Who still /Core 2 Duo/ here?

Who still /Core 2 Duo/ here?

me and my lagging counter strike 1.6

Me.

...fucking management engine can eat a dick.

Thinkpad X200 with P8600 and a desktop with E8500 here.
NSA and FSB, go neck urselves.

I'm finally replacing my C2D rig over the next couple of months. I've had it 8 years and it's been a fucking trooper for me the whole time.

Me.

Q9300

In the hizzy !!

Raise the roof!!

Ooh! ohh !

Can you fags still watch 480p youtube?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 masterrace.

Jokes on you, shit works with 1080p vidya like it's nothing.

Can (You) lick my ass?
Please?

KABY LAKE HEVC MAIN10 & VP9 10BIT MASTER RACE

>tfw got a Zen engineering sample
This thing is fucking amazing.

> new Intel CPUs
> implying windows 10
Do you like passive homosex?

I'm remember when these first came out

The lowest end dual core could be over clocked to be around the same performance as the 1000 dollar part

That's when joined intel's camp

Also was disappointed with FX62

you must be really poor

Booyah-kasha!

I'm replacing mine after 8 years. It could barely cope with browsing the web.

7 Years and my E8400 is still running although I had to replace the motherboard twice (MSI sucks), get a new PSU when I transferred the old one to a later build, got an HD7850 when the 9800GT crapped itself and a new hdd when the old one died. Everything not related to playing modern games still work great.

I would not rule out those processors being compromised too, is insane how people shill hard for intel when all their shit is embeded with killswitchs

it's still a pretty good processor, but it's definitely old

(Jew)
proofs?

Bait

Bought an e4500 is clocked like shit 300mhz max

Then jumped to a e8200 and holy shit lads 900mhz oc ez would of went further if I had h2o

Model name: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz

Never obsolete!

p8400 reporting in

getting xps 13 cause fuck it

my older single core pentium M 1.6GHz laptop (2005) can play 720p30 youtube videos no problem

video playback is different than playing a game, retard

Mobile P9500 here. No slowdown whatsoever.

The later 45nm core2 are still more than enough for most tasks.

E8400 7 years old representin

lel I'm running a recording studio on a core2duo and it still works great

modern celerons are still slower than many core 2 duos

Except it doesn't.

I refuse to believe. What is the most powerful Core2Duo?

i have 4 C2D chips running in my server.

2x xeon E5345

E4300 here dude on my MAIN PC :)

>on my MAIN PC
madman

I'd get a core 2 duo main pc too but can't find any T61s over here.

I've never had any better so it's all good : )

lmao!!

I can do 1080p youtube just fine, full screen on my T7200 C2D T60p Thinkpad. 4gb RAM

Still. Fuck new Macbooks. I have got ports for days and the shit is still fast with an SSD.

Latitude E4300. Shit's cash.

>had core2duo laptop
>upgraded to quadcore sandy bridge one
It really is worth it.

Literal garbage, no one is impressed.

Only the atom based ones, and even those are much better in everything else

Today is my last day
Waiting on my 6700K rn

E6550 overclocked to 2.8 Ghz. Zen better be cheap.

E8600. Can OC a huge amount though.

I was still using mine up until about 6 months ago, when I got hired by an Intel Affiliate and made out like a bandit during their summer deal.

I have an x200s. Running an L9400 C2D. Runs with win 10 just fine. Upgrading to an X201 for Christmas though. Gonna keep my X200s as a work laptop for controls and shit (HVAC tech).

Fuck new.

I am, but this Mac is only my shitposting machine. I also have a Thinkpad T400 with the P8400 that I use with a second display for spreadsheets and other basic work related tasks.

For more intense stuff I have a T420 (with Mac OS Sierra), an X1 Carbon (running Debian 8) and an HP Elitebook (Windows 7 ultimate).

core2duo is still perfectly fine for normies.

In fact, I see zero difference in my everyday webbrowsing from when I was on a Core2Duo to now on a i5 quad core.

i5 does enable me to play games that I couldn't play before. Like, none of you can play PS2 or Wii emulator at 60fps with a core2duo processor. Which I can do now.

I miss my white MacBook.

>Who still /Poor as Fuck/ here?
FTFY

Using things that work perfectly fine for a long time is not a sign of poverty. Actually probably the opposite, since you were able to afford a machine well engineered enough to last for a decade.

P8700, form 7 years ago

My folks have a macmini 1.1 with a Core Duo cpu. I just got them 2GB of extra ram for 11 bucks off amazon.

I'm curious if it makes any difference. Right now they can barely browse the internet on that toaster.

I'm also curious if I can install Win10 on it.

>Right now they can barely browse the internet on that toaster.
Highly doubt. Some sites might be unusable, but that's the fault of those sites.

It has 512mb ram..

That shouldn't be an issue, unless they're opening tons of tabs. The slowness is probably a configuration error or, like I said, shit websites.

miss my e6750 lads

It's a pain to use it and I suspect it's mostly because of the low ram. It was fine in 2006 when they got it as a present, but now it just chokes if you try to load even an average news site.

I think adding 2gb of ram should ease some of that compute load.

