I'm out of the loop Sup Forums, why do we hate Firefox? Why should I, a recently former IE user...

I'm out of the loop Sup Forums, why do we hate Firefox? Why should I, a recently former IE user, avoid it and use a different browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
webmshare.com/play/RAE86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's slower for me at loading webpage and HTML5/canvas performance, it's hard to find a reason to use it when you can just use ungoogled chromium.

>I'm out of the loop Sup Forums, why do we hate Firefox?
Because mozilla has semi-recently decided to
>actively start removing used features or options from about:config, sometimes without technical justification
>bundle firefox together with “addons” for proprietary services for no apparent reason (other than receiving money, presumably)
>throw out XPCOM/XUL, shafting a shitton of addon users
>start forcing mandatory addon signatures
>invest all of their money in “women's outreach” programs instead of the actual browser
>try to imitate chrome as closely as possible, to the point where they throw out all of the things that made firefox better than chrome
>ship performance regressions version by version

Mostly I just stopped using it because they removed support forr addons like pentadactyl, without which I could not even consider using firefox.

But secondly I stopped using it because it was just so fucking slow and sluggish that even IE inside wine would have a laugh.

Firefox used to have customizability going for it, which is the only reason people ever used firefox over chromium. But seeing as Mozilla is removing that as well, you may as well be right.

For us hardline browser powerusers there's no choice but to start using something third party like qutebrowser and friends.

We don't. It's just shills from Google trying to make it look that way.

Because it's slower than Chrome and Edge.

FF vs Chrome - 30 Random sites
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
FF vs Chrome - 11 News sites
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
FF vs Chrome on bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
FF vs Chrome with uBlock
webmshare.com/play/RAE86

Enjoy.

Any of those done on e10s?

>tfw my addons automatically disables e10

>we
newfag

Think you're tough, kid?

Slow af
Most of the addons I use don't work with multiprocess
They're getting rid of xul
I've embraced the botnet and switched to chrome

both firefox and chrome piss me off for different reasons and so do their nightly versions and ungoogled versions and pale moon and chropera and vivaldi and internet explorer and edge and minimalshit browsers and text browsers

i use seamonkey which also pisses me off but it pisses me off the least so there you go just use what pisses you off the least

chrome/chromium sucks
firefox sucks
every fork of chromium and firefox sucks

time someone starts a new project

This. We've reached maximum browser bloat.

Chromium/Chrome is as good as it will get.

Firefox when it came out had to compete with an incumbent I.E. It was possible for the open source community to beat it. Now that community will have to beat multibillion dollar companies actually focused on making good performing and secure browsers.

overrun by SJW and you see the end results.

>hint: the results are shit

>actually focused on making good performing and secure browsers
false

>Slow af
>Most of the addons I use don't work with multiprocess
>They're getting rid of xul
These three 2bh

but embracing the botnet is still stupid, there are plenty of other good browsers that aren't made by a spyware giant

>Chromium/Chrome is as good as it will get.
haha, good joke. stock firefox is still better than that google garbage browser will ever be

can't even render fonts properly

Stop making shit up to fit your agenda.

I switched to Pale Moon on both Windows and Linux. It doesn't have all the small little features that the latest Firefox has, but it's lightning fast and luckily all the necessary plugins and add-ons I use seem to work

>recent former IE user
>recent

>we
?

chrome master race