What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Centered trackpads are copyrighted by Apple, so other PC manufacturers need to slightly off center them.

thanks for the lines i couldn't tell what i was looking at before

>ma they're posting retarded shit on Sup Forums again

truth in numbers

Where are all the right aligned trackpads, Is it because the optical drive is there?

The worst part about this is your left hand constantly brushing over the touchpad

>Centered trackpad on keyboard so its not in the way when typing
logically is the answer

Fuck off I thought it was funny

It's centered relative to the keyboard, which means minimal hand movement from keys to pointer. Same concept as the track point.

QWERT to its left, YUIOP to its right. it is at the center, relatively to the letter keys

You better see a doctor then because you have downs.

If your keyboard has a numpad, it makes sense to be there. Otherwise it's just bad

>trackpads

Wouldn't it make more sense to center it relative to F and J?

It's centered relative to f/j so your palms don't rest on it while typing.

bump, i need more info on these common consumer laptops

she looks so stressed out

After using the clit mouse I can't even use a trackpad anymore.

some things are better for older people

She just found his boyfriend cut in pieces inside a bag.

The trackpad is actually properly centered this way. Too bad that both aren't aligned with the screen, but that's difficult to do on a laptop.

Essentially you want to have the gap between G and H (which marks the center of the main keyboard block you're typing on) lined up with the center of the screen. This is definitely optimal for touch typists, but even hunters and peckers will benefit from this. For optimal results, a touchpad should also be lined up accordingly, this just mimics how the trackpoint on Thinkpads is located between G, H, and B.

Centered with the letters of the keyboard.

Looks like they could've fit a whole extra column of keys along the right.

but this is the trend with laptops, no?
all I wanna know is if she's a keeper or a looser...
my keyboard position in respect with the monitor looks the same

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

No MacBooks have this problem. Its the reason why they're such top innovators everywhere.

>he doesn't touch type
Whew lad.

This is how it's supposed to be. See the F and J keys

10/10. Upvoted. Also, be careful how rounded you make those corners!

too much programming for your hands?

I never understood the point of having the trackpad slightly to the left. Wouldn't it be more optimal for right handed people for it to be on the right? I don't use a laptop anyway, so.

I have zero problem with offcenter keyboard on laptop, i even specifically seek laptops with numpads because I feel neutered without it

you thinkpad autists are basically as bad as macfags when it comes to this "design" shit

>he doesn't live in shell
Mice are for plebs

>every recent laptop keyboard except macs and thinkpads
>palmrest and trackboard is 1 foot to the left

What the fuck is with this bullshit claim?

Because Macbooks and Thinkpads don't have numeric keypads. Most other laptops do, so they shift the trackpad to be centered with the main keyboard. Some early laptops that included a keypad did have the trackpad centered in relation to the case which caused people to rest their right palm directly on top of it.

Every claim Sup Forums makes about Apple is bullshit.

So your claim is also bullshit?

My asus were like that though, my left right palm hand touching touch pad. Had to disable touchpad to type. Dumb design desu senpai

it is...