I'm also thinking maybe I should install Win10 or 8.1 on it, but letting my folks use Windows is risky, since it's so easy to get a virus with Windows if you are a total noob and click around in webpages. So I'd rather leave them on os x, so at least they can't install all the exe malware they download from the web.

T9300 here. Upgraded from a t7300. Literally 20 degrees c cooler

RAM isn't going to help. The average news site is disgustingly JS heavy and is the problem. Putting Windows on it will make it worse.

Well if it gets to replacing the CPU and the HDD with an SSD then the costs amount to about 200 bucks, which is pointless for a machine worth 10 bucks on ebay right now.

For that money, I might as well get them an intel compute stick and it would still give them a better browsing machine than what they have now.

Come at me bro. What servers do you pkay on?

still using my old q6700. works great on most games and I can play skyrim over 40fps on high. I will be upgrading my system once ZEN arrives

feels gud man

me
my optiplexes just won't die and work perfectly as servers. I just had to replace the psu in a MT one and installed 8GB of ram in a DT one.

I'm stuck with 4 HT until my skylake arrives

True enough, although I'd question why those of you with C2D chips haven't at the very least grabbed cheap C2Qs on Ebay if you're not extremely poor. We reached the point where it was worth the money to do so years ago now. For that matter, I've seen whole C2Q and Phenom II X4 systems (decent ATX mobo, ram, and CPU) go for $40-$90 on Ebay.

C2D chips draw very little power and normally have better single core performance. Thus they're normally completely fine for normal workloads and a C2Q is a waste of money/power.

That said, some C2Qs are still fine for modern gaming even so that counts for something.

I'm still waiting for Kaby Lake MacBook Pros so I'm stuck with a Core 2 Duo until that glorious day arrives

This isn't even 64 bit, right? I swapped a core duo for a core2 in a t60 and am really enjoying the fact that I will never need a faster pc.

Well most of these machines seem to be laptops, so they never had any quad cores available. As for desktops, they seem to be SFF business machines that probably cannot support the TDP or power consumption of the C2Q.

you must be really retarded

core2duo on my old laptop, no video problems whatsoever

E6550 2,3@3,5GHz here...

Just ordered a sweet E6700 to max out a prebuilt that had a E4300 until Zen APU's drop
Running a X60 with a 1.8 Ghz Core Duo as my main laptop and machine, comfy as fuck
All of my C2D's/CD's are undervolted, they usually run pretty close to their minimum voltage and run at less than half of their original TDP
I can decode hi10p 1080p on my X60 at 50 FPS
Unfortunately the underclocked GMA950 shit's itself, though on my desktop's they are able to do 1080p just fine
DELET THIS
It isn't, it's basically a souped up Pentium III
Still good enough though, I'm replacing the T2400 in my T60 with a T7200 pretty soon, a lot of software isn't compiled anymore for 32 bit machines
E4300 can overclock like beasts, they easily hit 2.5 Ghz and if you are willing to play with voltages 3 Ghz isn't hard, some people could hit 3.6 Ghz on air

question here:

1-what is the most powerfull intel processor with no IME and alike shit?

2-what is the intel core 2 duo shilling? i got a comfy intel core 2 quad (no vpro)

me

Dude, I play CS:GO at a solid 60fps. A decent vidya card makes a difference.

which c2d do you have?

Q6600. I know the shit is old, but it can still get it done.

That's a Core2 Quad m8

This is reason i suspect intel started locking down that stuff
bet they realized they were losing a ton of money

My vista pc had this, it made my computer have a very loud fan. Never again.

Well I thought we were talking about ANY C2D

A Core 2 Quad is abbreviated as C2Q, a Core 2 Duo is abbreviated as C2D
You would be thinking of ANY Core 2

Feels good, strangely i3 was preconfigured once you install it

Hell yea boi

>tfw $35 Celeron G1820
>tfw it's like two times faster than my old E8600
Why do you guys still struggling with these?

Fastest cpu my laptop supports, honestly. Still plenty of usability

Cause they're like old Tanks. They may be outdated, but they're still tough as hell.

I have a desktop with a 6600k clocked at 4.5GHz with 32GB of RAM and a Thinkpad with a Core 2 Duo P8400 clocked at 2.26GHz with 8GB of RAM and for web browsing and doing other basic bitch stuff the difference between the two systems is negligible.

Yeah, picked up a $20NZD Lenovo thinkcentre with a Core 2 Duo 6300 and 2gbs of RAM.

Running Manjaro on it atm but I'm gonna switch to Debian when that shit inevitably breaks itself with updates.

Anyone here with a Core2 Extreme and a matching, working motherboards?
Looking to buy to complete my collection.

Top-of-the-line shit from a few years ago blows bottom of the bin garbage from a few days ago out of the water all day long, "faster" is a misnomer anyway, theoretical CPU performance barely matters for shit anymore for the majority of tasks.

never had c2d/q but i upgraded from a socket 939 single core amd64 cpu to i2500k a year ago and wont upgrade from that before theres a cheap 6/8 core model available. also the i5 was only 100€ and it was almost 300€ here when it was new