>2016
>using harmful software

Other urls found in this thread:

storageservers.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/ata-over-ethernet-a-strict-no-in-data-center-networks/
youtube.com/watch?v=Noi9GidqHgo
harmful.cat-v.org/software/ruby/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is gcc harmful?

I only run organic software on my PC

bloat

web cancers is toxic enough, I don't need cancer from the other direction
well, he debugged himself eventually
/thread

It's a total clusterfuck that follows the motto 'more is better'. Even Stallman agrees it's fucked and wants it replaced with clang.

>tfw made the switch to acme

If only he was alive to see what javascript has become today

is it harmful to alias head to sed 11q?

Why DjVu over PDF that shit is awful and nothing can read it

You should use plaintext formats for everything.
>we can still open and view 40 year old text files
>struggle to open propriety formats that are a less than a decade old

Ok, I'm fucking triggered. Why is Vim and Ruby harmful?

bloat

People are going to be pissed at having C++ or considered harmful, but the real question is why the fuck is UTF-16 still a thing? I can (hardly) understand legacy software, but come on even the 3DS uses it.

There are still people mistaking it for the best compromise between size and required computation power.
In reality, it's has the downsides of both UTF8 and UTF32 without the upsides.

Also a number of worse reasons.

>2016
>still referring to that crazy cuck that offed himself

100% agree with this.

AoE
>storageservers.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/ata-over-ethernet-a-strict-no-in-data-center-networks/
Wew Lad.

the fuck is wrong with pthreads

>Golang
>less harmful
All of my keks

Just give up on opening docx files with other """Office suites""" than MS Office.

uriel killed himself because he realized that he had already wasted 10 years of his life pretending to be a software hipster. he didn't really give a shit about free software or freedom, he just wanted to be a contrarian.

Use GCC, if you value your life.

> all the software and all the ideas from plan9 are great. everything else is harmful and sucks.

Try being less opinionated

If you followed go development at all you would understand.

F

ITT: people who don't understand why harmful software is harmful.

Uriel's argument wasn't that you should never use any harmful software ever. Harmful software is harmful because it's designed in a way that fetishizes features instead of focusing on simplicity of implementation and adaptability of simple yet powerful tools.

Plan 9's philosophy of building tools was that of a good lathe instead of a swiss army knife. A simple mechanism provides several use cases, yet doesn't try to shoehorn itself where it's not appropriate. Uriel appreciated such design and that's why he considered them less harmful alternatives to commonly used things he considered to propagate harmful habits.

Harmfulness isn't a boolean either. All code is harmful, some of it just sucks more and some less.

Shut up

Unfortunately, Plan 9's tools are below the complex-enough-to-be-useful-at-all threshhold.
Uriel debugged himself when he recognized this.

3 4

we have a board dedicated to threads like this, it's called

>NFS
Why?

woah this guys dead

>All code is harmful
>Uriel's argument

wonder if he killed himself in the same way. Stay dead, loser.

Why all the good people die so early? Is it grief? is it the realization that life is mundane and predictable?

I have often wondered if we have reached the pinnacle of civilization and this is as good as it will ever get.

hi aiju

depression is a real illness. many people are simply not sound of mind when they resort to suicide. they needed help and it did not come in time.

you only have to look at the edgy faggots in this thread to understand why people are reluctant to seek help.

If Uriel hadn't died the Go community wouldn't have fallen prey of SJWs.

>good people
Is hypocrisy that good?
He died because he was a clusterfuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Noi9GidqHgo

there is nothing wrong with SVG

>listening to anything a lolbertarian has to say

There is literally nothing wrong with private roads

harmful.cat-v.org/software/ruby/

can't find anything about vim, probably because bloat (although you can compile almost anything out)

What a fucking hippie. Exactly the kind that makes me cringe

>no sosig i'm a vegn

Unix neckbeard. Too bad he upgraded his i386 before his pathetic death.

I didn't know you were THAT new, namefag

because it's too mainstream. that's all there is to it. has nothing to do with freedom. uriel was just another shitty dime-a-dozen contrarian. the no job and suicide reflect this

freedom? what are you talking about?

postscript is good and it's in alternatives

>Plan 9's tools are below the complex-enough-to-be-useful-at-all threshhold

Sure, kiddo

cinap?

> ruby
> too mainstream

>2016
>being a mentally retarded shitposter

>freebsd is worse than openbsd
kys

Its a shit compiler.

when is Uriel coming back?

This desu

He's right: simple, modular programs should be used in conjuction, rather than the fuckhuge do-everything programs we run.