What was your worst troubleshooting problem?

what was your worst troubleshooting problem?

Not being able to open selected file with spacebar key. And I use windows since 2000.

Broadcom STA drivers on Trisquel.

A colleague of mine had beige tint on his monitor.
He didn't use a color calibrator or anything, it was just beige one day.
Me, working in the IT department couldn't find out the problem.
I think we just reinstalled his PC.

It haunts me still to this day.

I have a similar problem, where on my laptop which have color calibrating, when calibrated and opening the default photo viewer program, there was a teal tint. Ended up switching to another program.

My desktop has BitLocker. One day the machine just shut Down as I was typing the password in the prompt at boot. Ever since, it would shut Down if I held Down too many keys at once, or pressed the keys too rapidly after one another.

In order to boot the computer, I had to type my ~20 symbol password, 2 Seconds between each keypress. Sometimes it would shut Down just because i have to hold Down Shift to get the Caps.

Because this was before boot, there were no logs to check or really any Diagnostics to run. Also, how the hell do you Google for something like that?

I actually solved it after many days of searching. Turned out I wasn't the only one. I don't quite recall what I did, but it was a simple setting in gpmsc or regedit or something. Weird as hell.

Boot loop

What was it?

Recently? My Raspberry Pi refused to boot properly unless I had a usb plugged into it.

Overall? Not sure, maybe the hardware wifi switch that is dependent on the Windows OS on a spare laptop. Was hoping to use it as a streaming device but the wifi is completely disabled until I put windows on.

I... didn't know you could do this i always pressed enter. Really? and I've used windows since 3.1

i don't have windows right now, can you really open selected files with space bar?

Not the same user but I just tried it on w7. Nothing happened. Might be because of bblean though.

MoBo supported SATA hot plugging, tried to use it in Linux without installing drivers. File system was gone completely. Managed to recover some major data files thou.

ubuntu decided to fail on me today, after a good few months of stability. it showed the login screen for a few moments, and then went to a black screen with the cursor. after looking around for a bit, all i had to do was remove systemd and install upstart. it's running fine again now, should've just installed gentoo

It's normal on linux. I have arrows on left side of keyboard. What is more you can press selected buttons on windows with spacebar.

Wifi in general. Chasing ghosts

Anything dealing with Linux. When it works it's great. But God do I fucking love kernel updates and video drivers

Arch

Installing a DNS server for the first time with Fedora

nah, i'm on my work computer and it isn't doing a thing on windows 10

A PC that kept developing random problems. For a while it was random reboots and crashes. Then it was freezing during games. Then it would randomly not detect PCI devices. I think the problems started when a PSU burnt out unexpectedly, and its replacement did the same (turns out it was enermax using conductive glue). I sent the motherboard off to get repaired twice but I think the PSU burnouts damaged the board (later discovered the power connector was scorched) and my graphics cards.

I ended up building a completely new PC when it completely stopped POSTing

Trying to fix some poor guy's broadband connection that kept dropping out even after sending 5 replacement routers and probably twice as many engineers.

(used to work for an ISP)

Accidentally deleted EFI partition.

Multiple tablets losing the wireless connect when other devices were not. All it says is limited connection. P.S. its a school district with aruba wireless and hp pro tabs. Still dont know why the keep droping