comfortable, great isolation. Very neutral.

Also, what type of mic? Modmic? Zalman?

No point replacing them. They're still a perfectly good headphone.
Hell, I have DT770's from 2007 that are still fine.

You're as dumb as this guy that reviewed them: amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RYYHSEQKOO7RC

If you wanted headphones with Active Noise Control, then that's what you should have ordered, retard.

>the 598Cs leak just as much as the SHP9500

No they fucking don't, not while you're wearing them.

>base
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nowhere do they advertise noise canceling.

>While they are advertised as (passive) noise canceling they do shit
They aren't advertised as noise cancelling, you fucking melon.

>To avoid sound leaking and have at aleast decent noise canceling. THE ONLY REASON WHY A NORMAL HUMAN BEING SHOULD BUY CLOSED HEADPHONES

dumb dumb alert

ordered dt 880 pro's yesterday.

Did I fuck up?

Anyone have?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna check all those out. As for the mic, I've heard Antlion is good but they're pretty expensive compared to zalman. One is 50$ one is 5$ like wtf. Is there a huge quality gap between two?

how many ohms

No. They're the most flat Beyer headphone.

two fiddy

>One is 50$ one is 5$ like wtf. Is there a huge quality gap between two?
Eh, depends on what youre using them for. If youre just using it for voice comms or shitposting over skype, you're fine with the zalman.

Look up mic tests on youtube. It'll give you a vague idea.

I heard that the premiums have a different sound than the pro's is this true? People are saying the pros have a more refined bass and less bright high end treble

anybody know any cyber monday deals coming up

there are no fucking deals it's a scam, and any deals that they happened to throw out to all of the peasants gets sold out instantly.

The 250 ohm pro is the only one on sale, priced at $110 right now. I've got a UX1 to power it, I checked the archives and apparently someone has the exact same setup and it worked fine. Is that a good price?

can someone explain what the fuck tubing is and why some nerd is saying his cans sound best through it?

What? What's wrong with that?

The only pro points Closed design has over Open design is the possibility of noice cancelling/isolation and minimising sound leakage.

Some would argue for bass but there are also open cans with great bass.

Are you like dumb?!