Why is every fucking meetup full of front end developers?

All meetups around here are full of shitty hipster front end developers working in the latest frameworks.

What the fuck kind of culture is this?

Why go to a meetup ever, for anything?

because i want a job

Guys that like it in the back end are busy doing other things.

sounds gay but true

Because anyone can take Bootstrap and any of the thousands of premade JS frameworks and make something decent without really knowing how to really do it.

Back end is for queers.

Also back end world is not being revolutionized by a completely new framework stack and a new superset of js language every 6 months.

I want to go back in time and kill Jison developers team.

>working in the latest frameworks.

Comming from a web frontend to a javafx one I trully miss it. Having a shitton of competing libraries, that get constatly updated and have a active community like in the nodejs world is trully unique. Here in the java world whenever I find something its at best from like 2012 and thats considered modern. (speaking of GUI, I know backend is a bit better with spring and stuff).

Every subculture or whatever you want to call it is populated by mostly people interested in the easiest portion with the quickest visual results. Hardware and low level programming is naturally only diehard autists.

It's like comparing car shows to machinists.

Because only filthy fucking normalfags would want to do front end

It's about money you fucking retard. That's the culture.

I program in Java. How easy will it be for me to get into this front end shit to get a job?

What's the difference between front and back end?

k... keep me posted

Make a portfolio or github of a site made in a meme framework, associate yourself with that in job interviews or with clients and I think you could get work.

One takes it front the front end the other takes it front the rear

make things and apply for jobs.

>going to meet ups

lol, are you fucking gay?
lame as fuck

Because front-end developers have no critical issues to deal with/fix/deadlines to meet and need to somehow fill their time.

2bh I'm jealous I'm not a front-end develoshit

Front end dev here. I don't really go to meetups except on the raaare occasion, if I have a friend or two going or if there is a talk someone is giving about something really interesting and useful.

I'm by no means a normie. I mean, I have a little kawaii anime girl figurine behind the glass in my computer case sitting under my GPU. But yeah there are alot of front end devs who are shit but think they're good. I think part of it is because front end development is something that is relatively "easy" to get into. HTML and CSS are simple and quick to learn (though CSS is difficult to master). And then they think the rest is just as easy, learn jquery and think they're good programmers. Many haven't even tried learning the basics of a back end language to supplement their JavaScript / programming knowledge in general. Meanwhile, at work I have to fight our absolutely shitty legacy frontend spaghetti code and cringe at how bad so many frontend programmers are. UGH. But whatever, I love front end development. It's fun, challenging, and more creative (artistically and visually) than back end. The thing is, with front end, I firmly believe you also can't be a truly good front end dev without also having creative/artistic/design interests and skillsets as well. And many front end devs out there are not creative/artistic minded.

But yeah. Anyways, lots of shitty front end devs out there.

End of rant. Going to get more stoned now and watch more anime.

>lots of shitty f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶d devs out there
FTFY

what makes devs shitty? curious since im new to programming and dont want to be shit

what mistakes to avoid in general?