Is there any point in upgrading from Sen HD 600?

Is there any point in upgrading from Sen HD 600?

My old HD 600 served me well over the years but kinda want to get something new, but then again I read apparently diminishing returns start to kick in once you go >$300 and expensive headphones are not really worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just update your listening hardware, a 100$ more expensive DAC/amp will do you more good than a 100$ more expensive headphone

Decent headphones for under $200-300:

HD650
HD599
HD598
DT880
DT990
Q701
K712
K702

Even though your HD600 should still be good. What kind of amp do you have?

You can't really get something better unless you consider the HD800S better. IMO the only thing you can get is alternatives with different sounds: K712, K702, DT880, Sony's 7056 for a closed back alternative

>is there any point
>is it worth it
Well gee how are we supposed to know?
>Upgrade
What do you want?
>diminishing returns
They hit you around 10 dollar Chink IEM territory.

It's hard to give worse advice than that, grats.

My denon dh-2000 are falling apart.

I want to take it a step higher, around the 500-700usd range.

Does Sup Forums have a headphone guide?

Hifiman 400i

>hifiman
>dr fang

What's with these names?

It's been a long while since I looked at audio, but this is almost Beats tier of naming.

beats by prof Dr.dre (Msc, OG, MBE)

Fostex TH900

You could try the HD650, which is very similar to the HD600 but with slightly more bass and slightly less treble.

The only worthwhile upgrade would be to a different type of headphone technology (i.e. Stax or Audeze), but this may not be worth it depending on your budget.

hd650 carries the perfect amount of bass for me without being too muddy with the treble not being as sharp

im a happy camper. powering it with schiit modi2/magni2

Everybody seems to love this headphone but I can't stand their splashy upper midrange which gets tiring really fast. They also clamp hard like hell.

you can bend it outwards to make it comfy, that's what i had to do with my 650.

Get any interface that's Presonus or better. They should have robust headphone amps that actually match your hd600s well.

Refurbished lcd-2's
Sale ends tomorrow
$499

Do you want some neck support with that order?

Yes, its veiled shit and the K702 is better

next level meme

*snap*

Could've sold your hd600s effortlessly for $250 and for $250 extra gotten end game and never have to worry about grass is greener again.

I prefer to have treble i can hear

>shit tier QC
>shit comfort
>just a "refurbished LCD-2" while there are at least four revisions of that headphone under the same name
>all this for a different sound signature

So you opt for something that is peaky as hell in the treble and sure to mask the detail under the coloration?

Literally the best headphone in production.

Only bested by Etymotic ER-4SR and that's an ear-dildo so it doesn't count.

oh look the ear dildo/sennheiser shill is back

Just stating the facts.

Also, I don't like ear-dildos.

The HE400i does sounds nice, judging from the things I've heard, but damn, that design looks autistic

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

I'm using one right now, and a long time ago I pressed my finger on the grill just a bit too hard and I think it lumped in. Almost gave me a heart attack, thankfully I think it's replaceable and it doesn't look obviously dented. The ear pads also look a bit disgusting after some use. I feel bad for using it improperly.