Build Rate

This is my first time building a PC. I'll probably use it for:
Light gaming (Mainly LOL, Starcraft, and emulators)
Web Dev. & coding.

Ratings/comments please.

pcpartpicker com/list/yyMpzM

>6800k with a cuck50 ti
lmao

We have a general for this, shit for brains.

drop the 6800k, and get the 6600k instead, and use the extra money to buy a 1060 or rx480. I'd get a less ugly case too but that's subjective.

No i7. Get i5. use money to buy better graphics card and get cheaper mobo.

He's playing LoL, Starcraft and emulator.
He needs better CPU than GPU

OP here

this is what I thought too.

Again this is my first time so would someone explain why
and
are suggesting I move from

Rank 34 -> 11 GPU and
Rank 67 -> 257 CPU

according to cpubenchmark? Especially since my current GPU ,GTX 670MX, in my laptop, can run LOL on high?

cause you save money and are able to buy an already good performing tech but with the extra cash you can reinforce where you are weaker

The 6600k will be plenty for any game out there, so you might as well spend the extra cash on a better GPU.

are you literally retarded?

>Light gaming
>Web Dev. & coding

He obviously is not overly concerned with the AAA gaming performance.

Go back to kid

You don't need a 6800k for programming and web development. At all. If your program is so big that you need the extra 4 threads 6800k has over the 6600k you should just get a Xeon 1231 instead, or at the very least a non-k i7.

You can also save on the CPU without buying a GPU. Keep the money for something else, like extra storage for example or as backup if something breaks or later replacement.

i5 6600K would most likely be more than enough for what you do for nearly half the price.

Just because you don't do anything that can benefit from the extra power of the 6800k doesn't mean no one does.

I assumed since he was going for the 6800k in the first place he had a fairly good idea that he would be able to put it to good use.

I frankly don't care what he does with it.

OP Here.

In case anyone wants to know what I was thinking when I picked these parts. Feel free to correct me.

Mobo:
I know nothing about what makes a good mobo. I think I want ATX since it seems to be the biggest and will allow me to upgrade later. The rest of the differences seem negligible.

CPU:
I've always gone with Intel and close to the top of the line because everything seems to run smoother when your CPU isn't the bottleneck of your system. Also, I don't want to replace this for around 4 years since It's one of the most expensive parts on the machine.

CPU Cooler:
I have never water cooled a machine, but all of the problems with my old machines seemed to come from over heating. So let's freeze this one and see if it lasts longer. Also this one is rated as quiet so that's a plus.

Video Card:
I really only need this thing to support 2 monitors, watch videos, and play LOL on high. I'm pretty sure they are all over kill for this. I'll just pick one that looks like it was top rated 2 years ago and it should be fine, I can always upgrade later. Oh yeah AMD = driver crashes and Nvidia = flame thrower. Driver crashes are far more annoying than over heating and hopefully my case will take care of the heat problem so let's go with Nvidia.

Case:
It's on sale. It's top rated for cooling and sound. It's a full tower so I can fit any upgrades in it. The side compartment is very useful for cable management. It's got plenty of space for HDDs if I need more room for torrent drives. It's aesthetically pleasing.

Power Supply:
Out of all the knock off power supplies I've seen, none of them have caused a problem so this really doesn't matter. Just pick one that is modular and has enough watts to power my build.

Seems a bit heavy for light gaming. Why not just drop the card?

Dude you aren't going to use that CPU for your web dev/coding. Just drop to a i5 6600k or something. I could build a better computer for 1000 that playing 1440p high. Go do some research or copy a top rated reddit build.

>Why not just drop the card?
because the 6800k doesn't have a GPU.

sick b8

>he thinks he knows exactly how OP uses his computer
top kek, just go back to already as you've already been told.