What's the deal with re-installing windows 10

What's the deal with re-installing windows 10

There's a nice reset feature, that I'm probably going to use, but what if I want to format and install from fresh?

Can I just download the ISO illegally and get some random cd-key? How does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I obviously didn't have a legit version of windows before I upgraded, but what about all those legit users who got their free upgrade? What's the protocol?

W10 license is stored on the motherboard BIOS. If you've authenticated your W10 already, you can reformat your drives - or even put entirely new ones in, and it'll just work.

Hahaha, no it isn't you fucking retard.

Why do you think its linked to the motherboard then? It isn't stored in the HDD, I assure you.

I wasn't going to fall for that...

LTSB N

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""upgraded"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

How on earth was it an upgrade? What did you run on your computer? Something that just drained your bank account for money all at once?

I just went to viruses.com and started clicking buttions

Install Windows 7 activate it with what ever bullshit activator you find and then upgrade to windows 10.

That's how I did it the first time, but the upgrade isn't available anymore for free...

Windows 10 is linked to your ms account assuming you did a fresh install and then logged into your ms account

Makes sense.

It worked a few weeks ago for me, give it a try.

You're both wrong. There's some sort of hardware ID on Microsoft servers that is used for activation.

I have windows 10 on my ssd, I plan to buy a faster ssd as the one I have is dying, I upgraded from windows 8 yo 8.1 to win 10, will i be able yo use my win 8 disc on a new ssd and update my ms account and will it offer to upgrade as i did so a year ago? Or am I fucked and stuck back on windows 8.1?

You can just throw that SSD in your computer and do a fresh install of the same edition and language of W10. No need to do the upgrade process again.

Your windows 10 license should still be good, just do a clean install in the new ssd.

Use the key from your previous version of Windows that you upgraded? The key became a W10 license.

I got my W10 Pro license from Kinguin for $20, and it's legit. However, make sure to get the $2 insurance so if it ever becomes invalidated they'll give you a new one for free.

You could also not be a cheap-ass and buy a legitimate license for around $100. You could also say fuck it and pirate windows as well.

its not, but it should be, so if someone wants to wipe the drive and do a clean install from a downloaded ISO of the same windows version that came with the PC then it would not be a problem, but those greedy pigfuckers that run micrososoft would gladly sell you the same bucket of garbage over & over & over again if they can get away with it

>I got my W10 Pro license from Kinguin for $20

>if someone wants to wipe the drive and do a clean install from a downloaded ISO of the same windows version that came with the PC then it would not be a problem

That's exactly how it works now.

Just use the media creation tool and get a legit copy. Once it updates it auto activates via the botnet

>media creation tool
elaborate

Microsoft's software that installs/downloads windows 10.

Link?

If you did one google search or checked your Microsoft account you would realize that information is kept on your Microsoft account.

Doesn't mean it's not kept else where, obviously because not everyone uses their ms account

Fucking google "media creation tool" and you'll find a link to the microsoft page

If you want a clean ISO all ya gotta do is spoof your user agent to Linux or something and then visit here:

microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

If you visit with a Windows user agent it'll try to get you to download the tool.