What the FUCK

what the FUCK
>only other provider in my area is AT&T which also has a 1TB cap
When can we get out the guillotines?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2014/03/07/heres-what-lack-of-broadband-competition-looks-like-in-map-form/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. AT&T with $30 a month extra for no cap
2. AT&T with all of their other services in a bundle (phone + TV) to be exempt from the cap
3. Move
4. Deal

fucking jews

1TB is ok
Wouldn't you be bugged if you started around 80-160gb like Canada?

>internet caps
What's living in the 3rd world like?

Just wait until Trump kills net neutrality, then you'll be paying an arm and a leg, and be getting slow speeds on top of it because the website (ya know, like Sup Forums) didn't pay the premium.

>People who use more pay more
Where's the issue?

I'd kill to have 1TB, we've been stuck at 200GB for a while now (Canada).

how the fuck do you guys manage

I consume media on a small screen so releases like YIFY are less noticeably shit. It also helps that I consume a lot of text-based media.

jesus christ it's like we're reverting to cave man status or something

Just wait until 4K streaming becomes default and mainstream.

>data claps

Comcast put the cap at 1TB just because of that. For normal people right now, 1TB is plenty, but when 4k comes around, everyone is going to have to pay that $50 unlimited fee

>data caps
>in a first-world country
pathetic

>bandwidth is an issue
>just raise already ridiculous prices instead of upgrading infrastructure

Stay poor, burgers

what state do you live in?

Michigan

>tfw burger
>tfw no data cap
>tfw paying the same price for double the band width I started with
>tfw cox

>tfw voted Trump just to be free from this place

5eur for 100GB full speed LTE, 256kb after cap...
Never come even close reaching cap and I use it most of the day (all dl-ing needs are done on home connection, but still, give me a more comfy deal)

>be american
>come home from shipping missiles to isreal
>get attacked by protesters
>get shot in a mass shooting
>nurse slaps me for not using xer preffered pronouns
>can't get obamacare because i spent my data cap on asian cartoons
>lose my job because it got moved to mexico
>get arrested for collecting rainwater
>serve three life sentences for resisting arrest
>cellmate trades my asshole for toilet wine

but at least my flag is on the moon

i don't think i could consume 1tb even if i tried. short of blue rays or around the clock seeding. i average around 350gb.

Come to Richmond, VA. We have no data caps :^)

Let me guess: You're 16 years old and use a ThinkPad as your main computer

get another connection?

>elected a con man to president who believes the conspiracy theories.

This country hit its peak in 1997 before the Clinton scandal. ugh

it hit its peak in the late 1700s when slavery was allowed everywhere

Please, more tears. I want to drown in your tears.

Ouch guys that sucks. I've got Bell FibreOp, and it's sweet. No caps, no speed limits...

Typical low willpower Trump voter.

If I was paying what it was actually worth, I wouldn't care. Paying a premium for worse service is bullshit.

We should have banned these made up limits with neut neutrality

It's Comcast being such a hyper jew that they charge out the ass for your garbage service makes tons of profits then doesn't improve your speeds or infrastructure

The datacaps are completely arbitrary BTW they're only there to make Comcast more money

MOAR, LET THE ASS PAIN FLOW THROUGH YOU

Thats not how the Internet works faggot

Is there a legit reason for data caps other than greed? If I were a competing isp, I'd sell service with no caps and get more customers. It's gotta be more complicated than that.

>Is there a legit reason for data caps other than greed?
No there's not

>If I were a competing isp, I'd sell service with no caps and get more customers. It's gotta be more complicated than that.
Because they're a monopoly there is no competition and they collude to not compete

Keep your mouth open i have a nice load warm delicious cum on the way for you.

Hows its feel to lose the popular vote by 2million?

>in before MU ILLEGAL VOTERS

>tfw 100 Mb service and no caps.

>3 years in, still 39.99 a month.

>Thinking Trump can kill the Sup Forums
Reddit didn't do it. Scientology didn't do it. Chinese-Moot hasn't done it. And you think Trump is going to do it?

The only way that's going to happen is if he buys it and runs it into the ground, since he has plenty of experience running failed businesses.

Also typical Trump voter posting. No content to their posts to back up an argument, just memes or insults.

>tfw $80 a month for 500/50 but at least there's no data caps

wait a moment, they have data caps in the us?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm sure the Cubs feel really bad about having the same number of total runs as the Indians. Oh wait, that's not how the winner is determined. Cry more, she will always be "Bill's wife" in the history books.

We saw exactly how much content Hillary had on the 8th.

Just fuck my shit up. Nobody can even stream 1080p without serious compression. Why are we trying to do 4K?

No one is, which is why 4k TVs are currently a meme

That's whatbi get from trumping

You got the original collage? I need it for science.

My heart bleeds for you bud.

Fucking canacucks getting fucked with way less caps. Fuck I hate how much they charge us up here

Lmao it's just current in a wire it doesn't run out
What the fuck burgerclaps?

message Trump

You may be a little out of touch with the normie world but they are eating that shit up.

My problem with YIFY is that the sound is almost always terrible.

When I first started torrenting, I was fine with YIFY's video quality. It was competitive with what Netflix had at the time, at least for the movies I was watching.

But goddamn, that godawful audio.

>The datacaps are completely arbitrary BTW

They aren't arbitrary, they're brilliantly determined. It's a really big number to most people. People have been conditioned by mobile data plans, they can't even IMAGINE using 1TB of data in a month.

It's pretty fucking brilliant, IMO.

