I'm stupid and I broke the pressure pins where the cooler is held when I went to clean my PC and change the thermal...

I'm stupid and I broke the pressure pins where the cooler is held when I went to clean my PC and change the thermal paste.

Apparently, nowhere in my city seems to sell this blue piece thingy I need to substitute.

What to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4SR2C15047&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories - CPU-_-9SIA4SR2C15047&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CGcKX-yli8fuAT6LVO3nn3qGZfGvzmZXdd3liG9LTAhoCGhvw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
silentiumpc.com/en/spartan-pro-he924/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

measure, design and send to 3d printer service?

The best thing to do would be kill yourself for being such a fucking retard.

Board looks old as fuck.

Consider upgrading components

For starters, (You) have too much thermal paste.
You should be able to buy a replacement bracket for a few neetbucks on feebay.

Holy baby jesus thermal paste wtf

Your image made me so uncomfortable, why is there so much paste?

This.

OP, you're stupid in more ways than one. You obviously put too much of the thermal paste on the CPU. The thermal paste just covers up the cracks inside the metal casing so heat dissipation is more even.

Thermal paste isn't some magic cooling heat super-conducer that can transfer heat faster from the CPU to the cooler plate than the CPU surface and cooler plate actually touching.

Remember, the cooler is taking heat away from the CPU.

Man you're reminding me of the first time I applied Thermal Paste. I drew a Star.

My brother just facepalmed and told me to get some fucking Q-Tips. Good times:

Oh , I just thought it was supposed to cover the entire thing

Well thanks

It is supposed to cover the whole thing, but with an as thin as possible layer.

Just put a small blob in the centre of the chip, then put the cooler on.

>blob

Let's be specific. About the size of a pea

Like you are "Technically" suppose to do for brushing your teeth, just a dab of the stuff.

The blue piece thingy is called AMD retention bracket. Just get one from ebay

You don't really need the cooler. The thermal paste will dissipate the heat just fine.

They just put heat sinks on from the factory for that cool "whooshing" sound that the fan makes.

Trust me dude.

Don't listen to him. That doesn't work with all pastes. You can damage your CPU. It will work with liquid metal paste, though.

Alternativelly, there are coolers that don't need to bracket and attach into the holes on the motherboard. You could get one of those, upside would be more silence.

For example SilentiumPC Fera 2/3 (not sure if you can buy that in USA). Using that and it's pretty nice and cheap.

Woah. Are those wood screws?

this
you might even be able to pull one from an old board

I always thought you were supposed to cover the teeth

Yeah, but then only take the top part, not the bottom, which might be specific to your motherboard's layout.

No, there is a support piece on the other side that they screw into. It is fairly robust usually, more robust than usual Intel mobo I'd say.

Ignore everyone else on this board. Buy a cooler Master hyper 212 evo. You completely remove that blue piece and replace it, plus you get a way better cooler. It's like $50. Problem solved plus upgrade.

zip ties

I saw a Pentium 4 with that treatment.

linus fag tips did it with a $20k xeon once fir the views.

I had to call a local mom and pop computer shop, and they pulled one of a old motherboard in their junk pile...good luck.

Yeah, or if you have some wider contacts, try to ask people around.

they used to sell those on newegg.

This shit is so stupid. Why do you people think the thermal paste has any effect on the space between the heatsink base and the heat spreader? Is your thermal compound a piece of metal?

OP just get another bracket from another AMD board or get another cooler so you don't have to use that thing.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4SR2C15047&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories - CPU-_-9SIA4SR2C15047&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CGcKX-yli8fuAT6LVO3nn3qGZfGvzmZXdd3liG9LTAhoCGhvw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

>$20k xeon
Doesn't exist

every third party after market CPU cooler needs you to remove that anyway so just get a 212 evo

Not all of them.

what ones actually play nice with that ugly hunk of plastic shit?

Cheaper ones generally I think.
I considered this one last year, before opting for another with the hole mounting.
silentiumpc.com/en/spartan-pro-he924/

Too bad, because this one would be usable with AM4 boards in future.