Do you use "natural scrolling"?

Do you use "natural scrolling"?

Yes, natural scrolling combined with Apple's god-tier trackpads make every other option literally garbage.

No

>natural scrolling

Also known as reverse scrolling? And no.

I use reversed scrolling on my Asus laptop.

I use trackpoint + button3.

Yes

After using hackintosh for some time I set reverse scrolling on my main Windows desktop because it's comfy af. I don't use it on trackpoint though.

I decided to try it and now I can never go back to regular scrolling.

>natural scrolling
Now that I think about it, it actually makes more sense than normal. I don't own any apple device, but if you push any mouse down, it goes down.

Shouldn't it be the same for scrolling with the mousepad?

Nigga what

"classic" touchpad scrolling imitates a mouse scroll wheel
"reverse" scrolling behaves like a touchscreen, it lets you drag the page

I prefer the latter

Not really, when you push the mouse down while dragging a scroll bar down, it makes the image on screen go up, even though to make something move up you'd normally have to slide up in the same direction.

But I do agree that it's a backwards way of thinking and I also dislike inverted joystick controls, I always want up on the stick to be upward motion on screen.

I keep my trackpad deactivated

No, feels unnatural. I prefer the one where the right side of the touchpad scrolls.

I have a MBp 2012 and "natural Scrolling" hurts my brain.
Moving 1 finger up and down makes the Cursor move in that direction.
Moving 2 fingers up and down makes the page scroll the oposite direction with "natural scrolling"

I simply reversed it in the Settings, now ist amazing!

fpbp

I'm using an acer chromebook 14 and it's as comfy as an apple trackpad.

Why would you waste your time scrolling at all when you can use PgUp and PgDwn?
I have them bound to buttons on my mouse.

yes

Chromebook trackspads are just as good desu
I'm on an HP Chromebook 11 G1 and it's really accurate.

>I have them bound to buttons on my mouse.
If only a wheel existed for that

no i use a mouse with a scroll wheel why am i even able to select that

How about a mouse.

Yes. For the record: I am not Apple customer.

As I'm old enough to have used computing devices without a touchscreen, no.

No, the attempt to link the supposed onscreen material with the trackpad as a physical manifestation fails due to the tactile sensation of the touchpad being confined to glass.

More simply, when I'm scrolling over an image like this, I don't feel fur, fabric, soft hands and a quietly insistent heartbeat, but the cold frosted surface of my unfeeling computer.

The disconnect is not ideal.

I just enabled it for my trackpad and it's hurting my autism

?

Yes, works fine on my Asus laptop.

Yeah apples so great. I wish they would make my life so it wouldn't be such a piece of shit. Oh well, I guess I'll have to continue blowing them for free on an Internet message board.

Great post user

It's the interface version of the uncanny valley.

This

How does your mouse not have a scroll wheel lmao

Like nigga just get a new mouse, stop living in the 80s LOL

only makes sense on touchscreens

when i move a scrollwheel down, i think it's natural i want to see content that is further down, aka, i'm scrolling the viewport, not the "page"

The wheel is slow and I use it for small adjustments.

No

How about touch screen? :^)

Garbage compared to a mouse.

No. i use scroll reverser to make it normal so my trackpoint isnt weird.

>Drag up to go down
>Drag down to go up

why would anybody enable this retarded shit for a laptop?

Yes

>Do you use "natural scrolling"?
Yes. Because it makes sense. I have a tablet, a smartphone and also an audio mixer board and they all have one thing in common: if you move your fingers up, content should be pushed upwards.

Retarded Windows/Linux are the only two instances where this does not work.

I modified my Win10 install and Linux to use natural scrolling and it's all unified now.

I can see how some prefer it because that's the same way it works in a phone too
But yes it's dumb

Using a trackpad doesn't feel like using a touchscreen to me at all

what thinkpad is this, seems like xx20 generation but without touchpad wtf?

This. Makes the Mac touchpad feel more like an offset touchscreen.

user, why are you here? You are clearly not autistic.

>Using a trackpad doesn't feel like using a touchscreen to me at all
That's because you have shit imagination.

Probably its a picture of one of those standalone thinkpad keyboards

Sometimes. Most of the time, though, I have my trackball plugged in, and I just use the scrollwheel on that.

I just configure natural scrolling. I hope I will enjoy it.

I turned it off as soon as I got my first MacBook a couple of years ago. I just prefer it off.

no. trackpad isn't a touchscreen

Yeah the trackpads on chromebooks are a really underrated thing about them. Chromebook trackpads are more accurate then the trackpads on even $800 windows laptops.

>push up
>the page moves up (i.e. you move down but the onscreen movement clearly resembles an upward movement of the content)
>pull down
>the page moves down

What is so difficult to understand?
Basically, this way you control the webpage and not the scrollbar

>Basically, this way you control the webpage and not the scrollbar
THIS!

this is what clicked for me. you want to control the content, not the fucking scroll bar.

another protip: remove scroll bars from FF/chromium wiht a plugin or just make them really thin to regain some screen space.

Yes I used it to view this thread

>more accurate then the trackpads on even $800 windows laptops.
Isn't everything?

Yes, I use a magic trackpad right now and it's the normal thing.

I mean shit. Do you scroll up expecting the page to go down on a tablet for instance? this is the same fucking thing.

What I love is how smooth it is to be honest.

>Just tried to do the 2 finger scrolling on my 1 year old gaming laptop
>shit works

wtf Sup Forums why didn't they advertise this? even the 4 fingers to bring up open applications works

this nigga gets it

This. What's Apple's rationale for calling it "natural"?

In nature, if I put two fingers on something and pull them down, the thing moves down along with them.

Why is it supposed to be natural that it moves the other way?

As much as I agree with you on that.

Apple just likes to be fucking different for no reason other than to keep their slogan: "Think Different."

Since they make all their products the same, that's the only way it works.

My nigga, using a chromebook 14 as well.

notice that without "natural scrolling" if you drag your fingers down on the page, you "scroll down" but the page actually "goes up" to show you the lower part... dumb fag.

i don't get why "natural" scrolling exists

before smartphones, the way people manipulated screens was using the mouse wheel, which, when rolled down, made the fucking page go down.

while it makes sense on a smartphone, it never made much sense on my trackpad. and i own a macbook pro, so i'm only being halfway a faggot.

No. Though I would invert the y-axis on game controllers.

Google calls it Australian scrolling.

I use normal scrolling on this laptop.

But I really miss the chiral motion scrolling of my old laptop.

No.

My head personally doesn't register down movement as up and vice versa. So I have it turned off so up is up and down is down.

I press down the middle TrackPoint™ UltraNav™button with my thumb and while enjoying premium 3mm travel time, I gently pull the red TrackPoint™ nipple woth index finger towards me, this results in smooth sursor scrolling through my script lines in vim.