We need to regulate ISPs immediately. It's critical for the common good.

its less that we need to regulate them, its more that we need to stop killing their competition, we make it impossible for other ISPs to come into an area and run cables.

How do you get that popup? Is that in their control panel/account management page?

Eating what up? The TVs? Certainly not the content because there is none. I didn't say no one was buying TVs. Can you even buy a FHD TV at a big box store?

medieval times

>We need to regulate ISPs immediately. It's critical for the common good.

>he doesn't know the telecom industry bought the American legislative branch

>monopoly capitalism, what is it?

>its less that we need to regulate them, its more that we need to stop killing their competition,

We don't kill their competition.

> we make it impossible for other ISPs to come into an area and run cables.

Because we signed agreements with the horrid ISPs giving them exclusive access.

The physical infrastructure should be built out and regulated like any other utility. The rights to bandwidth should be sold off to public-facing, competing ISPs.

Every single time I've seen deregulation take effect in my life, it's hurt the consumer. It happened in the airline industry. Ticket prices are down about 20% (inflation adjusted), but quality of service is *horrendous* now.

Electricity was deregulated and the municipal cable provider dissolved in the place where I was born. Now it's prohibitively expensive to keep your house warm in the winter in that area. The consumers were promised lower prices through competition, and that DID NOT HAPPEN. Instead, the "competing" utility companies just upped their rates to maximize shareholder value.

Contrary to the Republican line, regulation is a *good* thing. Republicans always talk about deregulation, then you give it to them and find that the consumer is being badly screwed, and they work out business-protection regulations that benefit them (e.g. ridiculous training requirements for someone braiding hair, to protect the general aesthetician industry, as covered on Planet Money).

What sucks is that Comcast and AT&T actively try to cockblock anyone that try to be competitive

>1TB
I use that in roughly three days. How do you guys even live?

Set my torrent client to 2.0 ratio limit

Normies fucking love memes. They will eat up any garbage a salesman says is good.

Haven't you ever heard of 'Apple'?

The content isn't there quite yet because of feasibility, but the demand is huge. Look at fucking the new gaming consoles and the boasting of Netflix and Amazon about their 4K content. The demand is real.

>Hows its feel to lose the popular vote by 2million?
fine because we won the thing that actually matters

Chinese moot already tried and failed in that

>he makes a long serious post under the pontification that america is a democracy
>he doesn't understand neoliberalism is the guiding dictum of both parties in late stage capitalism
>he fell for the republican vs democrat meme

>We don't kill their competition.

>Because we signed agreements with the horrid ISPs giving them exclusive access

Which is it dummie?

consumerist.com/2014/03/07/heres-what-lack-of-broadband-competition-looks-like-in-map-form/

I've living in FL and TX, in FL the FPL is THE power company. So they run the show, they've been trying to stop solar power, etc.

In TX, you have a wire company, that supplies an area. Then several (20+) power companies that contribute power to that wire company. When you set up with a power company, they pay the wire ppl its in the contract.

Anyways, its very good because if I don't like the price, I can shop around, change contracts, look for a company with the cheapest green power etc (if you care about that), at no point can they assume I just have to stick with them.

Not saying you don't need regulation at all, just saying its not the end all be all, because at that point just move to Cuba and enjoy all the regulation the world has to offer.

*Yawn* fuck off with your edgy, passive-aggressive nonsense. You are a cancer on this site.

How many times are you going post, guy?

>Which is it dummie?

Signing a contract isn't regulation, dipshit.

>Not saying you don't need regulation at all, just saying its not the end all be all,

Nobody said it is. And the point isn't "any and all regulation", the point is "intelligent regulation". As I said, companies rail against regulation, then they get into power and start lobbying for specific regulation to benefit themselves.

> because at that point just move to Cuba and enjoy all the regulation the world has to offer.

Idiotic, absurd extrapolation argument.

>Signing a contract isn't regulation, dipshit.
The Govt agreeing to do anything other than fucking off is regulation.

you guys understand that republicans have control of all three branches, trump hired two top telecom lobbyist for his FCC transition team, and any chance at regulation is fucked right?

but my memes are okay, right?

Good luck getting your average ratio up like that

>tfw no data cap
>tfw no data cap because even if I used my internet downloading at max bandwidth 24/7 I would only use ~900GB

OP how did you even manage to download 1tb within a month

I managed that once because I downloaded every single PS3 game I could find

The ISP I work for gives gigabyte customers unlimited bandwidth Have fun getting cucked.

>paying more because you moved more electrons
You're a cuck

>hurr then why do you pay for an electricity bill
Because said electricity needs to be generated and that comes as a cost

I already paid for electricity, and I pay monthly for my Internet (uncapped because I don't live in the third world).

Answer this

3rd world has better deals

Oh no just a 1TB cap? Oh no what will poor baby do

Meanwhile I'm sitting here in Canada with less than half of your data cap and I'm not complaining. Fucking grow up and stop watching all your shit in 1080p and cut out that hentai weeb.

thats a weak week, desu

You should see our mobile plans.

It's injected into into web pages if you're not using https

>since he has plenty of experience running failed businesses.
must have ran a hell of a business with your mom.

Wut

I feel bad for you leaves.

>using 1TB a month

literal down syndrome

Get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

This, the reason Korea has moved so far ahead is because their isp business environment is orientated towards more competition, unlike our psudo-oligopolies.

Who is laughing now, cunts

What? You don't like to pay $100/month for enough data to watch a single decent length 1080p youtube video?

Come on man, all the cool kids are doing it.