Is it worth getting a tablet when you already have a smartphone?

only for reading

I dont use my nexus 7 2013 more now that i have a 5.5 inch phone and ereader

I got a Nexus 9 LTE tablet for work, reading, shitposting on Sup Forums and Sup Forums and pretty much everything else. I use my OPO only for texting and the very rare phone calls (since I even work using social media groups)

My nexus 2013 stopped charging after 1 year of use. It also has no expandable storage which fucking blows. Would not recommend.

Depends on certain things

what things

Tablets are useful for controlling your home music system and smart home. That way you don't have to hand guests your phone or give them access to your PC.

Nexus 7 2013 is pretty comfy for browsing and controlling things with apps like Kore and transdroid

on how much a slightly bigger screen matters to you
because that's the only thing better about a tablet

If you not read manga, then probably no.

I got the 2012 Nexus 7, still good for reading, but it's starting to shit the bed for most other stuff.

Get a Nintendo Switch when it's out, if you're using it for media purposes only that is.

8"+ tablets are nice for comics, manga, and .pdf files.

why would anyone buy a tablet?
why dont people use laptops anymore?

cheap tablet to ooga-booga with for the sake of bigger screen: yes
expensive tablet: no
tablet with bt keyboard if you are expected to sometimes do office work on the go but you don't want/cannot have a laptop/netbook: yes

Funny you would post this since I'm literally browsing from an old ZTE zmax that I use as a "tablet" at home.

Not for me. I had these grand ol plans for one and now I just use it to read PDFs and comics which is rare

Depends.

A few years back in college I used a tablet and a BT keyboard rather than lug around 40+ pounds of books and notebooks.

Now I'm using a 7 inch tablet with a sim card as my daily driver(I'm quite tall, so it fits in most of my pockets and doesn't look too oversized, and if it's someplace nice I have a nice leather-finish cover and just leave it on the table like a notebook.)

If you don't play video games they take up less space and you can use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse if you really need it. They're also way, way more portable unless you have a tiny netbook.

Cheap Lenovo (~$70) user here
Didn't regret, great for watching shit and general media consumption

sucks it will be a refresh of a nvidia shield but lock down and you wont be able to use it for much

Is it worth having sex if you already got a blowjob?

Depends on what you'll be using it for, I read a lot of mango so get a lot of use out of mine.