My laptop has a sd port and I had no idea

>my laptop has a sd port and I had no idea

Does anything similar happen to anyone else or am I just retarded?

when I learned how easy to use bluetooth was I felt stupid for not using it years ago

don't worry guys a lot of people stumble through life not paying attention to the world around them. not me though

Bluetooth is very slow. And as far I remember, cameras don't have Bluetooth.

You can get 1TB SD disks now??

How can you not know what ports your laptop has? How can you not know what an SD card slot is? And this board calls mac users retards.

I didn't know what half the ports on any laptop I owned were for until a couple years ago

You know there's the Ger real possibility that OP has one of the older Macs, right my senpai?

I found out a few months ago that my laptop has a ethernet port
fucking blew me

My notebook has three SATA ports according to the BIOS. 1 is the main one next to the battery, 3 is the DVD drive. 2 is listed as Not Installed and doesn't seem to be anywhere physically on the board; what did they mean by this.

>ethernet port
>not having wifi cable port

300kb/s
Not extremely bad

Probably msata

For about 5 years I didn't know my laptop had a microphone. One day my friend called me on skype despite me telling him I don't have a microphone and he tells me he hears me. I told him bullshit, but yeah he could hear me.

I still don't know where on the laptop the microphone is.

Just because your controller has pins for it doesn't mean your laptop manufacturer actually added traces or the port to the motherboard

>sd port
I discover mine after two years. I even bought an external usb adapter for it too.

>Disk
Oh user...

My laptop had a mSATA port.
Never found about it.

some msata ssds are pretty cheap now

where else am i gonna store my pics?

It's marked here to the left of the HDMI port. What do you think? Send it to Louis asking for a new port?

Or worse, I had a laptop which had a toggle switch for bluetooth but the board didn't even have it integrated.

Sometimes we forget when there's more than just one port.

You are retarded.

Does anyone even use SD cards anymore? I wonder why some new machines have them

Example: Latitude 3000 series

I was surprised when I found out my Alienware M15 had an IR receiver (in b4 hurt durr Alienware, it's long gone now.). I had one of those universal remotes, and used it to control an xbox to watch Netflix. To my surprise, one day when the laptop was in the room when I pressed play/pause it would start playing whatever was in VLC at that time

They are usually little pinholes near the camera

>They are usually little pinholes near the camera
I bought a laptop without a webcam.

Probably not retarded, just an inattentive normal-aspiring fag.

You know it doesn't even have to be RTFM but just take a glance at it, and you would've known.

some people still use them in cameras

>one terabyte sd card

Yea right. Why the fuck do we have 2.5'' hard drives then if !TB could fit on a fucking flash card?

>that battery

If you need to change it, can you change the battery inside the black thing, or do you need a whole new black thing with the little cables and connector?

>300kb/s
>16 seconds to transfer a single 5Mb jpeg photo
>one minutes and half to transfer a single 25Mb raw photo
>10 hours to empty your camera
>not bad

While a basic SD card can do 25mb/s

Yeah. Camera, audio recorder, phone, graphics tablet.

Also, I've a small box with about 50 SD and microSD in various sizes from 4 GB up to 128 GB, last count a couple of terabytes storage. I store encrypted data files on them instead of keeping them on a computer.

Cheaper and faster than DVDs. If you take care of them properly (after testing properly before putting into use), also more reliable.

Buckets of WIN all around.

I have a couple of high quality USB 3 card readers, which tend to be more reliable and faster than installed card readers on a system. I've removed card readers from several desktop PCs to free up expansion space for other devices.

> pic related, I've had this conversation with Sup Forums before

>SanDisk

My Galaxy S3 seems to eat those.

How fast are SD cards compared to SSD. Can i put OS on it?

Bluetooth transfers data at like 300kb/s which is like dial up speeds for downloads. What the actual fuck is it used for really?

To be fair laptops do tend to tuck away the SD slot pretty well.

>am I just retarded?
Yes.

>Buys a laptop
>Doesn't read the manual for specs info

Yes, you are retarded.

I had a 2nd hand HP Dv6 laptop for two years.
Disassembled the whole thing for cleaning/re-pasting and found out that it had a remote control tucked into an express card slot.

After I got my preordered physical copy of the new Deus Ex I realised I don't have a disc reader in my laptop.

Are you literally retarded?

>How fast are SD cards compared to SSD
user please

UHS-II SD cards can goes up to 300Mib/s, but cards and readers able to achieve that speed are rare and probably expensive.

Flash storage is more expensive and SD cards can be unreliable under constant read/write situations

I haven't needed to change it, but I'm sure I can just open up the plastic and swap the battery.

Smaller memory cells are less stable and more prone to data corruption when not powered, as well as more expensive.

If we really wanted to we could stuff a ton of NAND chips in the form of a 3.5 in hard drive and it would have more capacity than any HDD out there now.