Apache vs nginx

Hello /g entleman
i have just purchased a Centos 7 server
i want to Web server with database and PHP7
What is the best Nginx or Apache?
what are you using?
and for what ?

i am loooing for owncloud or nextcloud but it can't work on Nginx ( data can't be write ... >< )

Other urls found in this thread:

fimafeng.yggdrasil.gdn
nginx.com/company/the-nginx-name/
digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/apache-vs-nginx-practical-considerations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>owncloud or nextcloud
>can't work on Nginx
>data can't be write
>go fuck yourself

I have a psersonal OwnCloud who work perfectly with nginx fimafeng.yggdrasil.gdn

-nginx
-mariadb
-php7
-debian 8.6

And of course, choose nginx.

Why ?

lighttpd

>I have a psersonal OwnCloud who work perfectly with nginx fimafeng.yggdrasil.gdn
>perfectly

Give us a test account so we can test it.

Using Apache for your own little private cloud is like using Windows Server for some little webhosting.

Nginx is event driven and has better performance. It's now the most popular web server on the top 1000 websites.

>php7
ewwwwwww

okey thanks for your feedback =)
Can you show me your virtual host nextcloud nginx ? please
Just to understand what mistake i have done

what php module do you have installed ?

>Using Apache for your own little private cloud is like using Windows Server for some little webhosting.
IE About all it's good for.
Then every home dabbler goes on to become a sysop.

How do you prounoince nginx?
I say engine-x

nginx.com/company/the-nginx-name/

NGINX (pronounced “engine x”)

>How do you prounoince nginx?
>I say engine-x

en - ginx
Sue me

The differences between Apache and nginx are not as gigantic as you presume, especially considering the number of bogus benchmarks out there that use improperly configured ancient versions of Apache. The real answer is "use whatever server you are more comfortable with".

Now, if you forced me at gunpoint to pick a server, I'd have to go with Apache. In my experience, nginx is indeed slightly faster at serving up static content, but it's only a tiny gain. The differences when serving dynamic content are negligible.

In addition, nginx has two major drawbacks that I remember:

- nginx is bloated. Most of the modules are compiled in, and the ones that aren't use an incredibly gimped dynamic module system that uses signature checking because the developers were too lazy to do the legwork of implementing an ABI (which incidentally also makes it useless for distributing modules outside of a distro repository). For example, in Debian, if I want a version of nginx with UWSGI support, I need to install the "nginx-full" package, which also brings along stupid shit I don't need like the mail proxy and XSLT transformation support. At least with Apache damn near everything is in a dynamic module and the stuff I don't need I simply comment out of the configuration file and Apache never dlopen()'s it in the first place.
- It also had this really annoying defect where try_files did not respect aliases, and I ran into issues trying to serve dynamic content out of a subdirectory because of this.

Engincks

en-gee-eye-en-ex

I pronounce it "retarded faggot shit".

Which one is the most "vanilla" of the two?

MUH HTACCESS

nginx, learn to not be a scrub.

nginx. apache is for pajeets

>hurrhirr bloated
Then compile from source without any modules you don't need.

nginx

and youre cuck if you pick apache

>mariodb
Why not mongodb?

>mongodb
more like mongoldb

read this
digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/apache-vs-nginx-practical-considerations

tl;dr
nginx as reverse proxy in front of apache

For me it is the McChicken. The best chicken sandwich.