Help me out Sup Forums

Help me out Sup Forums.

Went into college to be a good boy, picked computer engineering. Got a fucking sick job on my first internship, got to actually do actual work, and was mostly responsible (~75% of the code and design) for the implementation & deployment of a very hyped up RFC protocol. Not gonna say too much more because muh dox.

Internship term ended, job told me to keep working part time while I finish school, I took it and I'm pumping out >25 hours on a part time contract. I'm not even attending any of my classes except for mandatory labs and I'm on pace for all As or A+s still.

Boss told me the full-time job was mine whenever I wanted it but that he wanted me to do management later and says I can't do management without the piece of paper from the school, so he told me to just keep working part time until I graduate. The funny part is I'm already (unofficially) in charge of my team (3 people in my team, 75-100 tech company) doing R&D.

What do Sup Forums? I'm tired of learning about the Java meme (esp the front end garbage I don't ever intend to deal with) that I already know and re-learning basic concepts because pajeets can't understand basic programming/engineering concepts.

Help me out here Sup Forumsuys, do I drop out and stay a software monkey for the rest of my career or do I suck it up for another year and a half so I can get into management? For reference, managers, IT Director and CTO still do a lot technical stuff so it wouldn't become a paperwork job.

Get the paper, get management. Climbing up the ladder gives a sense of accomplishment and a bigger paycheck. Don't hold yourself back because it's easier. That is, if it really is easier, burning yourself out before graduating is a great start to becoming a neet.

Getting a manager position means barely any work. Congratulations on achieving the dream.

The real reason I'm struggling is because I'm just not learning fuck all from the classes I'm taking (either stuff I've already learned on my own or while researching on the job) and I'm tired of throwing my money at the school when I could be working full time and working full time instead.

don't know why I typed that twice at the end

It's only a year and a half nigger

>throwing my money at the school
But you're gonna get it back if you graduate fast enough

If your financial situation allows it, you should finish school and secure yourself that management position.

You still get to work in the company, you get to have a degree as a backup in case something happens to the company. Basically listen to your boss and you're set, it seems.

Don't be a dipshit, it's a year and a half to get a leg up for the rest of your job at that company. If you're really not learning anything from it then keep doing shit on the side to stay interested.

Don't fuck it up OP

Financial situation is a part of it. My dad used to help me out with rent before I got a job, and then he fell on some tough times because he basically got fucked by his accountant and doesn't have money to help me out anymore.

I always hated leeching on my parents anyways and told him it was fine if he wasn't able to help me out anymore (and it was, when I was working full time) since I could pay for myself, but now that I'm only working part time I've almost maxed my loans to be able to pay for school, and I'd feel too shitty to ask my dad for money.

You get your degree. That job is not going to be there forever, and a degree will help in your future.

>Studying sucks!
Yes. Finish it now, so you never have to worry about it again.

>managers, IT Director and CTO still do a lot technical stuff
they dont, especially middle/senior management

As a background I'm 24 with a master's in software engineering and a diploma in management and leadership from the CMI in the UK. I work for a start-up and manage people a good bit older than me and make more money. It helps that I'm an award winning researcher in my niche field. Stick with it.

> year and a half
That's literally nothing.
Get your paper, take more advanced higher-level classes that deal with neural networks or something.

>take more advanced higher-level classes that deal with neural networks or something.
literally one of the things I do at work

You'd be surprised about the management here, they do have to deal with the paperwork and other garbage that comes with the job but they spend a pretty fair amount of time doing real work

Tough it out at school. It's not very much more time. You'll be thankful later. And anyway you shouldn't be in such a rush. Try to enjoy college.

I bet they all suck your 12 inch dick as well

All the money you've already thrown at it will be for nothing if you don't get the paper.
Smartest thing to do would be to suck it up and finish the degree.

You are the dumbest, luckiest person ever, you big dumbass. Study and finish college.

Think about it this way; if something fucking happens to your job position (say the company goes under, etc) what are you going to do? Nobody is going to fucking hire you because you don't have a degree.

If school is that easy, then just finish. Your parents fucking want you to finish. Who cares if you're a financial burden? They obviously don't. They fucking put up with your dumbass for this long; what's another year and a half? Who cares if you max out your loans? Every other American did the same and they're still fucking alive. Also, if you leave and don't get the piece of paper, then you're not getting the management position. That simple. That's what your boss said.

How the fuck did you get chosen for this position? It just sounds like you want to make this stupid-ass decision so badly. It's scary that your dumbass is gonna be in charge of other people.

JK senpai, it's all good. :3

this x3
think long term, like 10-20 years from now.
not one or two years after you graduate

So CE is a decent field then?

>Help me out here Sup Forumsuys, do I drop out and stay a software monkey for the rest of my career or do I suck it up for another year and a half so I can get into management?

You troll-ass motherfucker.

You already know what you're supposed to do. Fucking show off.

le humblebrag post