Ok mates, after the deep disappointment of ubunto 9 years ago i'm giving linux a chance. ElementaryOS this time

ok mates, after the deep disappointment of ubunto 9 years ago i'm giving linux a chance. ElementaryOS this time.

OS is nothing without software, so if u know about great programs let me know.

also some commands lines would be nice, im a complete noob here, how not to panic

Other urls found in this thread:

ryanstutorials.net/linuxtutorial/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try ubuntu mate.

Elementary OS is for idiots.

U fucking piece of shit, this is the first time I'm actually replying to your shit "Is this the new desktop thread?" question. I've always held myself back but now I
just can't handle it anymore. You're a fucking piece of shit and should seriously kill yourself because NO, this isn't the new desktop thread and NO, THE DESKTOP
THREADS ARE OFF Sup Forums BY NOW YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT. You're even pretending to be fucking female even tho you probably have a dick, please kill yourself already,
you have a serious mental disorder, nobody can help you and your pedophilia anime fetish. SO FUCK OFF, YOU'RE PISSING OFF EVERYONE HERE AT Sup Forums. I WISH THE MODS BANNED
YOU OR THAT YOUR FUCKING TRASH PC FILLED WITH ANIME PEDOPHILIA DIES ALREADY. Please don't every try to reproduce either with a male or female you fucking imbecile.
You seriously make me so mad every time you post over here you fucking mentally challenged neckbeard. I hope you're aware of how everybody hates you over here and how
much of a moron you are, you fuckong cuntbag. You probably still live in your mother's basement and I hope you fucking know how much of a dissapointment you are to your
parents and how much you should be ashamed of yourself and your stupid question and riced weeaboo desktop. So fuck off and never come back cause I will find you and
when I do, I will wipe your stupid hard drive and all shit that's on it and I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong or make you kill yourself so you'll
finally end this stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF ALREADY. KILL YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING, JUST DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING SLICE YOUR THROAT YOU FUCKING UGLY ASS
PEDOPHILE! THIS ISNT THE NEW FUCKING DESKTOP THREAD FUCK OFF THERE ARENT ANY DESKTOP THREADS, STOP POSTING ALREADY. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK
EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF!!!

should we tell him the command lines?

You should install Solus.

hi

Hi

dont reply to her kevin

I'll reply to whomever I damn well please.

A good place to get your feet wet with the cli is codeacademy, if you're a complete beginner.
It's not good for morning but it's nice to learn syntax.

Don't listen to the Solus shills, other than that feel free to try different distros.
Remember that the desktop environment isn't strictly tied to the distro.

It appears what you want is a mac. Just buy one.

install windows 7.

Solus would look really good on that machine.

Fuck off, Shill.

I'm not shilling, I'm just saying the truth.

> Packages: 1636

Holy bloated shit

eOS is ubuntu with a desktop enivroment, the software is the same

That's nuffin.

>Using a Debian/Ubuntu based distro

What is the most productive and useful desktop environment? No solus/budgie memes here.

Budgie on Solus.

I said no memes.

It's not a meme.

Xfce was. If they fix their shit it will be again. Until then perlpanel and openbox with mc or whatever.

Most distros come with pretty much all the basic software you would want. Just try to use it for some time and google if you need something. If you want to start using terminal ryanstutorials.net/linuxtutorial/ is pretty nice

>Facebook tab open in midori
What makes you think he's not an idiot?

Gthumb: image organizer.
Pidgin: can do skype and other IM (chats).
Chromium: I bet you use Facebook, and this is faster than Chrome.
Megatools: MEGA client for the command line.
JDownloader: Download everything, even youtube vids, easy.
Hotot: Twitter desktop client.
GPRename: Batch renamer. Actually I use qmv (from rename utils), but is command line based not a GUI like GPRename.
ANGRYsearch: Search through your files lightening fast.
dupeGuru: Duplicate files removal.
PeaZip: File archiver.
AcetoneISO: Mount ISO files as they were a hard drive.
PCManFM/SpaceFM: Two great file managers. I also use Ranger, which is terminal based.
LinuxDC++: Download from the direct connect protocol so you won't cry over what.cd.
Nicotine Plus: Soulseek client, also to download your shit.
Kodi/Popcorn Time: Media center, to stream and watch movies/series.
Transmission-daemon: It has a web interface browsing localhost:9091
GnuCash: Keep track of how much money you save by using libre software.
QtTrader: Monitor financial markets.
Sound Juicer: rip CDs.
DeaDBeeF / Clementine / Audacious (with the winamp skin): music players, pick your poison. I use MOC with custom layout and custom theme myself.
Le Biniou / projectM: Music visualizers.
Easytag: Tag editor, you'll thank me.
GIMP/darktable: Image editing, darktable is more easy and very good,
Krita: Draw pictures like a pro.
Inkscape: Alternative to photoshop.
Handbrake: Transcoding for your videos.
LyX: Drop M$ Word, this is so good for academic papers is almost a crime. Is a LaTeX editor.
Scribus: Professional style document processor, create magazines and other publications.
Okular: Fancy ebooks viewer.
Zathura: Minimal ebook viewer.
Calibre: Nothing escapes from this, can open almost any ebook.
Anki: Flashcards software. You can download many already created by the hundreds.
FreeMind: Mind mapping tool.
LibreOffice: To open, edit or create anything from spreadsheets to word documents.

Word count reached limit.

not op but fuck thanks, need gthumb and jdownloader and hotot and darktable (fuck gimp holy shit) and inkscape. this list is going in my notes

we were all thinking it but he said it out loud

try ubuntu bro it's gotten much better. it's the best out of all distros in experience, in free software philosophy it's not but i just use it because it's the best

Mind sharing that wallpaper op?

One thing you're gonna wanna install is Adobe Photoshop.

OH WAIT

u got a new monitor! 4k! which one?

Elementary OS is nothing more than Ubuntu without bloat shit and with a faggot desktop. Works fine if it's what are you looking for.

Who else is hyped as fuck for that VN?

OP here, thanks ude!!! this is what i wanted, the APPCenter seemed full of android level apps.

OP here. ok mate, ill try the last version of Ubuntu. thing is... i still have that bitter taste of the last time i used it... I was all day in the command line and could not install the printer.

Hopefully this are a bit more user friendly.

Here you go. this is actually a 1080 pape with no noise

I know, i know. facebook is so lame right, i personally hate it, but damn 60% of my clients i get from there.

OH WAIT, you just need WINE for that

autism: the post

>Adobe Photoshop
For those dank memes, amirite?

Don't use elementary, it's broken shit cobbled together by retarded children.

a few that comes in my mind (you probably has a lot of crap preinstalled like libreoffice or green is my pepper):
smplayer+smtube to watch youtube without a browser
youtube-dl to download videos and music from a gorillion of sites (youtube, vimeo, bandcamp, soundcloud, redtube etc)
midnight commander for GOAT terminal file manager
qbittorrent or transmission for torrents
hexchat for IRC
dosbox for running dos programs
mpd+ncmpcpp for playing music from terminal
audacious if you liked winamp

Anime is not pedophilia trash, but yeah, I agree with the rest of your rant. Hell, anybody who doesn't agree with it doesn't belong on Sup Forums.
>...
God damn it user, don't abuse the ellipsis so much

Getting to the point. Ubuntu? I don't personally recommend it - Mint might be more up your alley.