Should i get a Macbook Pro?

Give me a good reason for not buying this.

Never used a mac before, but i'm sure i will get used to the OS quickly.

Will pirate media composer tho.

I'm gonna use it for video editing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1_Fo48S3W8
youtube.com/watch?v=GFugRBXIrhk
youtube.com/watch?v=-rvpq8LopLU
youtu.be/JCCvEzqDq8U?t=3455
originpc.com/gaming/laptops/eon17-slx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Come on Sup Forums i need your wisdom.

Just don't.
It by far not worth it

wait until the next upgrade, it will be cheaper. same goes anytime apple makes significant changes to their computers. retina mbp's dropped a lot after awhile.

> Give me a good reason for not buying this.
Display glitch.

You'll love it. Go for it.

consider selfdestruction.

THREE THOUSAND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

3.330 with taxes.

May as well go all in and make it 1tb ssd for 400$ more.

If you were actually serious about buying a computer for media editing you would be buying a desktop computer, not a laptop

>1TB SSD

Are you poor? 2TB or bust.

That's 800$ more

Do it. Its not just storage you're getting, the higher capacity drives have much faster controllers and probably better IOPS too.

At least get the 1TB pityfag

If you want it, get it.

Fuck do want from Sup Forums that hasn't been said a million times?

youtube.com/watch?v=o1_Fo48S3W8

I don't think you understand what the children really want.

Fuck you stop trying to make me burn money you fucker.

I'll follow this advice .

Already have that.

I'm thinking about buying dat new smaller professional sony camcorder, this macbook, recording and editing everything in the same place directly.

Love mine - but not sure id buy a 2016 - the posts are a major major issue for me.

Get a 2015 if you can find one new OP and enjoy an awesome premium experience.

What is love?

>I'm gonna use it for video editing.
at hobby/amateur level i guess ? surely not professional because that thing is way to underpowered for it

OS is shit. Everything is soldered down. Keyboard is atrocious.

>I'll be using it for video editing
You're spending way too much for this. There are other solutions that will be superior for cheaper

Nothing osx gives you will be better when you can get things like Adobe after effects and Sony Vegas pro torrented

>I'm thinking about buying dat new smaller professional sony camcorder, this macbook, recording and editing everything in the same place directly.
Thats a fucking waste you're sacrificing so much performance for the pointless ability of portability

They make workstation grade laptops for cheaper that will perform better because of their massive higher performing gpu

He said he already has a desktop/workstation.

OP if you just want something for light editing, why are you spending enough money to get a very good workstation on it? Why not get a XPS 15 for half the money?

Then that means it's a fucking waste of money and time. It's also redundant. He's not doing professional work and wants it for no other reason than aesthetics

There is no point in blowing 3300 dollars for something that doesn't do anything better than he already does

Upgrade the workstation, get a better camera, get better video software, anything else would be more valuable

>He's not doing professional work and wants it for no other reason than aesthetics
Macfags in one statement.

I work as a cameraman, still at 1080p tho.

I was thinking about this kit to get more independent extra work.

Camera still has 4k anyway, but i doubt this macbook can handle 4k, probably impossible to do a 4k multi cam.

Tbh i love the build quality and aestethics, but it's probably not worth 1,5k extra just for that.

Then don't get it. Your current workstation is better and the feature of portability sacrifices too much for what you're doing

Portabilty isn't that useless when you can get a week long work on a foreign country.

Lot's of people want the work edited ASAP.

They're nice but they aren't worth the price

t. 13in owner

Dat XPS15 looks good.

Especially since Apple has been hiring people proficient in Vegas/After Effects to make videos.

>Tbh i love the build quality
What? Components held down by glue? Everything soldered to the motherboard? Hinge screwed into the screen panel instead of the backplate? It looks pretty and well-engineered, but that's just it, looks.

If you really want it for the looks go for it. There's no substitute visual except for the Pixel and it's not suited for the sort of work you want. But in practical terms, it makes no sense. There are other good-looking laptops that are well-made like the XPS15 or the Thinkpad X1.

youtube.com/watch?v=GFugRBXIrhk
youtube.com/watch?v=-rvpq8LopLU

not op but how good is the build quality of dell?

>>I'm gonna use it for video editing.
Fucking retard.
youtu.be/JCCvEzqDq8U?t=3455

why would you even charge all 4 ports at once? is this supposed to be considered an argument?

So you haven't watched the video.

Go to bed Rossman

You dont know what you can buy with all that money. The ignorance is too strong.
originpc.com/gaming/laptops/eon17-slx/

It really depends since Dell manufactures everything from server racks to laptops, but the XPS 13 I have is very good. The major irk I have is the noise from the charging port, it's a hardware issue and only seems to come on when the GPU is being used, but it's really not that loud. Other than that it's very silent, I don't remember the last time the fans came on. I like the hinge, it's solid. Keyboard is bad, but not anymore than any laptop in this size range. Screen is superb. It's very light and the footprint is really small. Trackpad is slightly smoother than a MBP's.

No an argument.

Requires to much work.

Where do mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

Lets see.
>everything is soldered to the mobo
>no touchscreen in TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN
>touchbar makes it so you have to look down at the keyboard, which people have been trying to avoid for the past 70 years since the typewriter ages
>type c and wifi problem when charging cable is plugged in
>3 fps while rendering 3d objects
>only 16 gigs of ram, plus bullshit reason made up by an apple employee when asked why the limitation
>retina is upscaled 750p, not native
>need at least 150 usd in adapters if you want to use ports
>actual battery life is about 2/3 the advertised life on IDLE
>no magsafe so 1 less port
>no F1 to F12
>escape is a touchbar only option so you cant even use it if a program freezes on you

Additionally
>clusterfuck UI, even more so than windows with the addition of force touch
> you have never used apple before

t. I'm a Best Buy "apple expert"

I can list more reasons not to get this but these are on the top of my head. I'm so fucking tired of apple nowadays, but I can't say that out loud or I'll get fired. It's getting super hard trying to sell the new ones to customers after they learn about the negatives of this crap.

Baby don't hurt me.

get a 2015 model, they were the last good MBPs

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

dell xps? dell latitude? dell precision?
Precisions are very solid workstation laptops but they're bulky, in exchange you get good cooling (so your CPU will run at the announced speed and not at 800MHz) and easy maintenance.

Should I get the 2016 13inch mpb(no touch bar) with 16gb ram upgrade, or wait for a good refurb 2015 model to be available? Right now on apple.ca, there is nothing

Where do mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

a good 2015 rMBP with 16GB RAM

>throttlebook

High end business laptop are built like tanks (Latitude 6000/7000 series, Precision, Thinkpad X/T/W) and are easy to maintain/upgrade.

Get a VAIO Canvas Z

Yeah. If you use that macbook for video editing, it will die from overheating.

I swear this should not be a debatable fact: macbooks are known for being overheatable.

no