Installing Manjaro Linux for my web server and file server

Installing Manjaro Linux for my web server and file server

AMA

Do you duck cocks?

What made you choose Manjaro over other Arch-based distros, or just other distros in general?

There's only like 3 notable arch-based distros, and manjaro is the only one that comes with supported drivers so that "it just werks"

When their thrown, yes.

What hardware?
Post your rig, fgt

Also i think pacman is by far the best package manager for Linux. Faster to use compared to apt, not as bogged with non-free shit like yum, and has way more documentation compared to slackpkg
AYYMD A10 with 64gb ssd, 3gb ram. Basically left over shit i needed some use for.

>their

>There's only like 3
>There is only like 3

>thinking i care about grammer in a shitpost thread on a seelandic lolidom-sharing board
:^}

C;

>Thinking I don't care about grammar in a funpost thread on a Chinese claymation board.

why do distros do this?
windows doesn't
osx net install is faster
burn linux
burn

Are you a retarded homosexual?

It's not gay if the dicks don't touch!
I assume it's to get a smaller file size for the .iso

>using a shit clone of a bleeding-edge distribution (Arch)
>using manjaro, a distribution known for instability
>using a bleeding-edge distribution for a server of any kind

... are you a retard?

>only one with supported drivers
manjaro uses the archlinux repos. dumbass.
>not bogged with non-free shit like yum
the archlinux repos are full of non-free shit

Not an argument

considering the purpose of the server is as a web server and a file server, you don't need the latest and greatest. especially in a web server, stability is wanted more than bleeding-edge.
as a file server, assuming using a samba share, there is only a need security updates and patches along with knowledge in how to setup file security.

is that argument enough?

I get ya, and i wouldn't be using a arch-based distro if it wasn't for pacman, but considering the wiki itself runs on arch (supposedly), and considering manjaro has always been as stable as any other Linux system I've tried, i see no problem with using.

i understand what you're trying to say, and lemme tell ya something.

bleeding-edge doesn't mean unstable :^)

Unfortunately security often comes in the form of bleeding edge / rolling release.

In a perfect world, you could rely on security problems being back-ported to your stable distros. In reality, that doesn't happen as often as it needs to. Developers of important libraries just silently fix security problems and release updated versions without going through the channels to get security issues identified and fixed in stable distros (personal experience reporting a gnome-wide security bug). Often times problems are known but never get fixed (e.g. remote DoS bug in Apache was never fixed in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS despite being known for years).

Why are you using a rolling release for a file server? Are you planning to keep all the packages up-to-date or are you just being a meme?

Just get CentOS and be done with it. I am not even a RHEL fan, and I will admit that you really can't be CentOS when it comes to generic web server/ftp server etc.

op saw "man" and went for it, the nutty homo

>arch on servers

Just apply for a 24/7 IT helpdesk already if you love troubleshooting so much

>not just using fucking Debian

aka "That distro you use when you want to make a file server and/or web server."

>There's only like 3 notable arch-based distros, and manjaro is the only one that comes with supported drivers so that "it just werks"

Supported drivers for fucking what? It's a web server. There's no webcams, video cards, wifi chipsets or touchpads to fuck up here.

It's called a contraction. If you want to get anal, you shouldn't start a sentence with there is. Again, this is a shit posting site not a scientific journal or grammar class.

It should be "there are". Many people use "there's" instead of "there are", even though they would never say/type is instead of are outside of a contraction.

He probably meant 'it auto-detects video card drivers'
or in other words, OP is a cock-gobbling dingleberry who can't $pacman -S xf86-video-intel without the help of a babby package manager

Muh sftp is slow. How to solve it?

i've been running arch on a web/mail server for the last 3 years without any trouble

Kontata or Kagami?

I'm glad lucky star will never be forgotten

stop being a retard, manjaro detects those hybrid nvidia/intel laptops and does the setup needed

why do you need a desktop environment for a web/fileserver????

It's a minimal install; no DE included

>arch-based
>minimal
Try again, champ.