Why are there so many pointless apps on phones?

Why are there so many pointless apps on phones?

They don't have much offline functionality, fuck, smartphones are useless without an internet connection.

Do they even actually help save bandwidth?

Why don't they just focus on improving their mobile sites instead of loading our phones with GBs and GBs of garbage? Half the apps on an average person's phone could just be used from an internet browser just like on a PC.

bunch of MBA's hire pajeets to code apps because they can then apply for VC funding for their already shitty ideas.

It's a never ending circle jerk.

Someone trying to get an extra check definitely sounds reasonable for how pointless half these pieces of shit are.

give 2 examples

I'd say it's this, plus all those shitty free to play games that have saturated the app stores. They're all colorful and kid-friendly so your fucking kid downloads a hundred of these apps onto your tablet and makes a bunch of microtransactions without your knowledge.

pretty much, copy rinse, repeat

yeah, it's easy b8

Any social media app, any cloud-storage app, any streaming app.

Really anything that needs an internet connection to work has no real reason to be a piece of software that sits permanently on your phone/computer.

This
The facebook app takes up 500mb of space or more
Chrome even with all its caching settings on, only uses 300mb, and i can use messenger without a seperate app

Which also pisses me off, why on earth did they make messenger into a seperate app

facebook disabled sending messages from its mobile website

the functionality was there but they disabled it so you'd download their messenger app

Facebook is the absolute worst offender here, the app can get as big as 800MBs in my experience, and on top of that they have the separate messenger app, groups app, pages app, every single individual function of the site has it's own separate app.

And to make matters worst, it comes pre-installed as bloatware in most phones, and you can't uninstall it without rooting. Google and it's own G+ service does the same shit and that's ALSO pre-installed in basically every phone and it's another 0.5-1GB of space wasted on things you never use. And they don't even have a mobile site for things like hangouts which I actually would really like since Hangouts is pretty cool.

Phones are in at the moment, everyone and their dog wants to make money from apps. So now we have an oversaturated as fuck marketplace, also bloatware happens because app developers pay the manufacturer to preload these apps onto their devices.

Music, camera, podcast and drawing apps are the only offline apps I use. It is severely crippled without internet connection, but luckily I have some use cases that make it not completely useless.

I might have exaggerated with the "useless" statement. But that's even worst, because all the space the pointless apps take is space that could be used for actual useful apps and multimedia content.

But you don't get chat bubbles with chrome and Messenger doesn't use that much ram...

But Chrome is a real memory hog.

Whats a better browser?

They could probably make it work if they actually wanted and the development was focused on mobile sites rather than apps.

(Besides I don't use Facebook's messenger, and I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that Google's own Hangouts doesn't have a similar system).

I'd argue that cloud storage from the browser can't sync automathically ì, but then again I disabled the auto-sync on my phone and use cloud mostly to retrieve stuff for read-only reasons.

You probably couldn't, truth, but if you just wanted to access the files and not sync things back and forwards you shouldn't need the app.

also i don't think you can upload/share files straight to then cloud storage if you use it through a website.

Brave with its bubble thingy or Lightning+

>They don't use Metal for Facebook

Why does there have to be an app for every big website? Do you REALLY get a better experience with the App than just browsing using your browser?

You know what i hate even more
(((iphones))) start with 5+ gigs of unremovable bloatware
if you buy an 8 gig device you can only install 2-5 apps

Depends. I certainly have a much better experience browsing Sup Forums with Clover than the mobile website version offers me.

Seriously? What the fuck do they need 5GBs of stuff pre-installed for?

Truth, but that's because vanilla fourchingcheng is pretty barebones to begin with, even in the browser.

>I'll hand over my credentials to a third party

>Why don't they just focus on improving their mobile sites
Most websites have amazing mobile sites, people just use apps because they're taught apps are what you should use